Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. If my car is in the Sigma, I wouldn’t be surprised to get my delivery date pushed back. Time will tell.

I hope they give us at least a week's notice if this is the case, it'll be a bit of a bugger if my date is pushed back, but I'd guess it would only be for a couple or three days, so I'll still be on my annual leave (but with less time remaining to play with my Tesla!).

No idea what ship my car is (or was) on, but earliest date I could have picked up (in brum) is the 23rd...

Think I'll leave it up to the gods (Odin et al obviously) Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Stuart1714
So I’ve been told I’m due to collect my car on the 25th, but I have had zero contact from Tesla prior to this... no texts nor a selection of dates to choose from. No Reg... but looks as though those collecting around the same time as me have had this info. Is this normal

So I’ve been told I’m due to collect my car on the 25th, but I have had zero contact from Tesla prior to this... no texts nor a selection of dates to choose from. No Reg... but looks as though those collecting around the same time as me have had this info. Is this normal

I didn't get a choice of dates, but did get a "your appointment is due on the X reply yes to confirm or phone [number] to change". Then after changing to Y, I got a confirmation text. Then a few days later I got another "our appointment is confirmed for the Y reply yes to confirm or phone [number] to change" - the second text actually had an alternative name for the same SC - I'm guessing there are a couple of different systems that send out automated texts.

I wouldn't worry about it. Does your online account show the date you need/expect?

I didn't get a choice of dates, but did get a "your appointment is due on the X reply yes to confirm or phone [number] to change". Then after changing to Y, I got a confirmation text. Then a few days later I got another "our appointment is confirmed for the Y reply yes to confirm or phone [number] to change" - the second text actually had an alternative name for the same SC - I'm guessing there are a couple of different systems that send out automated texts.

I wouldn't worry about it. Does your online account show the date you need/expect?

Thankfully it does! I just find it odd that I’ve had no texts to confirm. But then kind of not surprised with the amount I’ve read about people having different stories!

If Tesla communicated, more than half the threads on this forum would not exist.
This thread, which is about ships by the way, was only started because people wanted to know where the hell their Tesla could be.
By seeing when ships were arriving folk could anticipate when Tesla may bestow upon them the honour of receiving a text.

I hope they give us at least a week's notice if this is the case, it'll be a bit of a bugger if my date is pushed back, but I'd guess it would only be for a couple or three days, so I'll still be on my annual leave (but with less time remaining to play with my Tesla!).

No idea what ship my car is (or was) on, but earliest date I could have picked up (in brum) is the 23rd...

Think I'll leave it up to the gods (Odin et al obviously) Fingers crossed!
I pick up from Brum 22nd. No change in delivery and as I be posted before I have been informed delivery to brum is 21st with collection 22nd. Car is on sigma. When I spoke to Tesla Friday they said all looks fine and I quote “We have all weeken to get it here” - suggests to me unload before Saturday ‍♂️

I pick up from Brum 22nd. No change in delivery and as I be posted before I have been informed delivery to brum is 21st with collection 22nd. Car is on sigma. When I spoke to Tesla Friday they said all looks fine and I quote “We have all weeken to get it here” - suggests to me unload before Saturday ‍♂️
The GLOVIS SIGMA is due alongside to unload on Thursday afternoon.
In the meantime, your car is bobbing up and down 5.5nm ESE of Ventnor after a pointless and expensive dash across the Atlantic.

If my name was Elon, I would be a very angry Elon.

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe
The GLOVIS SIGMA is due alongside to unload on Thursday afternoon.
In the meantime, your car is bobbing up and down 5.5nm ESE of Ventnor after a pointless and expensive dash across the Atlantic.

If my name was Elon, I would be a very angry Elon.
It is bad planning, but from my expectations not any different to when it left SFO. Estimate was 14/15 at ZEE and 16/17 at Southampton. I collect 22nd. As long as it is there undamaged I’m ok.
It must be costly though to be sat at anchor - I wonder how much?
Checking in on this page everyday has been excellent MrM. You provide some needed respite by taking the edge off of the frustration and wait. I have immense gratitude to you for using your own time to help strangers - thank you.

Reactions: ABCTG and PenfoldT

I ordered an inventory car on the 12th September so I haven’t got a clue which ship it may or may not have been on, it could be the Sigma.

I got a collection day yesterday via email of the 24th September in Stockport and, apart from the test drive, I haven’t spoken to a soul from Tesla. I’m not sure that Tesla have a “normal” process that everybody follows especially at the mad quarter end.

I’ve been lucky enough to have been in work and had only had two days leave since the start of April and will be off for a couple weeks starting next week, so it’s perfect timing for me.

I haven’t spoken to a soul from Tesla. I’m not sure that Tesla have a “normal” process that everybody follows especially at the mad quarter end.

I ordered from inventory on 6th Sept, so about the same time as you. Chap said it was on the Sigma. I've instigated all communication. Day 0 I had a "thanks for the order" email, then a "this is the process email". Day 1 I got a "your appointment is 23rd Sept at Heathrow" email. Nothing since. No text messages.

I worked through the tasks on the website, uploading documents and pics. I've had to call a few times, as that got screwed up (still is today), but if that all goes right, I don't expect there'd be any calls/texts until the very last minute, if at all.

If you've done all you need to on the website, I wouldn't worry too much.

Are you collecting from Birmingham?

It is bad planning, but from my expectations not any different to when it left SFO. Estimate was 14/15 at ZEE and 16/17 at Southampton. I collect 22nd. As long as it is there undamaged I’m ok.
It must be costly though to be sat at anchor - I wonder how much?
Checking in on this page everyday has been excellent MrM. You provide some needed respite by taking the edge off of the frustration and wait. I have immense gratitude to you for using your own time to help strangers - thank you.

It certainly isn't what I was expecting.... and until I have the car, I'd not call it a success either :)

Same with me! I ordered on 3 September and got a delivery appointment the next day. I had originally ordered a long range on custom order but ended up switching to a performance in inventory. My guess is they’re really trying to get the inventory cars out the door in time for when the new changes on the model 3 come out.