Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's quite a scoop if it turns out to be true!
It is possible I suppose but we won't know for sure until she transits the Panama Canal on 12 Nov
I would estimate that the ship would arrive in Southampton on 23 Nov so the dates don't quite fit.
We had rumours of ships coming direct to Southampton last year but they never materialised.

I wouldn't be sure. It's possibly history repeating itself, not the first time someone reports that UK sales staff has said that a ship is coming straight to the UK. So I'll put that down in the "maybe box" with a big grain of salt.

Reactions: 512uk
If they have had a big influx of orders (the Top Gear section apparently generated a fair few!) they may offload in the UK if most of the shipment is for the UK and it's tight for Q end? Who knows though. Would a couple of days make much difference? Maybe it's to alleviate the pressure on the port at Zeb?

Received VIN numbers for x2 M3LR today (finally, ordered both on 18th Sept) and Tesla have confirmed both to be on GRAND AURORA.
I did try pressing them for the first port the ship will arrive at but they would not confirm if it was Southhampton or Zeebrugge :-/

Could make sense to deliver to Southampton first to relieve pressure from Zeebrugge?

Any ideas as to the identity of 'TBN'?
Your guess of RCC Amsterdam is good, but a little late for a 7th November arrival in SFO seeing as it's not even in port in San Diego,
I've combed all my sources with schedules through, and come up with nothing.
But just searching for Glovis ships along the west coast of Canada, USA & Mexico I found two interesting ships
- Glovis Summit: already is in Portland - easily reach SFO by Saturday
- Glovis Condor: Soon to arrive in Portland - Could possibly reach SFO too, but the ship has been in my sights before, and it never seems to deviate from what I expect is a set route.

Your guess of RCC Amsterdam is good, but a little late for a 7th November arrival in SFO seeing as it's not even in port in San Diego,
I've combed all my sources with schedules through, and come up with nothing.
But just searching for Glovis ships along the west coast of Canada, USA & Mexico I found two interesting ships
- Glovis Summit: already is in Portland - easily reach SFO by Saturday
- Glovis Condor: Soon to arrive in Portland - Could possibly reach SFO too, but the ship has been in my sights before, and it never seems to deviate from what I expect is a set route.
I still think RCC Amsterdam may pitch up next week prior to Glovis Crystal
I was aware of Glovis Condor but Glovis Summit might fit the bill.....
I'll do a delve on her
Thanks

(Last week I had convinced myself that ASIAN GLORY was likely to be TBN and would head back up north but when she headed for the canal......:eek:)

Reactions: MGrove
About 2 weeks ago GRAND DOLPHIN interupted her loading at Pier 80 for a quick visit to Benicia.
I put out some feelers to try and find out why - was it a repair? Was it to load something?
Better late than never, I have just received an answer - It was to unload 922 new Chevvy's & Buicks that are actuallly made in S Korea. They had a specific USA arrival date that had to be honored to fit in with GM's logistics.
Now we know...

The Antwerp has now slowed due to poor weather. According to Zeebrugee port arrivals she’s due at 05:00 UTC and departs at 22:00 UTC for Southampton, the longshoreman are going to have to work like mad to unload in only 17 hours!
upload_2020-11-5_22-31-20.jpeg

The Antwerp has now slowed due to poor weather. According to Zeebrugee port arrivals she’s due at 05:00 UTC and departs at 22:00 UTC for Southampton, the longshoreman are going to have to work like mad to unload in only 17 hours! View attachment 605677
That's not a delay in my book.
Marine Traffic has it as arriving @ 11:00 on 10th Nov - so I don't really see it as a delay.
Also do not trust arrival and departure time too much, they change. Especially departure is almost always way off.

• Disagree
Reactions: ajs117
Fair. But then your comment is not really giving any new information, but still giving the impression the ship isn't progressing along it's path like it should be. Also your departure assumption is likely to be wrong.

Well you’re the only one who misinterpreted it then. Plus I think Zeebrugge port know their own mooring schedule better than you do (the source of the timings: Ship arrivals | Port of Zeebrugge).

Well you’re the only one who misinterpreted it then. Plus I think Zeebrugge port know their own mooring schedule better than you do (the source of the timings: Ship arrivals | Port of Zeebrugge).
Those arrival and departure times are guidances, that's something Port of Zeebrugge, shipping companies, captains, tugboat operators and I all know. Two year of tracking Tesla-ships have taught me this and many other things.
I am the only one who commented on it, because what you are saying can be misinterpreted and because the hour is late. Too much information is sometimes not beneficial.
Good night.