Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not today. Doesn't help that about half of the chargers are out of service.
Sorry Mr Miserable one of those could be mine. A big thanks to this forum and Mr Miserable in the absence of any information from a Tesla or Lex other than a stock date of 10th March. From that and this forum I worked out it must be on Morning Cara - if I was right then I’d get a text today based on Morning Cara landing in Southampton. Sure enough text today and get my car delivered on Thursday! Woo hoo! A follow up call this afternoon to say I’d get a text tomorrow to give me a two hour delivery window. So In fairness up to now Tesla and Lex have delivered on their promise - albeit the order was made with Lex back in November.
Thanks again and good luck to everyone waiting on delivery

With MORNING CARA safely alongside 104 and unloading, eyes will now turn to ASIAN KING and when we can expect her.
She is currently due in to Southampton at 20:30 on Thu 12 Mar.
However, ahead of her are 2 ships the RCC SHANGHAI and the GRANDE MEDITERRANEO.
Both these ships will be delayed because MORNING CARA is not due to leave 104 until 23:00 tonight.
The planners have clearly factored in the anticipated delays and scheduled ASIAN KING's arrival to allow her dock without delay.
That is of course if everything on the 3 ships ahead of her runs smoothly as planned.
What could possibly go wrong?

Did the ASIAN KING come from Zee?

That would be good to know - post on here when you find out please.

Finally got through to Tesla today, they said they can't see any information on my cars whereabouts now, which means it must be on the boat from Zee. Ummm ok.
The guy I spoke to said it should be docking at the end of the week, and be ready for delivery within the next 10 days.

So what boats are due in at Southampton Thurs/Fri?

Finally got through to Tesla today, they said they can't see any information on my cars whereabouts now, which means it must be on the boat from Zee. Ummm ok.
The guy I spoke to said it should be docking at the end of the week, and be ready for delivery within the next 10 days.

So what boats are due in at Southampton Thurs/Fri?

Morning Cara arrived in Southampton earlier today, Asian King expected in Southampton on Thursday, and then Glovis Captain arriving at Zeebrugge on Sunday and possibly may come to UK after... fingers crossed it will because like you I’m waiting and it’s driving me mad!

I called Tesla Sales at Heathrow today, just in case somehow my car got left behind as I've not contacted them for weeks other than trying to bump a referral code onto the purchase (Heathrow said no, Edinburgh said Yes!). Confirmed on GLOVIS CAPTAIN (VIN 594xxx). I need to stop looking at Marine Traffic every hour, it's not making it go any faster :mad::D

Speaking of GLOVIS CAPTAIN I see that it has appeared on the Zeebrugge port schedule.
It's not good news as it scheduled to arrive at 01:00 on 17 Mar
It is due to depart at 22:00 on 18 Mar and so I'm hopeful that means an arrival into Southampton on 19 Mar.
All good things come to those who wait!
Based on not having received a text, the dates those with texts have been given and what they told me a few weeks ago, I’ve readied myself for March 27th, anything earlier is a bonus.

Reactions: Blueskye and Harv3y
Asian King has another Tug alongside....

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 20.15.31.png

Asian King has another Tug alongside....

View attachment 520347

No that's a tanker barge - she's refuelling or bunkering as they say.
The other one is a tug and that's been there all day - just an indication that they have shut the engine down.
The tug is there in case of emergency because they would not be able to start the engine.

Hi mate, I'm going through a lease company too.

So here's what I know which might clear things up (maybe not).

- Lease company order with Tesla and that's as much as they see.
- Tesla have a subsidiary company called 'Tesla Direct' - feels like you're talking to Tesla but you're talking to a delivery boy company.
- The cars go from the port (Southampton or wherever it landed) to the Tesla Direct site in Banbury where they remove the plastic films (boo!), final clean up and charge the cars. This happens on a Monday
- The cars are then driven personally by 'Tesla Handover Trained' people who are not Tesla employees but they're well versed.

When you confirm a delivery by replying 'Y' you then get an SMS the day before with a time slot of 2 hours (mine was 10-12) with a tracking link so you can see EXACTLY where the car is.

How do I know all of this? My car didn't turn up in the delivery window and I am an annoying customer who asks very awkward questions so I managed to find out quite a bit about this. My car was still in Southampton (for those interested, it was on GRAND MARK which docked sometime 27th Feb). So my car was sat there for 2 weeks... very frustrating.

Upside is they're taking good care of me now (because I'm so annoying!) and my car is being delivered tomorrow.

I hope this helps others who went through leasing companies understand what happens after the ship docks!

Thank you for the update - it's really helpful! Just like you, I kept on annoying both Tesla and Lease Co with phone calls and eventually was given a delivery date at home address for Thursday 19th March! Keeping everything crossed now hoping it will go smoothly.

Reactions: Blueskye
Summary

ASIAN KING is refuelling in Zeebrugge and remains scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 20:30 Thursday 12 Mar.

On Monday night GLOVIS CAPTAIN slowed to 14 kts due to weather.
There may be little incentive to resume normal speed since, according to the Zeebrugge port schedule, she is not due there until 01:00 on 17 Mar.
She is due to depart Zeebrugge at 22:00 on 18 Mar hopefully for Southampton.
That being the case we should expect her on Thursday 19 Mar.

Having said that, the Zeebrugge port schedule is not updated frequently and so could be regarded as an unreliable source.
We'll need to keep an eye on the Southampton port schedule to be certain of the GLOVIS CAPTAIN's visit.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Summary

ASIAN KING is refuelling in Zeebrugge and remains scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 20:30 Thursday 12 Mar.

On Monday night GLOVIS CAPTAIN slowed to 14 kts due to weather.
There may be little incentive to resume normal speed since, according to the Zeebrugge port schedule, she is not due there until 01:00 on 17 Mar.
She is due to depart Zeebrugge at 22:00 on 18 Mar hopefully for Southampton.
That being the case we should expect her on Thursday 19 Mar.

Having said that, the Zeebrugge port schedule is not updated frequently and so could be regarded as an unreliable source.
We'll need to keep an eye on the Southampton port schedule to be certain of the GLOVIS CAPTAIN's visit.

So is it better if the GLOVIS CAPTAIN offloads then goes onto Southampton or if the UK cars are transferred to another ship?