Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 S Air Filter (Under Hood)15"x15" Element Part Number ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the part number for the refresh under hood air filter? I found the complete unit number 1750575-80-B but no element number. I get this dog poop smell right when the air starts blowing and it is coming from this filter. The under dash cabin filter doesn't make a difference but when I remove the under hood big one the smell stops. The under hood filter only has the following markings and I can't find any of these on the web? (1647254-00-A, CUK 39 007, made in Germany, 2021/02/03)

Tesla only sells the entire HEPA assembly - p/n 1750575-00-C - and not just the filter.

Had one delivered today by Mobile Service, in fact, to solve my smell issue.
You can buy the HEPA filter by itself, no need to buy whole assembly. Check the Tesla Parts Catalog. Parts Catalog
For pre2021+ the part number follows. I didn't check if it is different for new MS -- probably the same.

HEPA FILTER - MODEL S1059333-00-E

Order thru the APP -- Service, Other, Specify Parts Only, and give the part number and description.

You can buy the HEPA filter by itself, no need to buy whole assembly. Check the Tesla Parts Catalog. Parts Catalog
For pre2021+ the part number follows. I didn't check if it is different for new MS -- probably the same.

HEPA FILTER - MODEL S1059333-00-E

Order thru the APP -- Service, Other, Specify Parts Only, and give the part number and description.

The "filter only" for Palladium (mid-2021+) Model S is listed in the catalog, but out of stock pretty much everywhere. The full assembly is available.

And yes, the part is wildly different from pre-2021 to the Palladium filter. Palladium "filter only" is 1647254-00-A. Not easily obtainable by itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
The "filter only" for Palladium (mid-2021+) Model S is listed in the catalog, but out of stock pretty much everywhere. The full assembly is available.

And yes, the part is wildly different from pre-2021 to the Palladium filter. Palladium "filter only" is 1647254-00-A. Not easily obtainable by itself.
Since the recommended replacement is every 3 years, there probably isn't much demand yet, unless you are in an area with wildfires.

I guess after the first rain or car wash would be enough time for me to know. 🤣

In any case I have scheduled to have the new HEPA retrofit done 1/2/24

thank you!!

Well I've been through plenty of rain and a car wash or 2 since swapping the filter & cover -- including 4 inches of rain in ~24 hours on Monday -- and it still doesn't stink. So that's a positive, I guess.

Just don't know how long it takes for the filter to be wet before it generates The Stank™.

Reactions: boonedocks
Installed with extra weather stripping....... the $20 fix.....hopefully it works.
(FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter F360 For 2021+ Tesla Model S HEPA Intake)
IMG_3699.JPG