Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, but did they tell you the bike would be delivered in August? Because that’s what would happen if Tesla made bikes.
My new fridge is taking 4 months to arrive. It may come earlier. They will update me if there is a change. Tesla will not...
Amazing, all it takes is one simple message. Instead, nada. Hey, I am fine waiting. It just makes sense to say something though

Reactions: Danlbrau
Cross-posting from the 2021 MSLR thread:

I REALLY hope this isn’t what’s under the aerocaps (even with a darker color):

90EC509E-A063-4154-88A1-1A77294B3DC9.jpeg

Someone on Twitter claims to have seen this at a SuC today near Oakland. Appears to be a Tesla employee in a test mule. Supposedly they had 3 aero caps on the other wheels, but they were the original lighter gray:

48752E72-90DD-46C2-A294-4FB5A7D816D2.jpeg

I think Zero G is the only good looking rim they have to offer lol. Conveniently enough I think 20 is the best rim size as well for the tire size to be in compliance of the overall wheel diameter and still provide enough rubber for medium size potholes, etc

Reactions: boskog
;) Cross-posting from the 2021 MSLR thread: I REALLY hope this isn’t what’s under the aerocaps (even with a darker color): View attachment 688907

Someone on Twitter claims to have seen this at a SuC today near Oakland. Appears to be a Tesla employee in a test mule.
Supposedly they had 3 aero caps on the other wheels, but they were the original lighter gray: View attachment 688908
The Tempest Wheels look okay, however, the new Zero-G wheels look stunning...
Tesla Parts Catalog reveals Zero-G wheel package coming soon to Model S Plaid

1627438638020.png
1627438671568.png

"If either the stock 19″ Tempest wheels or upgraded 21″ Arachnid wheels on the new Model S aren’t your style, it looks like you will soon have another official option from Tesla. According to the official Parts Catalog, the automaker will soon be selling staggered 20″ Zero-G wheels for the electric sedan. The new wheels were discovered by Zack (@BLKMDL3), who noted the massive 285/305 tires that come along with new wheels."

Looks like I found the unannounced track pack for Model S Plaid in the public parts catalog…. it is some wide Zero G wheels with 285 front/305 wide rear tires! I assume tires will be Michelin Cup2. Wheels are 20×10 in front and 20×11 in rear. This is gonna be nuts! @Tesla pic.twitter.com/2UzG7q4twS
— Zack (@BLKMDL3)
June 15, 2021

NOT A REAL PHOTO, *photoshop below*

Tried to edit the photo posted above to roughly match the color of the LR wheel covers showing on the tesla.com order page.

I'm thinking Gloss or Satin black matching the trim will look pretty good. Dark Gray will still be better than the std light silver. Still tough to tell until we see them in person.

View attachment 689548
If I knew how the 19s looked before I ordered I would have gone with the 21s but since I can’t now because of new pricing I’ll live with it

If I knew how the 19s looked before I ordered I would have gone with the 21s but since I can’t now because of new pricing I’ll live with it
Keep in mind, as unattractive as the 19s are, the 21s are not a good deal at all even without the price increase implications. You're paying $4500 and losing the 19" wheels. You could pay less and get a whole second set of 21" wheels in a style of your choosing and keep the 19s as winter wheels... That's the only reason I didn't opt for the 21s - they definitely look good but just aren't worth the premium in my opinion. I also don't know why Tesla's wheel styles always have such a "thick" outer rim - it makes the tires look super tall and takes away a lot of the aesthetic reason for upgrading to a larger wheel.

if Tesla only knew (or cared?) about how much revenue is being lost daily by not allowing people who ordered pre $5k increase, to upgrade to the $4500 arachnids for just..$4500.

Now admittedly I wouldnt do it. But based just on TMC forum? A LOT of people would pay the $4500 for faster delivery.

And I bet a lot of people NOT on the forum would have done so as well. But that would have required them knowing that 21's get you faster delivery. And them knowing would have required Tesla to actually communcate well.

And that..aint happening

Last edited:
Has anyone who had ordered a MS (LR) with 19" wheels got a EDD or VIN?
I had August date few weeks ago but now it is gone. Hoping that we will get firm date in August. I would love to get my car before the end of August so that we could take to it Verona, WI to see our son.

NOT A REAL PHOTO, *photoshop below*

Tried to edit the photo posted above to roughly match the color of the LR wheel covers showing on the tesla.com order page.

I'm thinking Gloss or Satin black matching the trim will look pretty good. Dark Gray will still be better than the std light silver. Still tough to tell until we see them in person.

View attachment 689548
Not bad at all. Worth powder coating, at the fraction of the cost of a 2nd set of wheels.

Reactions: T-Racer
Has anyone who had ordered a MS (LR) with 19" wheels got a EDD or VIN?
I had August date few weeks ago but now it is gone. Hoping that we will get firm date in August. I would love to get my car before the end of August so that we could take to it Verona, WI to see our son.
From the main thread:

@Pezpunk has an EDD of July (19" / white interior / black exterior / CF trim / RN1139)

@jbcarioca was told delivery would be between August 1-7 (no details other than it's Plaid order)

Neither has a VIN.

That's all I'm aware of.

The 21” are not worth it. My former MS P100D (lease just ended) had 21” wheels. I replaced my tires 9 times due to pot holes in 3 years of ownership. That’s $5000 almost worth of tires plus all the wheel alignments I had to do every time I hit a big pot hole. In addition, the 21” are more likely to get curb rash. I used touch up paint on them so many times. I am getting now the 19” and might upgrade to 20” from TSportline. 21” will cost a lot more to purchase, a lot more to maintain and they will reduce your range

I still have a blank EDD

From the main thread:

@Pezpunk has an EDD of July (19" / white interior / black exterior / CF trim / RN1139)

@jbcarioca was told delivery would be between August 1-7 (no details other than it's Plaid order)

Neither has a VIN.

That's all I'm aware of.
FWIW, I was to have had a VIN today. That did not happen. I remain hopeful, but I will be astonished if my 19" Plaid actually arrives next week. My calls and emails are not being answered, so that tells me it is even less likely to happen.

The 21” are not worth it. My former MS P100D (lease just ended) had 21” wheels. I replaced my tires 9 times due to pot holes in 3 years of ownership. That’s $5000 almost worth of tires plus all the wheel alignments I had to do every time I hit a big pot hole. In addition, the 21” are more likely to get curb rash. I used touch up paint on them so many times. I am getting now the 19” and might upgrade to 20” from TSportline. 21” will cost a lot more to purchase, a lot more to maintain and they will reduce your range

I still have a blank EDD
for NYC and most cities in the northeast? I totally get it.

But for those in areas with better roads, the 21's on the S arent bad at all. Had mine for about 2 years, zero issues. Then again, roads in Central/Southern VA arent nearly as bad as (for example) DC roads