Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From
Where did you get that info from?
f
Where did you get that info from?

From Tesla 3 Facebook
Quote....
Tesla Direct just called me (expecting delivery today - text this morning saying business as usual).... car is cancelled. Due to them having no drivers they can’t deliver which I accept but the entire order is cancelled. Told me I need to place a new car order on the Tesla website.

Surely this can’t be right.... I have my leasing company looking into this.

So close!!!!

Just spoke to Tesla again about my MX. A very helpful guy said that my car was in the UK at a "delivery hub" and it was en route to my service centre for delivery probably before the quarter end. That said, I have not received any information about delivery. I'm going to contact the SC to see what they know.

Hopefully your X will be in a similar position.

Tesla have confirmed my X is in the compound waiting to be loaded onto a ship from Zeebrugge to Southampton. It's expected in the UK next week. Deliveries can be arranged for key workers, but they have offered to hold my X in their compound in Southampton until the current restrictions are removed. Does anybody know the precise location of Tesla's compound just outside Southampton?

No No...apparently Tesla are now cancelling our orders and saying we are having to re-order !!!!

Here in France (Tesla Europe so UK included), I specifically asked if orders will be cancelled. The answer is a definite 'No!'. If you have an assigned car it will stay that way and cars will be transferred into storage until deliveries can start again whereupon a new date will be assigned to you on your account.
For what it's worth, I'm guessing end April in France....

Tesla have confirmed my X is in the compound waiting to be loaded onto a ship from Zeebrugge to Southampton. It's expected in the UK next week. Deliveries can be arranged for key workers, but they have offered to hold my X in their compound in Southampton until the current restrictions are removed. Does anybody know the precise location of Tesla's compound just outside Southampton?

When the cars came off Brooklands earlier in the month they were being parked up where indicated below. But do Tesla have a dedicated compound in the docks area or is the plan just to get them off the ship and then on to transporters to delivery centres asap? No idea.

docks.jpg

Current restrictions are likely to be in force for several weeks I'd have thought. It's going to be a good 2 weeks minimum before any real assessment can be made of the change in infections/deaths, given the incubation period. I can't see the Govt relaxing these rules based on 1 week worth of data, especially if there is any sign at all that there is an improvement.

Current restrictions are likely to be in force for several weeks I'd have thought. It's going to be a good 2 weeks minimum before any real assessment can be made of the change in infections/deaths, given the incubation period. I can't see the Govt relaxing these rules based on 1 week worth of data, especially if there is any sign at all that there is an improvement.

They have said they will reassess in 3 weeks so I’d agree, no changes in the short term.

When the cars came off Brooklands earlier in the month they were being parked up where indicated below. But do Tesla have a dedicated compound in the docks area or is the plan just to get them off the ship and then on to transporters to delivery centres asap? No idea.

View attachment 525066

Cars are either placed on transporters to delivery centres or sent to one of three compounds in the UK. All they told me is there's one outside Southampton.

Reactions: Masklin
Cars are either placed on transporters to delivery centres or sent to one of three compounds in the UK. All they told me is there's one outside Southampton.

Within the greater dock area there’s some serious space available for car storage. I know the immediate area around Southampton fairly well and for the life of me can’t think of anywhere on the outskirts. Not to say there isn’t somewhere, just I can’t think of it!

Reactions: Mr.Maverick
Within the greater dock area there’s some serious space available for car storage. I know the immediate area around Southampton fairly well and for the life of me can’t think of anywhere on the outskirts. Not to say there isn’t somewhere, just I can’t think of it!

Logic would suggest its really close, therefore more than likely within the greater dock area as you suggested.