Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the GLOVIS SUN she heads off to the Middle East with all sorts of European cars, vans, tractors, cranes and earth movers which she will pick up from Bremerhaven, Hamburg, Antwerp and Southampton. They are kept very busy.
Ah, that'll explain a lot then!
The crews going down with food poisoning and having to stop mid-Atlantic after eating raw rotten fish.

(You have to have been to Norway and been offerred (and tried) this stinking Norwegian delicacy!) ;)

Lived in Bergen for 5 years where the raw rotten fish (actually Lutefisk) was the traditional Christmas dinner for that area! It’s not truly raw, it’s hung up to dry for a few months outside then soaked in lye until it goes slimy.
Sorry, I know I’m wandering off topic but it is nearly Christmas and I won’t do it again!

Lived in Bergen for 5 years where the raw rotten fish (actually Lutefisk) was the traditional Christmas dinner for that area! It’s not truly raw, it’s hung up to dry for a few months outside then soaked in lye until it goes slimy.
Sorry, I know I’m wandering off topic but it is nearly Christmas and I won’t do it again!
"Tradition" over here is basically reenacting the dark ages.

Ah, that'll explain a lot then!
The crews going down with food poisoning and having to stop mid-Atlantic after eating raw rotten fish.

(You have to have been to Norway and been offerred (and tried) this stinking Norwegian delicacy!) ;)

You are all wrong. The Norwegian food is Grandiosa and Taco. It’s the Swedish that have the fish “Surströmning” that you die of the smell and they don’t have any oil. LOL.

You are all wrong. The Norwegian food is Grandiosa and Taco. It’s the Swedish that have the fish “Surströmning” that you die of the smell and they don’t have any oil. LOL.

Home - Grandiosa

grandiosa-original

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Nope. Other markets are very important too and a ship has never sailed straight to Norway before. I also don't believe that 2,000 of those onboard Glovis Sun are for Norway. I think that is an exaggeration or very bad guesstimate based anecdotal evidence. People that are hopeful and waiting for their Tesla cars always make up wild theories to make reality fit their train of thought - I've this seen many times.
After Zeebrugge, can't be ruled out though.
Glovis Sun will arrive in Zeebrugge first - I'm Santa if she doesn't. Merry Christmas.
Dear Santa, I'd like a new Tesla. A Model Y would be nice. I'd like mine white please.

I thought I'd put the 2020 Shipping totals up. It's a little early perhaps but it isn't going to change.
It puts the Q4 figures into perspective!
The RT numbers in italics are estimated. (1 x RT = 1966 Toyota)
I know @jbcarioca for one likes this sort of stuff!

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 22.06.57.png

How to use this info.
The RT figure gives you an idea of the capacity of a ship.
If you know the Tesla figures for Model 3 exports to EU in Q1, Q2 and Q3 you can calculate a ratio so you can approximate the Q4 figure.

Last edited: