Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigma ray approaching Southampton at approximately 11:30 this morning.. couldn’t have timed our journey to Isle of White any better..the ship which carries my car

Attachments

• C6792B67-2E8D-4E14-863D-60408BF2402E.jpeg
    C6792B67-2E8D-4E14-863D-60408BF2402E.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 1BC289CA-40AD-421F-9E3C-DBFE6EC66020.jpeg
    1BC289CA-40AD-421F-9E3C-DBFE6EC66020.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1F4B3EB1-1C86-4C15-85C8-3F4331263FE4.jpeg
    1F4B3EB1-1C86-4C15-85C8-3F4331263FE4.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 077AFA26-C05C-4000-A86C-2E97EC24F877.jpeg
    077AFA26-C05C-4000-A86C-2E97EC24F877.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 55
Interesting that Platinum Ray is apparently heading to Teesport. I wonder whether they are dropping Northern Teslas up there (I know that my car was registered in Manchester but actually came from a prep centre in Carlisle) or it could be none Tesla related (maybe Nissans for export)

Interesting that Platinum Ray is apparently heading to Teesport. I wonder whether they are dropping Northern Teslas up there (I know that my car was registered in Manchester but actually came from a prep centre in Carlisle) or it could be none Tesla related (maybe Nissans for export)
She has finished with her Tesla job - she is heading for S Africa next once she has collected her cargo from a couple of European ports.

Only 2 ships of interest now….

GLOVIS SIGMA She departed Zeebrugge enroute to Southampton earlier this morning. She will go and anchor off the Isle of Wight until Thursday morning.
See my post #5568 about the concerns I have with her Southampton schedule - nothing has changed.

GLOVIS CLIPPER She continues to maintain a stately 16kts across the Atlantic. I will post the progress chart showing her midday position later today (I’m on the road at the moment) She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Wednesday night, which is easily achievable. According to the Zeebrugge port schedule she is due to depart at 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it would be on Friday 18 Sep. That said, at present she does not feature on the Southampton port schedule for the 18th or even 19th. If Tesla congestion in Southampton is the reason that is delaying the GLOVIS SIGMA unloading then I suspect we may see some delay to GLOVIS CLIPPER’s unloading too.

No, but they asked if I have scheduled registration date on which I could pick up the car. What does that mean? If I have scheduled date, I will get the car, otherwise I wont? :/
Yeh I'm not sure on that......although appreciate its in Germany so the process might vary. But in UK you get given a date (which hopefully doesnt change!) and the car is registered and you drive it away (Finance/Insurance permitting etc)............

Very odd :(

Yeah, here in Germany I have to order (make) licence plates, setup insurance, go to registration office and register my car (which I did not even see!), go to delivery center, give them licence plate and all the papers from insurance, registration, my driving licence, loan papers, etc... And then they put licence plates on car, and I can drive it. I have done almost all of that, and on 01.10.2020 is my first loan payment. For the car I will not have by then. :/

well for what it's worth, tesla confirmed platinum ray with car landed yesterday, i knew that! and I had a reg and vin last week, but they will not confirm the date of delivery, just a vague before the end of the month! Guess they are tesla'd to the max before end of Q but I think others already have their delivery date. ho hum.

My car is on the GLOVIS SIGMA and I just got my reg today and collect next week.

well for what it's worth, tesla confirmed platinum ray with car landed yesterday, i knew that! and I had a reg and vin last week, but they will not confirm the date of delivery, just a vague before the end of the month! Guess they are tesla'd to the max before end of Q but I think others already have their delivery date. ho hum.

I called Tesla NO, and they told me that the car has arrived in Europe and is now on way to Drammen by boat. Normally this boat use 3-4 days. And my estimated pickup of TM3LR is 28/9 in Drammen, but could also be earlier.
But I can't find any vessel that is on the way to Drammen from Zeebrugge.
My guess is that the car is still in Zeebrugge and is waiting for Spica Leader to pick it up.

GLOVIS SIGMA I think we have enough indications that she still has Tesla cargo onboard, therefore it's safe to assume the reason why she is not entering port is because of a lack of dock space to deposit her cargo.
Shame with 3 weeks transit to prepare nobody had the foresight to plan for this sure fire eventuality. It will not be cheap to keep a ship like this at anchor for 3 nights and GLOVIS CLIPPER will complete the train smash. Elon needs some new personnel.