Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X was also on the Safmarine Mafardi. Interestingly you have a delivery date of 6 April? Is this a lease order?

The date I was given was the earliest the car would arrive at the service centre (Leeds) not a delivery date. The Tesla guy said that I would be notified about delivery sometime in the two weeks before week commencing 6 April. Not sure that helps in determining when it might be shipped from Tilburg to the UK. It's not a lease order.

Ever the optimist me but I see Belgium is going into stricter lockdown tomorrow midday, similar to France, Spain, Italy etc.

With the Glovis Captain being delayed, for deliveries off that ship (me amongst others!) I suspect it is now a race here against whatever turns out to be collection day versus UK locking down further such that the Tesla delivery centres are closed and travel to them is prohibited anyway. Important to retain a sense of perspective I think, many are suffering far worse than my having a new car delayed for a bit.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong...

Ever the optimist me but I see Belgium is going into stricter lockdown tomorrow midday, similar to France, Spain, Italy etc.

With the Glovis Captain being delayed, for deliveries off that ship (me amongst others!) I suspect it is now a race here against whatever turns out to be collection day versus UK locking down further such that the Tesla delivery centres are closed and travel to them is prohibited anyway. Important to retain a sense of perspective I think, many are suffering far worse than my having a new car delayed for a bit.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong...
Glovis Captain isn't in Belgium anymore, she's anchored near Southampton.

The point being UK will probably follow suit very shortly
I see, I think the government do want businesses to continue to operate but with extreme caution. It looks like from some of the posts with collections today, they are doing individual handovers and taking further steps to reduce risks.

I've got a collection next week too so this may just be wishful thinking on my part.

I suspect it will all depend how the numbers pan out over the next few days and whether folk are seen to be heeding advice or whether stricter measures are needed. In the continental lockdowns people can still travel to work if working at home is not an option (assuming you don’t work somewhere that is specifically closed, cafes, shops, restaurants etc), but journeys outside of that are very restricted... to supermarkets, doctor, hospital only sort of thing. That’s what would stop collections probably for the duration of the restrictions.

If they get delayed even for the duration it wouldnt be a disaster as we'd have cars we cant use if the lock down becomes extreme. No point paying for something we can even drive...
Well I'm counting on mine this month for corporation tax write off.

I'm not saying I don't think the additional precautions and the safety of the workers should be compromised mind. If it gets worse with infections I perfectly understand a delay.

Last edited:
New clothing requirements for all car collections

Radiation_suit.png

Well I'm counting on mine this month for corporation tax write off.

I'm not saying I don't think the additional precautions and the safety of the workers should be compromised mind. If it gets worse with infections I perfectly understand a delay.

Me too but if worst comes to worst we still get the corp tax benefit next tax year (although I think it would be more useful this year...)

Reactions: J8JOE