Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does is it actually take from unloading ship to pick up point and wondering if its possible to pick up ASAP? Supposed to be picking mine up Wednesday ..
Got a suspicion that a complete lockdown will be in place before then and all non essential stores etc will be ordered to close .....
Transport is on the list of key workers so I would say service centres need to stay open, but more a grey area with regard to sales, for example, I work in a profession that is classed as critical and need a vehicle to carry out my job - I'm borrowing a car until mine arrives so if for any reason that arrangement became a problem I would need the replacement...tenuous and hopefully won't be an issue but I'm sure there will be other examples out there...

I’ve just secured an inventory car identical to my original order that got left in Fremont. I can’t explain how this car has a later VIN than my original order? Having been tracking Glovis Captain for a month in the belief my original order was aboard, it’s fulfilling to get a car that is actually on the same ship.
It’s for collection from Southampton, which I guess is the port? Anyone picked-up from the port?

Reactions: cockneyleek
Transport is on the list of key workers so I would say service centres need to stay open, but more a grey area with regard to sales, for example, I work in a profession that is classed as critical and need a vehicle to carry out my job - I'm borrowing a car until mine arrives so if for any reason that arrangement became a problem I would need the replacement...tenuous and hopefully won't be an issue but I'm sure there will be other examples out there...
How long does is it actually take from unloading ship to pick up point and wondering if its possible to pick up ASAP? Supposed to be picking mine up Wednesday ..
Got a suspicion that a complete lockdown will be in place before then and all non essential stores etc will be ordered to close .....

Well just had a call from Tesla about my pickup Wednesday ..Assured me if there is a closedown they will deliver all oustanding cars by person..

Reactions: Smog
if only I could just drive one off myself, I'll have to wait till june..
IMG_20200322_114801.jpg

Well just had a call from Tesla about my pickup Wednesday ..Assured me if there is a closedown they will deliver all oustanding cars by person..

I was told the same last week by one of managers whose info has been on the money in the past.
I hope mine ends up being delivered. I certainly won’t complain.

As I work for the ambulance service, and I’m currently careless, this is fantastic news. Role on Thursday

Can you see any Xs being unloaded?

Just spoke to Tesla again about my MX. A very helpful guy said that my car was in the UK at a "delivery hub" and it was en route to my service centre for delivery probably before the quarter end. That said, I have not received any information about delivery. I'm going to contact the SC to see what they know.

Hopefully your X will be in a similar position.

Just spoke to Tesla again about my MX. A very helpful guy said that my car was in the UK at a "delivery hub" and it was en route to my service centre for delivery probably before the quarter end. That said, I have not received any information about delivery. I'm going to contact the SC to see what they know.

Hopefully your X will be in a similar position.

Spoke with Tesla this afternoon. All they could tell me is that my X is in the logistics compound, but admitted they didn't know what this meant :( I think delivery by the 31 March which they indicated is looking more unlikely.