Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new book just came out on Elon & apparently he is pretty upset about it therefore a big crackdown on leaks.

"First Half" is a pretty pointless timeframe considering they didn't even finish the car until the second week of June. Obviously the halo car from a niche EV manufacturer isn't selling as much as the highest volume vehicle in the country :rolleyes: What's your point?
The F-150 isn’t the highest volume vehicle this year. But my point is “selling them as fast as they can make them” isn’t an indication of how fast they are selling them. It’s an indication of how poorly they are doing trying to manufacture them. And those delays will absolutely result in less overall sales as people give up waiting. Offering something to long suffering customers isn’t a bad idea to keep them hanging on.

That’s only because they can’t figure out how to make them. Something like 2,800 units in the first half? Ford sold 362,000 F-150s in the first six months, chip shortage and all. More fell off the back of the car carriers than Tesla could deliver thru June.
This is exactly right. The problem all along has been that Tesla did not have its production line anywhere near where it should have been when they announced in January that the car was already in production and would begin being delivered in February.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I spoke to my sales advisor yesterday. He said that the 19” wheels and white interior will take few weeks as they have delays now. Mainly white interior is delayed as they started rolling out 19”. If these issues prolong maybe I will get my cyber truck first :).

On a positive note it’s weeks rather than months

Reactions: cwanja
In response to my status update on my car I received the following email from my SA yesterday:

" According to my factory report, it looks like you are assigned a Model S going into production soon and we are expecting to deliver it to you mid-October to mid-November. We have experience a delay, but this is the first time I have seen an order with a specific timeline from our factory so that is promising to me

I know you have waited a very long time, and I am sorry it has been such a wait but I hope to relay your assigned VIN in the near future 😊"

This is really disappointing to say the least. If this is factual then his points to some serious issues that Tesla is not sharing with us. Is Tesla still tinkering with the design of MS LR to make it "better"? Are there some major manufacturing issues? Are there some sourcing issues that goes behind the 19" wheels? Or a combination of these and more issues?

Elon had mentioned that they should be ramping up production to 2000 to 2500 Model S cars per week shortly. Apparently that has not happened.

As you may have seen Tesla has raised MS LR price again by $5,000 today. That is $10,000 since I placed my order on March 10, 2021. If there is a silver lining in this, our car has appreciated in value before we get it. This also indicates that there is a strong demand for MS LR and people are willing to wait. Good for Tesla but not good for people like us.

In response to my status update on my car I received the following email from my SA yesterday:

" According to my factory report, it looks like you are assigned a Model S going into production soon and we are expecting to deliver it to you mid-October to mid-November. We have experience a delay, but this is the first time I have seen an order with a specific timeline from our factory so that is promising to me

I know you have waited a very long time, and I am sorry it has been such a wait but I hope to relay your assigned VIN in the near future 😊"

This is really disappointing to say the least. If this is factual then his points to some serious issues that Tesla is not sharing with us. Is Tesla still tinkering with the design of MS LR to make it "better"? Are there some major manufacturing issues? Are there some sourcing issues that goes behind the 19" wheels? Or a combination of these and more issues?

Elon had mentioned that they should be ramping up production to 2000 to 2500 Model S cars per week shortly. Apparently that has not happened.

As you may have seen Tesla has raised MS LR price again by $5,000 today. That is $10,000 since I placed my order on March 10, 2021. If there is a silver lining in this, our car has appreciated in value before we get it. This also indicates that there is a strong demand for MS LR and people are willing to wait. Good for Tesla but not good for people like us.
Why would your car be produced "soon" and then sit for months? That is not how Tesla operates. It gets built, move to logistics and then delivered.

Reactions: boonedocks
A new book just came out on Elon & apparently he is pretty upset about it therefore a big crackdown on leaks.
where have I heard that before somewhere else? Hmmm

• Funny
Reactions: DG Tiger
Plaid/Blue/Cream(/Wood)/19". Per signature, I started to get an EDD at the end of last week, and it has been slipping day-for-day on the first date, but the end date doesn't move. mid/late Aug. Makes me think they are definitely prioritizing Plaid over LR. Not sure if there are production "issues" (what would be significantly different between Plaid and LR production?), or more likely some sort of very limited parts supply (common between the two models) and they are giving the parts to Plaid orders, maybe?

Plaid/Blue/Cream(/Wood)/19". Per signature, I started to get an EDD at the end of last week, and it has been slipping day-for-day on the first date, but the end date doesn't move. mid/late Aug. Makes me think they are definitely prioritizing Plaid over LR. Not sure if there are production "issues" (what would be significantly different between Plaid and LR production?), or more likely some sort of very limited parts supply (common between the two models) and they are giving the parts to Plaid orders, maybe?
Lots of 19" orders are being tracked in the second tab of this sheet - everyone, please add yours if you haven't already! Thanks.

Reactions: Issaction
This is crazy the price of MS LR has gone up again??? They really need to start delivering cars instead of bumping the price.
More details can be found here on the price increases and the delivery delays ... Tesla increases Model S price by another $5,000

"Tesla has increased the price of the base Model S by another $5,000 – making it a $10,000 base price increase in less than a month. Since the beginning of the year, we have been covering a seemingly continuous series of price increases throughout Tesla’s vehicle lineup. However, it has particularly affected Model 3 and Model Y vehicles since Tesla hasn’t been delivering Model S and Model X as the updated versions of the new electric vehicles were delayed.

In June, Tesla finally started deliveries of the new Model S – starting with the new Plaid top performance version, which also saw a $10,000 price increase last month. A few weeks later, as Tesla started delivering the new base version of the Model S, Model S Long Range, Tesla increased the price of the vehicle by $5,000. Today, Tesla updated its online configurator and again increased the price by $5,000.

The price went up from $84,990 to $89,990 overnight, and it now adds up to a $10,000 increase over the last month. That’s despite Tesla delivering a limited amount of the base version of the new Model S as it focuses on deliveries of the Plaid version, which still starts at $129,990. The automaker also recently updated the Model S delivery timelines for new orders and currently lists March-April for new orders for the Model S Long Range in the US."

This is crazy the price of MS LR has gone up again??? They really need to start delivering cars instead of bumping the price.
supply vs demand isnt crazy..its..business...
They cant keep up with the flood of orders constantly flowing in for S's...

Quite similiar to dealer markup for the Mach E's which also have large demand, per a neighbor who recently ordered and is expecting his Mach E in December

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
1628112777679.jpeg

Now that we are in August it’s time to repost this…

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD Blank (since mid May) Denver, CO

It's just very frustrating that this is a top of line car company that is pushing boundaries in ev tech and the limiting reactant are basic 19 inch wheels that need to be spray painted dark grey.
No one really knows the root cause of the delay and Tesla in it's infinite wisdom has chosen not to communicate to their customers. Over time this will chip away at their credibility.

I just got off the phone with Tesla Dublin, CA. My reservation is April 2021 its MS LR in white, black seats & 19nch wheels. I was given a date of Oct 1st week. As per him DO NOT make any changes to your configuration price will jump for sure.

I just got off the phone with Tesla Dublin, CA. My reservation is April 2021 its MS LR in white, black seats & 19nch wheels. I was given a date of Oct 1st week. As per him DO NOT make any changes to your configuration price will jump for sure.
Did he say what is the root cause of the delay? My SA gave me a date of mid October to mid November and I had placed my order on March 10.