Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
figuring out when a car may arrive

White paint, non-white seats etc, no tow-bar, collect from Heathrow ... that's my guess at the most likely combination for earlier gratification. I'm scheduled (Tesla Admin Chaos permitting ...) to pick up this week, that will be 4 weeks from ordering.

Not sure how much collection from non-Heathrow locations delays things, but I think it must do some ... Heathrow can hand over 100+ cars a day when it chooses to. I suspect that is reflected in the car transporter logistics arrangements, whereas if satellite sites don't have those frequent transporter deliveries then they aren't tooled-up for the logistics required for high-throughput at any other time.

But all guess-work on my part. There may be sufficient crowd-sourced data of orders to be able to get a statistically significant snapshot of option-combinations and delivery locations.

I’m guessing there’s no formula for figuring out when a car may arrive.

My dad and I both ordered a M3 end of Jan. Mine long range, no options. His Blue Performance white seats.

Has anyone else had a VIN number after ordering a car around the same time?

As we all know there’s prep to be done as this is my first EV. Wondering of the chances for a March delivery?

I ordered an M3 LR Black/Black on 26 Jan and my hidden VIN showed up on Thursday. A phone call to Tesla confirmed I'm on the MORNING CARA. I guess they may still be allocating VINs from that load, otherwise you will hopefully be on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN which is due SF in a couple of days and then due Zeebrugge March 13.

Good Afternoon all, I’ve been following this thread with interest.
This is my first post. My M3LR is on the Challenge and I’m awaiting delivery details.
I just thought Mr. Miserable (fine work sir, thank you for your time and efforts) might like to hear what I was told by the
delivery logistics chap at Dartford on Thursday. Although I suspect Mr. M might already be better informed!
His thoughts....Tesla are probably going to revert back to Zeebrugge drop offs whilst the Brexit 11month cooling off period is in place and Glovis Cosmos might be the last Southampton direct ship we see for some time. That said
the new plate/BIK demand may see a one-off U.K. direct delivery.
I wonder, as none of this is officially confirmed, whether this concurs with anyone else’s findings?

White paint, non-white seats etc, no tow-bar, collect from Heathrow ... that's my guess at the most likely combination for earlier gratification. I'm scheduled (Tesla Admin Chaos permitting ...) to pick up this week, that will be 4 weeks from ordering.

Not sure how much collection from non-Heathrow locations delays things, but I think it must do some ... Heathrow can hand over 100+ cars a day when it chooses to. I suspect that is reflected in the car transporter logistics arrangements, whereas if satellite sites don't have those frequent transporter deliveries then they aren't tooled-up for the logistics required for high-throughput at any other time.

But all guess-work on my part. There may be sufficient crowd-sourced data of orders to be able to get a statistically significant snapshot of option-combinations and delivery locations.

Thanks pal, appreciate your comments. My pick up is Leeds. Hadn’t realised that could have an effect but it may do as you say. Im going to ring Tesla Monday.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I ordered an M3 LR Black/Black on 26 Jan and my hidden VIN showed up on Thursday. A phone call to Tesla confirmed I'm on the MORNING CARA. I guess they may still be allocating VINs from that load, otherwise you will hopefully be on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN which is due SF in a couple of days and then due Zeebrugge March 13.

It would be great to be on one of the March ones. Don’t mind even if it’s end. Would be gutted to have to them wait for a June one. I will post when I get my VIN and the order dates to give others an idea

My tracking now shows the Challenge destination as Antwerp I believe, has Zeebrugge just got too busy and will this now slow down a Southampton visit if at all.

No.
It is waiting in an area known as the Antwerp Anchorage.
This feeds both Zeebrugge, Antwerp and other ports in the Scheldt estuary.
It is still going to dock in Zeebrugge.

• Helpful
Reactions: Airbag80
Thanks pal, appreciate your comments. My pick up is Leeds. Hadn’t realised that could have an effect but it may do as you say. Im going to ring Tesla Monday.
I really think that would be a bad move.
The logistics will be in place for your delivery and upsetting them now may not turn out to be a good decision.
If nothing else I would rather be 1 of 20 cars delivered that day (Leeds) rather than 1 in 200 (West Drayton) a day earlier

Reactions: MrBadger
Good Afternoon all, I’ve been following this thread with interest.
This is my first post. My M3LR is on the Challenge and I’m awaiting delivery details.
I just thought Mr. Miserable (fine work sir, thank you for your time and efforts) might like to hear what I was told by the
delivery logistics chap at Dartford on Thursday. Although I suspect Mr. M might already be better informed!
His thoughts....Tesla are probably going to revert back to Zeebrugge drop offs whilst the Brexit 11month cooling off period is in place and Glovis Cosmos might be the last Southampton direct ship we see for some time. That said
the new plate/BIK demand may see a one-off U.K. direct delivery.
I wonder, as none of this is officially confirmed, whether this concurs with anyone else’s findings?

Not yet.
If any ship is likely to come direct to Southampton I would say BROOKLANDS may fit the bill.
We will find out tomorrow once it is through the Canal.

UPDATE
Just noticed that BROOKLANDS ETA for the Canal is now the 18th. That's a 2 day delay.

• Love
Reactions: Ben M3LR
If nothing else I would rather be 1 of 20 cars delivered that day (Leeds) rather than 1 in 200 (West Drayton) a day earlier

I agree. No doubting that Heathrow are tooled up for volume, but its a very impersonal service ... fine if you are used to it, or happy to try that type of car-purchase for the first time! Plenty of friendly staff on hand if you need them, but otherwise it is basically a Group Powerpoint Training Session and then "Here are your keys, off you go". No doubt you'll check the car before you leave ... not sure what if anything Tesla do, but I know all within the space of 20 minutes my Model-3 came off the transporter, was washed and handed over ... not much PDI there!!, maybe some was done at the port ...

Not sure what the charging arrangements are at Leeds (or if O/P has a way to go after collection), but the Supercharger nearby is only 2 stalls, so risk of having to wait, and risk of slower charging because "paired" too. I expect that Leeds, being smaller-more personal, would be amenable to being asked to charge it right up, if O/P needs that. Don't bother to even ask Heathrow to do that ...

My cars from Heathrow have not needing any fettling, so its not been a problem ... but if nothing else the Supercharger stalls are full most of the time so a delay for any onward charging - although Heathrow Supercharger is not far, and the Hotel there gives a discount for Tesla keyfob holders (no, no idea why, they must have a captive audience of folk who are charging, can't see that they need to give a discount as well ... but Thank You :) )

I really think that would be a bad move.
The logistics will be in place for your delivery and upsetting them now may not turn out to be a good decision.

I would be very careful not to change my destination. Like you say logistics will be in place.

I will post what Tesla say tomorrow. My expected date still says “-“ which doesn’t fill my confidence for a March delivery.