Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GRAND MARK remains alongside in Zeebrugge and has spent most of the day refuelling.
She is showing on AIS an ETA for Southampton of 06:00 tomorrow however the regularly updated Southampton VTS schedule shows her due to pitch up at Nab Tower at 15:00 tomorrow afternoon. It takes about 2 hrs from Nab Tower to dock.
She has until 09:00 on Saturday morning to unload.

BROOKLANDS has slowed and will not make it to Zeebrugge until 3 Mar at her current speed. She is still due in to Southampton on 6 Mar.
MORNING CARA continues on course to arrive at Zeebrugge on 5 Mar.
ASIAN KING continues on course to arrive Zeebrugge on 7/ 8 Mar,
GLOVIS CAPTAIN ETA Zeebrugge 16 Mar (Panama Canal transit 3 Mar)

Thanks for the update Mr M

Mines on Brooklands too but not heard anything yet any nothing still showing in the account. Pod point coming next week and I still need to shift car! An estimate would be nice at least :(

For anyone still wondering the month you can search the source code for copyOverride . Mine says March and I've been told its definitely going to be March. When I purchased it said Feb.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Matt2000 and TRG103
Have you viewed the details of that car? It's VIN is viewable so you can tell whether it's yours or not (if you have your VIN already).
Shipping Movements 2020 haha

thank you for everything Mr M.

is that a dig to get off this thread haha now I should be sorted for the 4th?

hey, I still don’t have the vehicle yet

id miss this thread, it’s been my favourite so far haha

good luck to everyone waiting on their Flash Gordon, maybe see you at the nearest super charger near you haha ⚡

Reactions: Blueskye

Mines on Brooklands too but not heard anything yet any nothing still showing in the account. Pod point coming next week and I still need to shift car! An estimate would be nice at least :(

For anyone still wondering the month you can search the source code for copyOverride . Mine says March and I've been told its definitely going to be March. When I purchased it said Feb.

I think you will have taken delivery by 22nd Mar

Is this in the source code under ‘manage’ on your account?

This has me quite concerned now. I only ordered on Monday this week (which I realise is a lot less time than most here) but it was from inventory which I took to mean in stock. I've since learned that this probably means on a ship in transit however my copyOverride states May. I've read of others getting their inventory orders in a few days to a few weeks not a few months. My current car has already gone since I can last a few weeks without it, and I had a buyer, but I can't last a few months without a car.

Has anyone that has actually had experience of buying from the inventory got any details on the timescales?

My M3P is on BROOKLANDS. No text/formal VIN as yet but a delivery date is now showing on my account as Fri 13th March (Edinburgh).

When do they text? When is the final invoice issued??

Thanks for this. My M3P is apparently on BROOKLANDS too but through a lease, so I don't have visibility of a collection date. I'll pester them tomorrow! It will be interesting to see how many UK bound cars are on her!

Update on BROOKLANDS current position and speed.

Still not back up to speed.

My trial SAT subscription ends tomorrow so I'll post another update tomorrow morning before it goes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-222857.jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-222857.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Spotted a couple of transporters with model 3’s on heading up the M40 this afternoon.

This is not the first report of transporter loads of Model 3s leaving Southampton in the last day or two which makes me strongly suspect that the cars dumped by the GLOVIS CHALLENGE on to the dock of Zeebrugge were shipped out to Southampton when it was realised that GRAND MARK wasn't going to dock on schedule.

This is not the first report of transporter loads of Model 3s leaving Southampton in the last day or two which makes me strongly suspect that the cars dumped by the GLOVIS CHALLENGE on to the dock of Zeebrugge were shipped out to Southampton when it was realised that GRAND MARK wasn't going to dock on schedule.
It could also be Glovis Cosmos cars that haven't been shipped out yet, just throwing it in there as a second possible explanation.

GRAND MARK remains alongside in Zeebrugge and has spent most of the day refuelling.
She is showing on AIS an ETA for Southampton of 06:00 tomorrow however the regularly updated Southampton VTS schedule shows her due to pitch up at Nab Tower at 15:00 tomorrow afternoon. It takes about 2 hrs from Nab Tower to dock.
She has until 09:00 on Saturday morning to unload.

BROOKLANDS has slowed and will not make it to Zeebrugge until 3 Mar at her current speed. She is still due in to Southampton on 6 Mar.
MORNING CARA continues on course to arrive at Zeebrugge on 5 Mar.
ASIAN KING continues on course to arrive Zeebrugge on 7/ 8 Mar,
GLOVIS CAPTAIN ETA Zeebrugge 16 Mar (Panama Canal transit 3 Mar)

As to Glovis Captain's 16th March arrival - is that self-calculated ETA or from a source? Did you factor in waiting time at Antwerp Anch, as it seems like you might? I personally always calc with 11-12 days from arrival at Balboa, Panama to Zeebrugge w.o. waiting time.

UPDATE TO GRAND MARK

Just an update to save folk scrolling through pages of VIN joy.

GRAND MARK is due into Southampton late tomorrow night (23:30 at Nab Tower).
It has a full day unloading before leaving Pier 104 around 21:00 tomorrow night.

The question is whether she will have to reposition at Zeebrugge to pick up the cars GLOVIS CHALLENGE dumped on the dock?
If she does it's not a simple slide across because I believe she has to be 'starboard side to' in order to load meaning a 180 degree turn is required.

On a previous occasion I've asked my longshoreman source in Zeebrugge whether they move cars from one side of Zeebrugge to the other, and answer is yes they do.
I had it confirmed, when I myself went to Zeebrugge for the arrival of Grand Dahlia in Q3 last year - there I saw vans being moved from one area to another non-neighbouring area.
My presumption is therefore: it's easier to move the cars than a ship. So Grand Mark could have Glovis Challenge cars onboard when departing today, without having moved.