Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla direct 3 weeks ago and was given my VIN was also told car was on Grand Mark - Ordered M3 LR W/B on 19th Dec 2019. Spoke to Tesla again today and they confirmed car is on the Grand Mark (No prompting from me). Ordered through Leaseplan - Leaseplan have told me nothing to date. All info has come from Chris Olds at Tesla Bristol (Guy who gave me my test drive - Top Guy) Cars are usually in the UK (Via various modes) 3-4 days after Zee. Collection dates can be expected 7-10 days following this. Hopes this helps regarding similar orders and dates.
For People ordering through Lease companies - First get your RN number from the Lease company - Call Tesla Sales and ask for an update - Give them your RN number and they can confirm a VIN match (if you have been matched) and they do know which boats the VIN's are on. ;)

Try to call Tesla and maybe make a swap

Totally my ignorance! Just spoke to Tesla and they informed that most of the existing inventory is actually still in transit and would have a later delivery date than my own.

The nice chap did say that there are SR+ Grey/black available in both Solihull and Leeds right now. He offered to do the swap but as I’m going through a lease company I thought it’d be too complicated to risk it!

Spoke to Tesla direct 3 weeks ago and was given my VIN was also told car was on Grand Mark - Ordered M3 LR W/B on 19th Dec 2019. Spoke to Tesla again today and they confirmed car is on the Grand Mark (No prompting from me). Ordered through Leaseplan - Leaseplan have told me nothing to date. All info has come from Chris Olds at Tesla Bristol (Guy who gave me my test drive - Top Guy) Cars are usually in the UK (Via various modes) 3-4 days after Zee. Collection dates can be expected 7-10 days following this. Hopes this helps regarding similar orders and dates.
For People ordering through Lease companies - First get your RN number from the Lease company - Call Tesla Sales and ask for an update - Give them your RN number and they can confirm a VIN match (if you have been matched) and they do know which boats the VIN's are on. ;)

A better way perhaps is to place the order on the Tesla website yourself (using a referral code, of course) and then passing the RN to the leasing company. This is an acceptable practice and gives you much more insight. Tesla will refund the deposit to you after delivery.

Vessel finder now showing as 2nd March for brooklands o_O

I believe the navigator on BROOKLANDS has been reading my posts...

Model 3 Buyers
BROOKLANDS left the Panama Canal earlier today and is showing an ETA of 01:00 on 1 Mar. This is ambitious and it may slip 24 hours. .

• Funny
Reactions: speedyranger74
Frustrating to see the spec of my order on the existing inventory but then being told my actual car won’t arrive until mid to late March!

Unless I’m misinterpreting the way the existing inventory works?!

Frustrating to see the spec of my order on the existing inventory but then being told my actual car won’t arrive until mid to late March!

Unless I’m misinterpreting the way the existing inventory works?!

This is Tesla UK pre-allocating vehicles from boats that haven't arrived yet to "general sale" where they have not yet matched orders

What is questionable is if they have forgotten any pre-existing orders and are doing what the airlines do i.e. overbooking against allocation.

Hi Guys,

just to confirm a few things.

some of the cars from the challenge are still in zeebrugge. Mine is there.

I am picking up from Stockport and just been told that the cars are staying there now and waiting for the grand mark to pick them up and take them too Southampton.

so originally without the delay, pick up was end of Feb.
But now waiting for grand mark - delivery for me now is 2/3rd week of March.

The only positive is that is guaranteed to be on a 20 plate

Reactions: Mr Miserable
.. normally with most manufacturers - those ordering would have no clue on all this sort of stuff going on with shipping movements / weather impacts etc, you would just get a call from the dealer saying it's delayed with a new date, but because Tesla are not proactive like that and aren't set up to communicate openly, we have to rely on the Good Ship Mr Miserable to inform us and feel better about our worlds ....

I am still finding it staggering how much inventory is making its way to Europe/UK with such large shipping distances in such a condensed timeframe for just one model of vehicle, it is bonkers ....

For most of us a trip from SFO and through to the end of the Panama Canal would be the trip of a lifetime, for the folks organising logistics this is just Ship XYZ, X Tonnage and Y cost. Simples !

Hi. I am in Oslo, Norway, but have been watching this thread to track the cars coming to Europe. There was a vehicle carrier called CITY OF OSLO that docked at Zeebrugge where the Challenge unloaded. I had assumed that this would come to Oslo with my M3, but now it is on its way to Tyne. Would this have anything to do with Tesla or would it be for a different car manufacturer? I am still holding out hope that it will head to Oslo after a stop at Tyne.