Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any particular port we can expect in Zeebrugge? I take it still planned for 104 Southampton?

Actually, the more I look at the Southampton port schedule the more depressing it looks. At the moment I can't see how she can be realistically scheduled in on Wednesday. She really needs to get a wiggle on and get there on Tuesday (which is a big ask) or it'll be a Thursday morning arrival at 104.
Still time for the planners to do some juggling though.....

Reactions: Smog
Tug on the way out?

Attachments

• 3B77416D-FC6B-402A-9017-FF09FA1A8A73.png
    3B77416D-FC6B-402A-9017-FF09FA1A8A73.png
    915 KB · Views: 68
That's interesting 'cos I was told my MX would be in Southampton for the 23rd, unless they meant it would get to Southampton for the 18th and they would have got it to Bristol by the 23rd...

I'm still not 100% on how Model S/X get to UK.
It may seem obvious to ship them from Zeebrugge with the Model 3 shipments however I remain to be convinced that they use this route.
Your car may well arrive in Southampton on 23rd but not with a load of Model 3s for company.

I can't answer this.
In the past they were all delivered to the delivery centres and you had the, at times hectic, timed handover. Due to the sheer number of vehicles that have been flooding off the ships this month, Tesla wisely put into action alternative delivery plans which seem to have some teething problems.
What you can be sure of is that Tesla want the cars off the dock asap and delivered to you, without fail, by the end of the month.

Many thanks, that's very helpful.

Any updates on when the Glovis will sail for Southampton, or will the cars be transferred into other ships for the journey?
It currently shows arrival at Southampton for 07:00am Wednesday 18th - obviously this can change depending on when it leaves port at Zeebrugge and availability of dock at Southampton.

Edit: looks like a confliction of dock 104 with GRANDE SENEGAL which is due in at 05:30am

Any updates on when the Glovis will sail for Southampton, or will the cars be transferred into other ships for the journey?

No change from last night

It currently shows arrival at Southampton for 07:00am Wednesday 18th - obviously this can change depending on when it leaves port at Zeebrugge and availability of dock at Southampton.

Edit: looks like a confliction of dock 104 with GRANDE SENEGAL which is due in at 05:30am

My post 2963 describes this situation.

Reactions: Kevanojb and 94jdh
I would be very surprised if GLOVIS CAPTAIN leaves Zeebrugge without refuelling.
This process will take about 8-10 hours and is visible on your chosen AIS tracking site by the refuelling barge sitting alongside.
Since refuelling hasn't yet commenced I don't envisage the GLOVIS CAPTAIN leaving Zeebrugge early to arrive in Southampton tomorrow. See post 2963 why this was considered.

Southampton have just updated their port schedule and now has the GLOVIS CAPTAIN arriving on the morning of the 20th

Thanks as always. So presumably they start offloading pretty much immediately and putting them onto car transporters to go to delivery depots?

Realistically deliveries the week starting 23rd March I’m guessing?With everything that's going on not the end of the world...