Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been told my M3 LR is in Southampton and will move to Newcastle soon and then I will be invited to collect. Far from sure that I should be travelling that sort of distance as I live in Derby. Perhaps those of us living in Derby/Nottingham should suggest Tesla deliver them all together this area
I can't believe how close we were to getting our cars, I knew it was on a knife edge and that impending lockdown was going to mess things up. It's just getting harder to get it sorted.

I can't believe they're still asking people to travel to go and collect them.

Think I am about to be told to pickup from Heathrow. Was Bristol. Just got the invoice showing a scheduled delivery date of this week.

So. A quick poll.

How many in the same situation are going to agree to collect this week and how many won't - either because of the risk of a good nicking at the hands of the constabulary or just because they feel it's a genuine risk to to others to do so even if contactless. And if it's a no from you, are you paying the invoice in the meantime or not? At this rate, Tesla may have an awful lot of unsold stock for the first time in their history.

Think I am about to be told to pickup from Heathrow. Was Bristol. Just got the invoice showing a scheduled delivery date of this week.

So. A quick poll.

How many in the same situation are going to agree to collect this week and how many won't - either because of the risk of a good nicking at the hands of the constabulary or just because they feel it's a genuine risk to to others to do so even if contactless. And if it's a no from you, are you paying the invoice in the meantime or not? At this rate, Tesla may have an awful lot of unsold stock for the first time in their history.

Give them a call and ask them if they can deliver it.

I was told over the phone this week that they were doing no more home deliveries and I would have to drive over 2 hours to collect. I explained that would be very difficult to justify in the current lockdown.

I then called back to see if the car could go to Leeds rather than Heathrow to at least save 50 miles of my journey. The person I spoke to this time advised he could just stick me on a list for home delivery.

This morning they called me and the car is being delivered this afternoon.

Give them a call and ask them if they can deliver it.

I was told over the phone this week that they were doing no more home deliveries and I would have to drive over 2 hours to collect. I explained that would be very difficult to justify in the current lockdown.

I then called back to see if the car could go to Leeds rather than Heathrow to at least save 50 miles of my journey. The person I spoke to this time advised he could just stick me on a list for home delivery.

This morning they called me and the car is being delivered this afternoon.

who did you call ?

Does this count as ‘shipping’?
FBBA946A-EDE5-4921-914B-A85018276E01.jpeg

The MAERSK OHIO arrives in Rotterdam on Monday. According to VedaPrime on Twitter, onboard are 16 V3 Superchargers. Currently under construction in Uden, NL is a new supercharging site where they will probably be installed.
I'm not aware of any other V3s being installed in Europe since Park Royal last December. The chargers are made in the Buffalo GF which is closed at the moment and so the planned European expansion of V3 installations will be slow.

It has been pointed out to me that the the San Francisco port schedule shows GLOVIS SPRING arriving at Pier 80 on 4 May.
I posted on 5 Apr that the GLOVIS SPRING was enroute to Pier 80 and was due to arrive there on 17 April, however on 7 April the visit was cancelled and I posted that the ship was now enroute to S Korea.
Nothing has changed, the GLOVIS SPRING remains enroute to S Korea.
At the time of writing the ship is passing south of Hawaii.
It will not be arriving at Pier 80 anytime soon.

The GLOVIS STELLA however is still on course for San Francisco.....

Stay safe.

Reactions: Roy W.
I doubt very much that GLOVIS STELLA will be EU bound, or bound for anywhere quite frankly.
The factory remains closed and the last I heard was it would remain so until 4 May.
This would mean no cars will have been produced for export.
I would have expected the ship to have been cancelled by now but perhaps the ship cancellation department are not at work at the moment.

I doubt very much that GLOVIS STELLA will be EU bound, or bound for anywhere quite frankly.
The factory remains closed and the last I heard was it would remain so until 4 May.
This would mean no cars will have been produced for export.
I would have expected the ship to have been cancelled by now but perhaps the ship cancellation department are not at work at the moment.
Jeez, the last 9 posts in this thread are from you with no reply. I've got nothing informative to add but just wanted you to know you're not alone and at least one person is still following your updates (long after receiving their car).

:cool: