Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could also be Glovis Cosmos cars that haven't been shipped out yet, just throwing it in there as a second possible explanation.

Not sure if this helps, but my car was on the Challenge and I’ve now had my text, delivery date (4th Mar) and my reg number through. Would have thought 4th was a bit tight if it was still in Zee and coming in on the Grand Mark?

Thanks, who was that told you? Stockport SC said they didn’t have the information and I would get a text from Tesla not them? (I thought they were Tesla!?!)
I had someone from Tesla calling me to double check all the info I’ve had submitted (drivers licence, registered keeper, collection SC, etc) and they told me (without me asking them... I didn’t even know VIN matching was a thing back then..)

I wake up far too early to find our dear friend Grand Mark roughly 35 mile east of Margate steaming at 17+ knots (luckily clearing the Goodwin sands ok). Southampton ETA well after the Zee fiasco who knows ?. By my calculation the ship (nearly wrote boat) is around 55 miles from my home in Whitstable, perhaps they could divert into Dover and drop it off for me lol.

Brooklands as at 7.00am. Calculated arrival time showing as Tuesday 6.13pm. 32258B34-9F3D-4434-9FB2-F1CC537D222C.png

GRAND MARK is on it's way to Southampton. What's a nice surprise is that the schedule has been updated and it's due in at 15:00.

Finally some action! Collection date of 4th March seems realistic now.

So the latest news from Southampton is that GRAND MARK will meet the pilot at 15:00 at Nab Tower. Allow 2 hours from there to the dock.
Although it looks as though the ship will be early at Nab Tower.

I am now firmly of the opinion that the cars from GLOVIS CHALLENGE have already arrived at Southampton. Why else would deliveries have resumed all of a sudden?

BROOKLANDS continues at reduced speed and is likely to arrive in Zeebrugge on 3 Mar. (Southampton on 6 Mar)
MORNING CARA continues to maintain her speed and will arrive on 5 Mar.

This looks like a logistical train smash in the making and if Zeebrugge were planning on only handling 3000 cars a week they need to revise their plan, quickly.

As to Glovis Captain's 16th March arrival - is that self-calculated ETA or from a source? Did you factor in waiting time at Antwerp Anch, as it seems like you might? I personally always calc with 11-12 days from arrival at Balboa, Panama to Zeebrugge w.o. waiting time.

I tipped GLOVIS CAPTAIN and it's Zeebrugge arrival date a while ago - well before it arrived at Pier 80. I have seen no evidence to change it yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: MGrove
If anyone knows a Southampton contact it would be massively helpful to know draught before/after Actuals and even better how many cars actually unload from GRAND MARK. I am looking for some qualifying information to help validate shipping estimates.

currently GRAND MARK AIS shows as 8.3m, same as on way to Zeebrugge. Mr M posted some varying figures recently, any update to this please ? :)

If anyone knows a Southampton contact it would be massively helpful to know draught before/after Actuals and even better how many cars actually unload from GRAND MARK. I am looking for some qualifying information to help validate shipping estimates.

currently GRAND MARK AIS shows as 8.3m, same as on way to Zeebrugge. Mr M posted some varying figures recently, any update to this please ? :)

Southampton are showing 7.8m on arrival but they are showing 9.0m after unloading!! Can't get the staff....

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Danb_Cym