Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As previously reported, the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is scheduled in to Southampton on 24 Feb and there was hope that this date would move left (like the Cosmos did) to allow it to drop off its UK bound vehicles. Unfortunately I have found out that the Challenge is due to pick up a load of VWs at Emden on 20 Feb so I don't think there is time for it to manage a Tesla drop off at Southampton.

Coincidentally, other 'trackers' like me have today discovered that the container route for S/X has been running in tandem to the exclusively Model 3 ships throughout!
Moreover a chap has been dutifully documenting them on a spreadsheet
The conclusion is that the pictures we have seen of S/X on the docks are destined for places other than EU.
Thanks @Andrew Cairns

Reactions: Andrew Cairns
Do we know when the Cosmos is due to leave Zeebrugge, and what time on Thursday it’s due to arrive in Southampton?

Arrival showing as 5:30am.

C657FBDD-2516-47B3-8E12-0306356CAA9F.jpeg

Reactions: SuperTed and Boggle
Coincidentally, other 'trackers' like me have today discovered that the container route for S/X has been running in tandem to the exclusively Model 3 ships throughout!
Moreover a chap has been dutifully documenting them on a spreadsheet
The conclusion is that the pictures we have seen of S/X on the docks are destined for places other than EU.
Thanks @Andrew Cairns

Could you check if my assumption is plausible?
  1. I received a final invoice including a VIN on 20th January. (Now I assume this is the date my car is transferred by train to Houston).
  2. According to this, it takes 14 days from Fremont to Houston by train, which means that my car arrived 2nd February.
  3. According to the spreadsheet above, MAERSK IOWA departed Houston on 2nd February. Assuming my car is loaded to IOWA, it will arrive at Rotterdam on 17th February (takes 15 days).
  4. According to this, it takes 18 days from Rotterdam to UK customers, which means around the end of the first week of March (if the car doesn't need to go to Tilburg, then we save five days).
Although a Tesla staff told me that my car is in the Glovis Challenge, she said that it will be delivered by the end of February or the first week of March, which doesn't make sense. If the delivery date she told me is right, then I guess this could be another possible scenario. :(

Could you check if my assumption is plausible?
  1. I received a final invoice including a VIN on 20th January. (Now I assume this is the date my car is transferred by train to Houston).
  2. According to this, it takes 14 days from Fremont to Houston by train, which means that my car arrived 2nd February.
  3. According to the spreadsheet above, MAERSK IOWA departed Houston on 2nd February. Assuming my car is loaded to IOWA, it will arrive at Rotterdam on 17th February (takes 15 days).
  4. According to this, it takes 18 days from Rotterdam to UK customers, which means around the end of the first week of March (if the car doesn't need to go to Tilburg, then we save five days).
Although a Tesla staff told me that my car is in the Glovis Challenge, she said that it will be delivered by the end of February or the first week of March, which doesn't make sense. If the delivery date she told me is right, then I guess this could be another possible scenario. :(

Only if you ordered a Model S or X is it likely to be on the Iowa.
If you ordered a Model 3 and Tesla told you it's on the Challenge, it's most likely on the Challenge.

Not exactly however it's AIS destination is now showing Southampton. Next couple of hours I guess.
My delivery is booked for Tuesday 18th in Birmingham, although "subject to change" based on the text message.

I'm half-expecting the people arranging the deliveries to be less informed about shipping movements than Mr Miserable and those of us reading this thread. I wonder what the chance is that they haven't accounted for the delay and end up postponing it...

Based on original draught of 9.8M and new draught showing as 9.5M, my calcs say approx 800 vehicles were unloaded, that seems very low, so will check next ship to see if the calc method is total bobbins.

Would expect Netherlands and Germany to be getting a pretty high proportion of vehicles being shipped, unless there are other ships or other sources for continental EU customers.

Just spoken to tesla, apparently the latest update is that my car is in Southampton. Have I missed a ship? I thought the first ship was the cosmos tomorrow AM?
LR, White, black, Aeros, ordered 29/12, lease, Heathrow collection
They're just 'exaggerating' the truth I'd say. The car will probably be in Southampton tomorrow morning if it's on the Cosmos, but the Tesla people on the phone won't be as 'obsessed' with ship tracking as we are; it's likely they won't appreciate that the ships are running late because of the storms.

No but I don’t think they have my mobile number as it’s a lease.

Mine's a lease and Tesla have my phone and email tied to the RN. Not that Tesla have sent me a single message that wasn't simply a reply to my chasing them for an update...

Reactions: Joelly
I suspect that is the case too, but thought it was worth mentioning. If the original schedule was met then would it be at Southampton by now? I’ve lost track a little.

Yes, I believe so, which is what they'll be referring to. The Cosmos cars were meant to be there yesterday or the day before I think. It'll be in this thread somewhere. Free AIS sites are reporting 04:00 tomorrow as Cosmos' Southampton ETA.

Reactions: Joelly
Glovis Cosmos still at berth at the moment maybe awaiting the narrow entrance to clear before it can leave. I guess it shouldn't take long from Zebrugge to Southampton. Berth 104 is clear now according to the map I'm looking at so does anybody know the Glovis captain's number to let him know before someone pinches it! :)