Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will text you assuming Leaseplan have your mobile number and it passed through onto the Tesla order process.

I think Leaseplan were supposed to be working on improved comms but they won’t bother unless a backlog suddenly means less deals being satisfied for them - they won’t care too much on a hot product if people are a bit pissed off with no comms.

The Tesla text is to confirm collection at the chosen delivery location and seems to be 4-7 days before collection day/slot.

thanks!

So I’ve just had a chat with lease company. They say I’m on their sheet for end of March delivery. Apparently Tesla have said end April as a holding date as a ship has been delayed by bad weather and the cars from it will be matched next week. Any thoughts which that will be? I’m waiting for. MX

Ordered Tuesday online. Did consider changing the specs so spoke to Tesla on the phone yesterday and sent email. Decided to stick with what I got and had a call early this morning to discuss email where I was told VIN is assigned and the car I ordered is probably in Belgium with possible delivery first couple of weeks in March.

So all this time I've been told my car was on the CHALLENGE when now they're telling me it's on the GRAND MARK.

I've been following CHALLENGE for days and days and trying to decide which ship it goes on next etc etc but now I'm looking at GRAND MARK and thinking "but it's still at sea"

Such a frustrating experience, been waiting for 4 months!!

Rant over. The good news is that there appears to be no changeover when it gets to Zee and is due in today. Then onto Southampton ETA 25th.

I love and hate this company!

So all this time I've been told my car was on the CHALLENGE when now they're telling me it's on the GRAND MARK.

I've been following CHALLENGE for days and days and trying to decide which ship it goes on next etc etc but now I'm looking at GRAND MARK and thinking "but it's still at sea"

Rant over. The good news is that there appears to be no changeover when it gets to Zee and is due in today. Then onto Southampton ETA 25th.

you need to read post 1060 regarding GRAND MARK

Model 3 Buyers

GLOVIS CHALLENGE was delayed several days but arrived Zeebrugge on 18 Feb. Still determining how vehicles will be forwarded to UK.
GRAND MARK looks likely to arrive Zeebrugge late on 22 Feb. This is a day later than originally hoped for.
BROOKLANDS left the Panama Canal earlier today and is showing an ETA of 01:00 on 1 Mar. This is ambitious and it may slip 24 hours. The ship was delayed for 2 days prior to the Panama Canal.
MORNING CARA en route to the Canal ETA 21 Feb. ETA EU ~ 5 Mar
ASIAN KING en route to the Canal ETA 24 Feb. ETA EU ~ 8 Mar
GLOVIS CAPTAIN docks at Pier 80 later tonight ETA EU ~ 13 Mar

MORNING CATHERINE Past form would tend to suggest it will go to the Far East but it could come to EU - no ETA yet but poss ~17 Mar.
I estimated back in early January that we would only get 7 ships this quarter. This is less than the 8 achieved last quarter but compensated to a degree by BROOKLANDS being so much larger than normal. If the rumours of a delay to shipping next quarter are true there may be a push to try and get another shipment done. The MORNING CATHERINE would be the 8th - an amazing achievement if it happens.

There is a suggestion that one ship, MORNING CARA or ASIAN KING, will route direct to Southampton. We won't know that for sure until they leave the Panama Canal.
Really interesting thanks so much for doing this. I suspect my model x being on a ship that has been “delayed by weather “ could be one of those. They said matching to orders next week. Bizarrely seemed to indicate “when they know what’s in it” or words to that effect!

If you have a VIN does that in anyway help you work out the boat?
There is a theory that you will be allocated a VIN when the boat arrives at the Panama Canal. This is hidden but can be found using a browser extension or searching the source code on your Tesla account web page. However, more recently people seem to be getting their hidden VIN a lot sooner in the delivery process, maybe when the ship is loaded in San Francisco. Most of those who bought through leasing companies do not get hidden VIN's but should get their (visible) VIN when the car is much closer to being available for collection (about a week).

Really interesting thanks so much for doing this. I suspect my model x being on a ship that has been “delayed by weather “ could be one of those. They said matching to orders next week. Bizarrely seemed to indicate “when they know what’s in it” or words to that effect!

OK 1060 was for Model 3 Buyers
If you are waiting on an S or X you need to read 1058!

Your not the only one, exactly as you - I thought I was on the Challenge, but just been told I'm on the Mark. as you by the time I get it it'll be a 5 month wait!

Your not the only one, exactly as you - I thought I was on the Challenge, but just been told I'm on the Mark. as you by the time I get it it'll be a 5 month wait!

It seems a theme today, after being told Challenge on multiple occasions, todays its the grand mark, i do get concerned by Tesla giving out miss information. I suppose another alternative is my car is in Zeeb from the challenge and they are going to put it on the Grand Mark perhaps!

It seems a theme today, after being told Challenge on multiple occasions, todays its the grand mark, i do get concerned by Tesla giving out miss information. I suppose another alternative is my car is in Zeeb from the challenge and they are going to put it on the Grand Mark perhaps!
All this Challenge to Mark discussion is worrying for me too. No text from Tesla whereas others on Challenge have had them re pick-up next week.