Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who would have thought I would get to learn the ins and outs of Panama canal scheduling system by ordering a Tesla o_O.. attached. I looked because I was wondering why lots of ships are waiting and others just sail through. Pre-ordering being the obvious answer £££

Attachments

• Vessel-Scheduling-FAQ.pdf
    608.9 KB · Views: 57
I wouldn't have expected any deliveries in April in any case. Tesla would like to build, and get paid for, cars within the same quarter. With a 3 week shipment to EU it effectively means no deliveries in Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct.
There is however a rumour circulating in the UK, from leasing companies, that next quarter there will be a big gap and that there won't be deliveries until June this year. How true that is remains to be seen...
This is correct Leaseplan have been told that there will be no deliveries after the current shipments until June. I am currently awaiting my white SR+ delivery now FOUR months two days and 14hrs from order, I'm told its on the Grand Mark which is currently going around and around in circles off Zee probably by now the crew are disorientated. I may suggest to the captain he goes straight too Southampton and cuts out Zee.I was hoping this morning she would have docked by now but its not to be another day goes by !!!!!

This is correct Leaseplan have been told that there will be no deliveries after the current shipments until June. I am currently awaiting my white SR+ delivery now FOUR months two days and 14hrs from order, I'm told its on the Grand Mark which is currently going around and around in circles off Zee probably by now the crew are disorientated. I may suggest to the captain he goes straight too Southampton and cuts out Zee.I was hoping this morning she would have docked by now but its not to be another day goes by !!!!!

try 9 months, that’s how long I have waited!!

Or the storm had passed, which is what my sources on site in Zeebrugge tell me.

'Storm' on Sunday was not a storm at all. Stiff breeze at most, compared with the previous storms for sure. This morning, light is at best moderate, yet the Mark is still idling. If it heads in this afternoon then that's a 2/2 correlation with US banking hours opening and 0/2 correlating with winds dying down. Lastly, the much larger Tulane came in last night without issues. The port is open. It's just that the Tesla ships are not heading in on weekends.

Reactions: Danb_Cym
Bit of a mess..... hopefully someone can wire across some $$$ soon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-083846.jpg
    Screenshot_20200224-083846.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 52
'Storm' on Sunday was not a storm at all. Stiff breeze at most, compared with the previous storms for sure. This morning, light is at best moderate, yet the Mark is still idling. If it heads in this afternoon then that's a 2/2 correlation with US banking hours opening and 0/2 correlating with winds dying down. Lastly, the much larger Tulane came in last night without issues. The port is open. It's just that the Tesla ships are not heading in on weekends.
I am hoping its the same as last week, gets to around early afternoon and she will dive in to port once the right people have been paid!

Got this from my leasing company, ZenAuto, obviously its subject to change due to the Grand Mark galavanting around in the English Channel... happy to have got the date(s), but a bit gutted not to be going to collect... Has anyone else had the same?

Hi,
Good news! Your ZenAuto car is just about ready to go.
Tesla have changed the way they do things and will be delivering your new car, you don’t need to go and collect it anymore!
Your delivery will be between 02/03/2020 - 08/03/2020, sorry we don’t have an exact date just yet. Before delivery can be authorised we need your initial payment, this needs to be paid before 26/02/2020 to secure the delivery window.
Your initial payment can be made over the phone by debit or credit card (just not AMEX… sorry!) or using the bank transfer details below;....

The situation hasn't changed overnight.
GRAND MARK remains holding off Zeebrugge.
The port appears to be operating normally with 6 large vehicles carriers having arrived and docked since GRAND MARK began holding. We have seen both quay 509 and 520 (the likely destinations) being used. 520 is currently occupied by the APOLLON HIGHWAY and was the quay used by the last 2 'Tesla' vessels..
She is still booked to arrive in Southampton tomorrow.
Hopefully the situation will become clearer later today with either the ship departing to Southampton or docking in Zeebrugge.

Elsewhere, HOEGH OSLO has docked at Pier 80. It is a brief 24 hr visit, and so just a partial load and in any case I doubt she is EU bound.
The ASIAN KING will approach the entrance to the Panama Canal later tonight and the hope is that she will be in transit through the Canal this time tomorrow. There is a suggestion that she is Southampton bound and we should have an answer to that once the transit is complete. She will arrive 8 Mar, assuming no delays at the Canal.

BROOKLANDS No Change ETA Zeebrugge 2 Mar
MORNING CARA No Change ETA Zeebrugge 5 Mar
GLOVIS CAPTAIN No Change ETA Zeebrugge 16 Mar