Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, whether intentional or just willful negligence, the result is the same, both to the customer and in a court of law.

When I made my order on the day of the refresh announcement, Musk said “we are in production and deliveries start in February”. That was not a true statement. When I spoke to my SA in late February I was told my car would be delivered in March as initially promised. That didn’t happen. Then I was told April. That didn’t happen. Then June. Guess what? Didn’t happen...
What we have here could be negligence as you said. And then again, maybe not. We just do not know, as the lack of communication is just plain ridiculous. When Elon said that "we are in production", maybe he was truthful. It is quite possible that the delays are entirely out of Tesla's hands. If the manufacturer of the 19's had to close their factory due to covid, then negligence does not come into play. If he said that production is underway, yet neglectfully forgot to source the wheels, then they are responsible.

The problem that we have here, is that we are a unique group of people, dedicated and passionate about our upcoming purchases, and therefore, highly tolerant. If this is a common-place Toyota, Benz or some other car that was made for the masses, then there would have been serious consequences.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I originally was supposed to have my 2017 MS 100D returned in October 2020. I ordered a MS P100 and it was delayed. I really was hoping to wait for the refresh and my wish came through but with a few changes. First of all I had to downgrade to the LR which I wasn't happy because of the 40,000.00 increase in price. Now I have been forced into the waiting game that I'm not happy to be a part of. Every time I contact my SA he gives me the same cookie cutter shannigans after looking up my order. Im hoping Tesla offers the wheel upgrade at no charge if the 21 wheels deliver first. I will be a happy camper if that occurs.

Reactions: RobK
I originally was supposed to have my 2017 MS 100D returned in October 2020. I ordered a MS P100 and it was delayed. I really was hoping to wait for the refresh and my wish came through but with a few changes. First of all I had to downgrade to the LR which I wasn't happy because of the 40,000.00 increase in price. Now I have been forced into the waiting game that I'm not happy to be a part of. Every time I contact my SA he gives me the same cookie cutter shannigans after looking up my order. Im hoping Tesla offers the wheel upgrade at no charge if the 21 wheels deliver first. I will be a happy camper if that occurs.
Tesla does nothing that benefits the customer. Unfortunately they’re the epitome of a 21st century selfish big company who’s only out there to benefit themselves. I have yet to see selfless move on their part.

ba0e8057-33bb-40d7-9dfe-1f495812ff5a-jpeg.688238

My EDD (RN1152, LR/White/Cream/19") has been blank for almost a week now after shuffling back and worth between blank and October. I really think we will see a ton of LR 19" be delivered during August and I strongly doubt it'll take until after Q3 ends for everyone here to get their car.

Tesla does nothing that benefits the customer. Unfortunately they’re the epitome of a 21st century selfish big company who’s only out there to benefit themselves. I have yet to see selfless move on their part.

While the wait and lack of info is frustrating, that is an overstatement. Tesla has changed the world and is forcing the move to sustainable energy and transport. I would say that's pretty good and unselfish.

• Love
Reactions: T-Racer
While the wait and lack of info is frustrating, that is an overstatement. Tesla has changed the world and is forcing the move to sustainable energy and transport. I would say that's pretty good and unselfish.
They no doubt have a good product, never argued that, but they truly don’t give a damn about their customers. I have two orders and these are by far the worst car purchasing experiences I have ever had. 10-15 years down the road when supercharger network is open to all EVs, and other manufacturers catch up in tech, I’ll sure remember this experience when I’m in the market for a new vehicle and unless they take off the cement shoes in the customer service department, I’ll go elsewhere in a heart beat. I mean it took a week for the SA just to reach out via email with some copy pasta garbage. Car configurator baited me with June and switched to blank, list goes on, we won’t beat the dead horse.

They no doubt have a good product, never argued that, but they truly don’t give a damn about their customers. I have two orders and these are by far the worst car purchasing experiences I have ever had. 10-15 years down the road when supercharger network is open to all EVs, and other manufacturers catch up in tech, I’ll sure remember this experience when I’m in the market for a new vehicle and unless they take off the cement shoes in the customer service department, I’ll go elsewhere in a heart beat. I mean it took a week for the SA just to reach out via email with some copy pasta garbage. Car configurator baited me with June and switched to blank, list goes on, we won’t beat the dead horse.
Valid points and justifiable frustration. I am there with you. Painful. I am a current 2017 S owner and the buying experience for that car 4 years ago was great. This experience is awful in comparison. And I agree with you....when Lucid, Benz, and others begin to produce quality competition at scale, things will get much tougher for Tesla if they are still treating customers like this.

Just going to leave that right here….

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer

Just going to leave that right here….
Not the only company being crushed by global supply chain issues. Ordered a new Trek bike yesterday….300-day lead time due to parts shortages.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911