Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know if the GLOVIS CHALLENGE has some RHD cars on if it’s not Southampton bound?
Bear in mind the cosmos dropping Tesla’s in Southampton is out of the ordinary. Not the other way round, so I’m pretty sure challenge will have RHD cars on. They’ll just get transferred to the uk on another boat/s. Also not that Tesla call centre staff are the most clued up, but some have been told their cars are on the challenge

Reactions: Gatsojon
You might get lucky, but it’s probably more likely you’ll get a June delivery if delaying until then.
You might be right, but I'm guessing that there's a larger than normal demand for April lease deliveries due to the tax changes. Not sure if Tesla would take that into account planning their RHD production. These changes have been known about for a few months now

You might be right, but I'm guessing that there's a larger than normal demand for April lease deliveries due to the tax changes. Not sure if Tesla would take that into account planning their RHD production. These changes have been known about for a few months now
For Tesla it always seems to be about the end of quarter rush, so I imagine there will be a big effort up until 31 March, then very little happening in April. The UK market is quite small, relatively speaking.

Reactions: ringi
I thought about moving my collection to Solihull, but the sales advisors there told me to pick up at Birmingham as I would have a better Tesla experience.
I’m assuming that was a sales advisor from on the phone from Tesla Central?

I called into the Touchwood Solihull ‘store’ about a week after I ordered. No VIN at that stage so they couldn’t really say much about delivery dates. I asked them about how collections worked in the Touchwood shopping mall and, to my surprise, was told that it was yet to be finalised! (Have there really been no collections there yet?) The advisor thought it might be on the ‘roof’, or in a basement car park. This sounded a bit vague/dubious, so I asked if I would be better off using the Birmingham SC but Touchwood store advisor was keen I stick with them for a ‘great expereince’.

Hello to everyone!
I’m a complete newbie and only been following very recently, so pardon any mistakes/ repetitions.

I got a call yesterday morning (Friday 14) from Tesla confirming I have been matched with a M3 sr+ on Morning Cara. (Not sure if it matters I’m due to collect from Dartford).
So for everyone that was wondering... morning Cara seems to have M3 for the Uk!

On the other side... I was told that the ETA is Feb 21, but when do the cars actually arrive in the UK? As the ship seems to be directed to Balboa... I’m not sure if I’m missing something...
Is there a further journey from the cars after this ship, in another ship? Or will they be transported to the service centres for collection directly?

thanks!

Reactions: Roy W. and Gatsojon
Hello to everyone!
I’m a complete newbie and only been following very recently, so pardon any mistakes/ repetitions.

I got a call yesterday morning (Friday 14) from Tesla confirming I have been matched with a M3 sr+ on Morning Cara. (Not sure if it matters I’m due to collect from Dartford).
So for everyone that was wondering... morning Cara seems to have M3 for the Uk!

On the other side... I was told that the ETA is Feb 21, but when do the cars actually arrive in the UK? As the ship seems to be directed to Balboa... I’m not sure if I’m missing something...
Is there a further journey from the cars after this ship, in another ship? Or will they be transported to the service centres for collection directly?

thanks!

I phoned Edinburgh center with my RN number and was told my M3 would arrive end February and I would be able to pick it up first week of March but they couldn't say what ship it was on. I then phoned Tesla central and was told that my M3 was on the Morning Cara and it would arrive around the end of March and I would get it the first week in April. ??????????

I phoned Edinburgh center with my RN number and was told my M3 would arrive end February and I would be able to pick it up first week of March but they couldn't say what ship it was on. I then phoned Tesla central and was told that my M3 was on the Morning Cara and it would arrive around the end of March and I would get it the first week in April. ??????????

MORNING CARA ETA Zeebrugge ~ Thu 5 Mar....Its currently in the Pacific off the coast of Mexico heading to Balboa at the western/pacific entrance of the Panama canal. It goes through the canal and emerges into the Atlantic where it will continue it's journey to Zeebrugge. Worth reading the very first post in this thread as Mr Miserable gives a very useful overview of the process.

You can track it here. MORNING CARA Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9574092) - VesselFinder

Reactions: Vadervonham
I’m assuming that was a sales advisor from on the phone from Tesla Central?

I called into the Touchwood Solihull ‘store’ about a week after I ordered. No VIN at that stage so they couldn’t really say much about delivery dates. I asked them about how collections worked in the Touchwood shopping mall and, to my surprise, was told that it was yet to be finalised! (Have there really been no collections there yet?) The advisor thought it might be on the ‘roof’, or in a basement car park. This sounded a bit vague/dubious, so I asked if I would be better off using the Birmingham SC but Touchwood store advisor was keen I stick with them for a ‘great expereince’.

I actually went into the Touchwood store yesterday as I live 2 miles from Solihull town centre, he said that the cars are delivered and kept on the roof and they drive them down to the basement upon collection but it’s pretty busy in there as they’re doing test drives more or less on the hour.

I believe you have to watch a 25 minute orientation video regarding the car and I don’t see where they would do that in their store as it’s all one open space.

I’ve decided to leave it as Birmingham as my colleague picked up from there and said the staff were great and helpful. The Solihull store is full of sales guys so I can’t imagine they would be much use if there was an issue with the car you wanted to have captured to be corrected. I’ve heard sometimes if there are issues with the car they can be corrected as the Birmingham SC before you leave depending on what type of issue it is.

Something to think about..

It’s not too late to change it. You can call tesla and ask to have that condition removed. realostically you’re look at 1 month of BIK tax at 16% max, more likely half a months worth.
Rang Tesla today to be told that a VIN has been allocated. I guess I just need to contact the lease company now to make sure they don’t reject any cars because they are too early.

Reactions: Joelly
The GLOVIS CHALLENGE is making good time enroute to Zeebrugge and will arrive there this evening.
Where it docks will be of interest - the GLOVIS COSMOS docked opposite the usual Tesla dock.
Then we need to watch for the crossloading of vehicles bound for UK. At the moment I suspect AUTOPROGRESS may be a candidate and where it docks will provide a clue. It will be subject to the worst of Storm Dennis so there may be delays getting vehicles to the UK as a result.

Meanwhile, The ASIAN KING continues to load at Pier 80.
It is due to depart tomorrow (Sun) evening but I can't find out its destination.
Pier 80 will be unusually empty until the GLOVIS CAPTAIN arrives on Tue to load up its EU bound cargo.

BROOKLANDS arrives of the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal late tomorrow and should transit the canal on Monday morning.
(For those following this ship, Balboa is not Bilbao.)
What will be unusual about its Canal transit is that due to its size it will have to use the newly build locks. It will also be one of the first ships to be subject to the increase in fees as a result of the canal's water shortage. The water shortage and specifically restrictions on the numbers of ships transitting has contributed to the visible congestion at both ends of the Canal. BROOKLANDS should not be affected by the congestion as long as its booking is in order and its fees have been paid.

Summary

SHIP Approx ETA Zeebrugge

GLOVIS CHALLENGE 15 Feb
GRAND MARK 21 Feb
BROOKLANDS ~ 29 Feb
MORNING CARA ~ 5 Mar
GLOVIS CAPTAIN ~ 13 Mar