Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order shows August today also. After being blank for several weeks.
And here I am with my January order Blue/Cream/19s and a blank EDD for months and my SA telling me no idea when my car will come. When I said they’ll probably ship July orders before January because of the $5k price increase, his response was “Sigh, I think you’re right”. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Ramphex
And here I am with my January order Blue/Cream/19s and a blank EDD for months and my SA telling me no idea when my car will come. When I said they’ll probably ship July orders before January because of the $5k price increase, his response was “Sigh, I think you’re right”. Unbelievable.
Same configuration as yours. Other than delivery that didn't happen in still blank. No response from SA, she is usually very responsive

Reactions: Danlbrau
I don’t even have SA. After moving, I reached out to local shop, no response. Maybe it’s better. Still blank: Red, Cream, CF and the phantom 19”.
If I ordered through Tesla "corporate", is my "Tesla Advisor" my SA? Or is that someone at my local Tesla location that I'm supposed to know? I ordered mine online since there were none to test drive or anything.

Reactions: Ramphex
I don’t even have SA. After moving, I reached out to local shop, no response. Maybe it’s better. Still blank: Red, Cream, CF and the phantom 19”.
You’re probably better off, I’d rather get a “I don’t know” response than a load of crap to my face, also telling me to contact her via email if I want her to clear up any rumors or get any updates, and then she doesn’t answer the emails for weeks.
If I ordered through Tesla "corporate", is my "Tesla Advisor" my SA? Or is that someone at my local Tesla location that I'm supposed to know? I ordered mine online since there were none to test drive or anything.
Probably the same thing. All of the orders are technically done online, even if you go to their location all they do is fingapop the website for you and input your information, they legit don’t know anymore info than the Tesla site provides, they’re a joke lol

Reactions: deadwynter
You’re probably better off, I’d rather get a “I don’t know” response than a load of crap to my face, also telling me to contact her via email if I want her to clear up any rumors or get any updates, and then she doesn’t answer the emails for weeks.

Probably the same thing. All of the orders are technically done online, even if you go to their location all they do is fingapop the website for you and input your information, they legit don’t know anymore info than the Tesla site provides, they’re a joke lol
LOL! Well, that's good to know then! Thanks! Also, German Shepherds are awesome ;-) We have a shepherd mix!

• Love
Reactions: cwanja and Ramphex
This is what’s so infuriating. There is no configuration you can order today that states an estimated delivery later than September-October. But once you have made an order, the EDD goes blank or you’re told “November”. Classic bait and switch.
You have every right to be frustrated. However:

1. This is not a bait and switch.
2. You give the monkey too much credit. He doesn’t really care that much about getting a vehicle with a price increase (or FSD) out sooner.
3. Since when does anybody listen to what an SA said!

It’s a bait and switch 100%. Telling someone something, taking their money, then pretty much going back on your word, switching up dates and months, telling them to kick rocks and forfeit their $100 or wait as long as they feel like.

$100 cancellation from 1,000 different people is $100,000 free money. Genius.
Not a bait and switch. Crappy service, yes. Bait and switch, no. "Bait and switch" is a specific and legally defined behavior where a company advertises a product in such a manner as to lure you in (bait), then intentionally substituting it with either something inferior or more expensive (switch). Having production delays and not explaining a darn thing, or changing dates multiple times, is just really crappy customer service.

There has been some behavior on Tesla's part which could be construed as such, as when people put a $100 deposit down, then found out that their car was discontinued and a more expensive car was being substituted. However, even then, Tesla discontinued a product, which was clearly within their right. Anyone who wanted a refund got one. If they did not, that would be a bait and switch. People who wanted to move to a more expensive car got a discount. I guess one could argue that Tesla was unethically taking deposits on a car they knew was being discontinued. For anyone willing to fight it, with no clear damages, all I have to say is, good luck with that.

Not a bait and switch. Crappy service, yes. Bait and switch, no. "Bait and switch" is a specific and legally defined behavior where a company advertises a product in such a manner as to lure you in (bait), then intentionally substituting it with either something inferior or more expensive (switch). Having production delays and not explaining a darn thing, or changing dates multiple times, is just really crappy customer service.

There has been some behavior on Tesla's part which could be construed as such, as when people put a $100 deposit down, then found out that their car was discontinued and a more expensive car was being substituted. However, even then, Tesla discontinued a product, which was clearly within their right. Anyone who wanted a refund got one. If they did not, that would be a bait and switch. People who wanted to move to a more expensive car got a discount. I guess one could argue that Tesla was unethically taking deposits on a car they knew was being discontinued. For anyone willing to fight it, with no clear damages, all I have to say is, good luck with that.
What would you call advertising a car available with 19” wheels as no cost standard equipment, but then only delivering cars with $4,500 extra 21” wheels, forcing desperate buyers waiting for six months for their car to upgrade in order to get delivery?

What would you call advertising a car available with 19” wheels as no cost standard equipment, but then only delivering cars with $4,500 extra 21” wheels, forcing desperate buyers waiting for six months for their car to upgrade in order to get delivery?
I would call it exactly what it is: crappy customer service. Very crappy. One may even consider them negligently responsible, as they made promises, took money, followed by unexplained delays that could cause significant losses for some people. Some people sold cars and had other expenses while waiting for deliveries. If a group were to file a class action, Tesla would have a horrible time trying to defend themselves. This has been really stupid of Tesla. All they had to do was say "we are having a production issue with obtaining 19" wheels which has resulted in a delay." That would have ended all this nonsense.

Again, this all comes down to definitions. Forcing people to wait, and offering no explanation, is not a "bait and switch", which is, again, a legal definition. If they told you, after ordering 19's, that you can now ONLY get a car with 21" wheels, and now have to pay extra for it, that would be a bait and switch. Though, in this hypothetical situation, intent would still have to be determined. For example, it they always intended to deliver 19's, and are having production issues that ultimately led to delays, or worse, even cancellations, that would not be a bait and switch. They would be suspect, and would have to prove that this was due to circumstances beyond their control. If, OTOH, they allowed people to order 19's, yet never had the intention of delivering them, that is clearly a bait and switch.

I would call it exactly what it is: crappy customer service. Very crappy. One may even consider them negligently responsible, as they made promises, took money, followed by unexplained delays that could cause significant losses for some people. Some people sold cars and had other expenses while waiting for deliveries. If a group were to file a class action, Tesla would have a horrible time trying to defend themselves. This has been really stupid of Tesla. All they had to do was say "we are having a production issue with obtaining 19" wheels which has resulted in a delay." That would have ended all this nonsense.

Again, this all comes down to definitions. Forcing people to wait, and offering no explanation, is not a "bait and switch", which is, again, a legal definition. If they told you, after ordering 19's, that you can now ONLY get a car with 21" wheels, and now have to pay extra for it, that would be a bait and switch. Though, in this hypothetical situation, intent would still have to be determined. For example, it they always intended to deliver 19's, and are having production issues that ultimately led to delays, or worse, even cancellations, that would not be a bait and switch. They would be suspect, and would have to prove that this was due to circumstances beyond their control. If, OTOH, they allowed people to order 19's, yet never had the intention of delivering them, that is clearly a bait and switch.
I agree. It is not bait & switch but very poor communication strategy from Tesla corporate and the local Tesla store. The product sells by itself so they are not as motivated to be customer centric. I bet they would not even care if you cancel your order as there is such a huge pent-up demand (and order backlog) for their refreshed MS (LR) and Plaid.

Reactions: cwanja

Well, whether intentional or just willful negligence, the result is the same, both to the customer and in a court of law.

When I made my order on the day of the refresh announcement, Musk said “we are in production and deliveries start in February”. That was not a true statement. When I spoke to my SA in late February I was told my car would be delivered in March as initially promised. That didn’t happen. Then I was told April. That didn’t happen. Then June. Guess what? Didn’t happen.

My order was for the silver and black/gray Tempest wheels. That’s not going to happen. My only choice if I want to get my car anytime soon Is to get 21” wheels at an additional cost. And now if I change my original price won’t be honored. I have no option to wait for those original 19” wheels I ordered.

At the end of June, the website was showing a Plaid with 21” wheels would be delivered in June. Even if you ordered June 30. Hell, even into early July! I guess we differ on whether taking orders and non-refundable deposits on fraudulent or willfully negligent promises is bait and switch.

View attachment 686913

Went by Renton Tesla today and saw a few Refresh Model S examples in the lot. There is a blue mule that has been there for a few weeks (someone posted a pic a week or so ago). It does have the 19" dark color wheels on it. They look ok.. feel very plastic like though. Dont know what the story is on the mule as it looks like it has not moved in a while.

First time I’ve noticed and haven't seen another post that these are the Elect Pirelli series tires developed for the Porsche Toocan:

C94FB0A9-D90F-43DF-BFDC-045F0314D127.png

Reactions: T-Racer