Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GRID.jpg
GRAND DAHLIA COMPETITION

Now that GRAND DAHLIA is on her way it seems a good time to start the 'Where is my xxxxing Tesla' competition for her.

All you have to do is to select which Gridsquare the GRAND DAHLIA will be in at Noon UTC on 9 Aug 20.
The rules are simple:
Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest gridsquare first will be declared the winner. (Top tip: Get in there first!)
Entries will close when GRAND DAHLIA enters the Panama Canal.
There is no prize, it's free - it's just bit of fun!

ENTER the competition

Just be aware that GRAND DAHLIA may not take the same route as GLOVIS SUN (there are alternatives), but then again, she might...

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
No I haven't but let's have a stab now....

GRAND DAHLIA Dep Pier 80 25 Jul Arr Zeebrugge 15 Aug
GLOVIS CAPTAIN Dep Pier 80 31 Jul Arr Zeebrugge 21 Aug.
GLOVIS SPLENDOR Dep Pier 80 6 Aug Arr Zeebrugge 27 Aug

Clearly this all comes with a big health warning!....

It seems a good time to update my estimates that I last gave on 16 Jul

GLOVIS SUN ETA Zeebrugge 5 Aug
GRAND DAHLIA ETA Zeebrugge 15 Aug
GLOVIS CAPTAIN ETA Zeebrugge 21 Aug
GLOVIS SPLENDOR ETA Zeebrugge 27 Aug

Mmmm haven't changed!

Time to search for the next ship after GLOVIS SPLENDOR .....

From Vedaprime’s site I’d say Model S / X are tracked:

APPLIES TO ALL TESLA MODELS TO AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND. (HONG KONG, MACAU

MODEL S/X TO MAINLAND EUROPE (DEP FROM HOUSTON) TBD)

Vedaprime Tesla Tracking

What makes you think it’s not?

I do track individual Model S/X to Europe. The export data is on a 10-14 day delay, so somewhere in the atlantic I normally pick up all the vin data. Once the cars leave the port in Europe, I can’t track individually at that point. That’s where the service differs to Australia where I get a bit further. At this stage, there are likely 1-2 ships on the way.

• Informative
Reactions: CPhoenix and DJP31
There are a number of ships that could follow the GLOVIS SPLENDOR especially those that may head to Asia but I am trying to identify the ship that may be the 5th ship to EU in Q3. On that basis, I'm keeping my eye on GLOVIS SUNLIGHT and GLOVIS STELLA.
In view of the fact that it will be at least 3 weeks before we know for sure I wouldn't put my money on them though...

The GRAND DAHLIA is making nearly 18 kts enroute to the Panama Canal. Looking at the weather, she will have a significant tailwind for a large portion of her trip and will also benefit from the California current which runs from North to South along the coast. She is still showing an ETA of 1 Aug but she will need a little more speed to achieve that by my calculations....