Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! You might be the first one to get MS-LR with 19" wheels. Please post pictures and your impressions of the car.
I find that so hard to believe. I was scanning this and the other threads daily (every 15 minutes!) for months and months until about two weeks ago when I finally received my delivery date & appointment time, then I stopped. Decided to check in this morning with the expectation that I would be one of hundreds receiving their cars or already having received them. No?!?!? Wow, that's crazy. There's no way I was one of the first to order an LR w/19's. Makes me wonder if I am receiving one of those early models that sat our in the parking lot for months and months gathering dust.

Reactions: cwanja
I find that so hard to believe. I was scanning this and the other threads daily (every 15 minutes!) for months and months until about two weeks ago when I finally received my delivery date & appointment time, then I stopped. Decided to check in this morning with the expectation that I would be one of hundreds receiving their cars or already having received them. No?!?!? Wow, that's crazy. There's no way I was one of the first to order an LR w/19's. Makes me wonder if I am receiving one of those early models that sat our in the parking lot for months and months gathering dust.
@mattman32 The question of the millennium is, are your 19" tires summer or All Season? If All Season, please post a picture of of the complete sidewall! You would be the first on TMC!

Reactions: T-Racer

I would be very surprised if they would have reused the cars parked near the railway tracks gathering dust as MS - LR models. On the other hand I saw that most of those cars were gone in the recent Fremont Flyover video. These two many not be related.

I am sure you are going to get a brand new LR with all the enhancements and functionalities that MS-LR deserves. Best of luck!

Reactions: Danlbrau
I would be very surprised if they would have reused the cars parked near the railway tracks gathering dust as MS - LR models. On the other hand I saw that most of those cars were gone in the recent Fremont Flyover video. These two many not be related.

I am sure you are going to get a brand new LR with all the enhancements and functionalities that MS-LR deserves. Best of luck!
I saw that video and was so glad to hear my cars "Birth date" was 08/17/21". Was a little worried I would get one from the Forgottens!!!!

Reactions: RobK
Doubtful you are getting one of those cars. What’s your VIN? Anything after 435 is manufactured past the date those cars were made.

Reactions: T-Racer
Ok 8/14 we got a VIN (MF4397) and an updated delivery: August 21 - August 26

The next week the dates narrowed to 21-24 Late in the week it changed to 22-26.

On 8/21 (no car) range narrowed to 22-25.

8/22 morning received email from Portland OR SC telling us that we should expect delivery in a couple of days. At that time EDD was still 22-25. By that evening it changed to 8/23-8/26

On 8/23 ranged moved to August 24 - August 27 No more communication with SC, no car. We'll see if the ranged moves to 25-26 this evening or tomorrow.

We are taking delivery in Portland OR and I assume the car is still in route somewhere on I-5. Not sure how long it takes to finish predelivery inspection and last min stuff. And I know there are other cars that arrived before ours. Maybe by the end of the week? Not sure what Tesla gods we need to make sacrifices to but at this point I'm willing to give up the wife's cat to get this finally done. She is probably willing to do without me. One less person to share the car with. Ahhh too dark, too much information. Yes it's been hard waiting. The cat really doesn't give a @#$.

BTW I did finally go by the Porsche dealership (Sat) to get that out of the back of my mind. Probably why we got the SC message on Sun. Just was not impressed with anything. Display, rear storage was not very good. Trunk opening was really narrow (and small) like a M3. I actually wondered if grocery bags would stand up. $150k and only 250 miles I don't begrudge anyone going that route but it's not for me.

So if you're tired of waiting just go by your local Porsche dealer and ask a few questions. Tesla will call about your car within 24 hrs!

8/22 morning received email from Portland OR SC telling us that we should expect delivery in a couple of days. At that time EDD was still 22-25. By that evening it changed to 8/23-8/26

On 8/23 ranged moved to August 24 - August 27 No more communication with SC, no car. We'll see if the ranged moves to 25-26 this evening or tomorrow.

We are taking delivery in Portland OR and I assume the car is still in route somewhere on I-5. Not sure how long it takes to finish predelivery inspection and last min stuff. And I know there are other cars that arrived before ours. Maybe by the end of the week? Not sure what Tesla gods we need to make sacrifices to but at this point I'm willing to give up the wife's cat to get this finally done. She is probably willing to do without me. One less person to share the car with. Ahhh too dark, too much information. Yes it's been hard waiting. The cat really doesn't give a @#$.

BTW I did finally go by the Porsche dealership (Sat) to get that out of the back of my mind. Probably why we got the SC message on Sun. Just was not impressed with anything. Display, rear storage was not very good. Trunk opening was really narrow (and small) like a M3. I actually wondered if grocery bags would stand up. $150k and only 250 miles I don't begrudge anyone going that route but it's not for me.

So if you're tired of waiting just go by your local Porsche dealer and ask a few questions. Tesla will call about your car within 24 hrs!

My SC is the Portland location as well. Did you order a Plaid and when was your order date?

I'm driving an M3 now and can't wait to have a larger trunk. Been a few times when I've had to pick up items that would not be able to fit in the M3 trunk so I had to take my truck. 😭

Funny that you say that. I had a LR order since January and a Plaid since July 6 that came with a July EDD when I bought it(yeah, right). As August came and no EDD on either, I gave up on waiting for the Plaid and bought a Macan. Then, BOOM! And EDD the next day for my Plaid that was just two weeks out. Oh well, at least now I can wait for the LR and Tesla’s out the $50k upgrade due to a lack of communication and failure to meet their original delivery timeline.

Reactions: afarkas2222

I am curious - If you have a VIN but not taken possession of your car, can you track it on your Tesla APP?

I am curious - If you have a VIN but not taken possession of your car, can you track it on your Tesla APP?
E59698F2-3AB9-4481-9E97-79E29C6A2058.gif