Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news this morning is that San Francisco Port schedule has been updated!
This schedule hasn't always proved 100% reliable - it's just a snapshot and it isn't updated as regularly as I would wish, and it's entries are often just placeholders.
Having said all that, it confirms that DONINGTON is no longer coming but crucially nothing has been scheduled to replace it.
It also shows a new addition to the schedule - GRAND AURORA due on 30 Oct.
I was very hopeful that she would appear, she was on my shortlist, and moreover she will arrive a few days earlier than I originally expected. At the moment I can't say where she is likely to be headed but I have found nothing to suggest it will be EU. I emphasise, at the moment, since there have been major changes to European RoRo schedules in the past week and it takes a little while for changes to port bookings to perculate down.
Another snippet - RCC ANTWERP will continue loading until at least Monday.

Any luck you're willing to expand your tracking knowledge to trains to Europe, Mr. Miserable? ;)
That is a great post - thank you.
I have looked at the rail link as a possible method but discounted it because it was expensive, required containerisation and a car handling facility (lots of real estate) in Europe. I don't see why the cars need that protection if they are being loaded into a container. They need to be in a container because there are two stops enroute which require transloading because of changes to the rail guage, and they have the facilities to do this efficiently for containers.
I need a train expert!

I've looked at the source page, both ExpectedVesselArrivalDate and VesselDepartureDate are null. It does mention the Neuss Delivery center in Germany as VrlName, no idea if that's useful.

I've also taken a look, and seems that the CountryOfOrigin is different for several of the cars mentioned, but the "TrtName" is "ICO FTZ Zeebrugge" for all of them. Some of them mention Drammen Norway, some Neuss (near Dusseldorf Germany), some France, some Malmo Sweden. I think these are unsold cars from other European, but all underway to Zeebrugge right now? Not sure what vessel or how to find out...

Also worth noting is that they are all long range all-wheel drive. No SR+ nor Performance.

Reactions: Runescom
Thanks
All very useful
ICO Zeebrugge is the handler at the port.
Neuss is an interesting discovery - I'm not sure of its significance.
Any sign of a voyage number? It would look something like GPX012 ie trigraph and 3 digits
No sign of a voyage number on the source page yet unfortunately.

I did make another discovery though; in the JSON on the page, there is a field called geoPoints. The value of that field are GPS coordinates. It's seems different for each car; "49.138858,2.794258" in France for example and "59.738694,10.230451" in Norway. For both of this examples, VrlName is set to Neuss in Germany.

So this not information about the Antwerp in SF ? sorry for newb question again :D Slight hope that my car is on the antwerp so I actually can get it in november
Clearly there are cars destined for Europe on RCC ANTWERP.
What is interesting is that we may have revealed today how Tesla plan to ship cars from China to Europe in the future.
When you get your VIN allocated, possibly in the the next week, if it starts 5YJ it will probably be onboard the RCC ANTWERP but if it begins LRW please let us know because you will have one of the first cars exported from China. And that will be BIG news!
It will also start a whole new era of trainspotting!

Reactions: Roy W.
ahaa, okay . And both 5YJ or LRW are "refresh" models ? or is this the beginning of the VIN so it could be both ?

I guess if the 10th digit is an "M" its the refresh ?

My order is updated anyway with new picture and here in norway they just had a pretty massive price cut due to currency.

ahaa, okay . And both 5YJ or LRW are "refresh" models ? or is this the beginning of the VIN so it could be both ?

I guess if the 10th digit is an "M" its the refresh ?

My order is updated anyway with new picture and here in norway they just had a pretty massive price cut due to currency.
I reckon anything being shipped now will be refreshed. The M signifies the 2021 model year. 5YJ = Tesla USA, LRW = Tesla China

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
So they might do transport from China to Europe via rail then ? probably faster than boat.
Thats if there is continous rail from China to Europe

Yes there is an established rail link. I thought it was just for container traffic though - so I'm researching this a bit more at the moment.
It does involve 2 stops where transhipment is required because of different rail guage in use in Russia.