Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will recall that the GLOVIS SUN had originally taken up residence in an anchorage in San Francisco Bay but then went to sea to drift for a week or so. Clearly, the ship has had enough drifting and is to return to its anchorage tomorrow. It was originally scheduled to arrive at Pier 80 on 10 July but this appears to have slipped to the 13th July now. To my mind this means that at least one ship will load at Pier 80 before GLOVIS SUN. There are quite a few candidates it could be however I'm still thinking GRAND PIONEER is the chosen one. My only concern with this choice is that the ship isn't big enough to be EU bound.
The elephant in the room however is the expotential rise in Covid -19 cases in California at the moment. We in the UK are sadly only too well aware of what happens if bold action is not taken early to stop the rise.....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and Mark S
You will recall that the GLOVIS SUN had originally taken up residence in an anchorage in San Francisco Bay but then went to sea to drift for a week or so. Clearly, the ship has had enough drifting and is to return to its anchorage tomorrow. It was originally scheduled to arrive at Pier 80 on 10 July but this appears to have slipped to the 13th July now. To my mind this means that at least one ship will load at Pier 80 before GLOVIS SUN. There are quite a few candidates it could be however I'm still thinking GRAND PIONEER is the chosen one. My only concern with this choice is that the ship isn't big enough to be EU bound.
The elephant in the room however is the expotential rise in Covid -19 cases in California at the moment. We in the UK are sadly only too well aware of what happens if bold action is not taken early to stop the rise.....

Looks ominous Mr M, possibly yet another poor quarter. I understand production still has not shifted to RHD in Freemont so a bit of a perfect storm brewing. My hopes of a Q3 delivery are not looking too bright thus far

Interesting my M3 I'm collecting tomorrow was built well before
Looks ominous Mr M, possibly yet another poor quarter. I understand production still has not shifted to RHD in Freemont so a bit of a perfect storm brewing. My hopes of a Q3 delivery are not looking too bright thus far
Ive been told by Tesla to expect my M3 RHD LR AWD in blue with 19inch sport wheels in August but wondering if that’s very likely then given these views? New to all this so quite interesting to hear all the views and predictions!

A little later than promised. Here's my list of potential Tesla-ships for Q3 (and Q4)

Glovis Sun
Grand Pioneer
Glovis Sonic
Glovis Sunrise
Glovis Comet
Glovis Star
Glovis Sigma
Glovis Stella
RCC America (Q4)
I see you have spotted RCC AMERICA! I suspect the same source as me since you feature GLOVIS SUNRISE too.
GLOVIS STAR might just make it at the end of August.
GLOVIS COMET is not on my list - I need to have a look at that one.
Have you noted the delay to GLOVIS SUN?