Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening all,

I have a couple of questions about the Tesla shipping process. I ordered my M3 STD+ at the beginning of April, a couple of weeks ago i had a text saying that i had been assigned a car, but no VIN information. On the order it shows at estimated delivery as May, but my delivery person tells me mid-June.

I am assuming that i will get the VIN at some point and the text about being assigned a car is a standard text that everyone gets when a car has been identified prior to it being put on a boat?

Also, thanks Mr Miserable for the really interesting thread here.

Simon
I'm in the same position as well. The wait is killing me but will be well worth it!

Reactions: Jez_GB and yfwt
I heard just now from my Tesla sales person that my Model 3 AWD LR / LHD, VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx, for delivery in London, is "on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June". Can anyone help with a suggestion as to which ship it's likely to be on?

I have received an invoice and a VIN with expected delivery between 26th of May to 7th of June. The final invoice says 2nd of June.
I think this timeframe may be too late for the LAKE FUXIAN and too early for a ship which loads after the GLOVIS CHORUS.
So probably it is the GLOVIS CHORUS which is leaving for Europe next?

Disclaimer: this is my first Tesla order, so I don't know how reliable those estimated dates are

I just got confirmation of my Model 3 LR LHD. The sales rep told me it would ship from Fremont on GLOVIS CHORUS. I just checked and GLOVIS CHORUS is at pier 80 for the moment, so that could be correct.
The car would arrive at the service centre on June 4th, delivery is scheduled on June 8th. I'm in Belgium and ordered the car on April 9th.

Some more info: according to the sales rep, the production date is April 24th. The Fremont cutoff production date for the heated steering wheel and the wood trim running over into the doors was March 31st, so this means my car should have it. However, the sales rep told me that the final confirmation would be upon inspection of the vehicle itself.
I also asked whether the car would have a pedestrian speaker installed. The sales rep confirmed that it would be installed. We'll see.

Reactions: G00NERJ and cpt_
I heard just now from my Tesla sales person that my Model 3 AWD LR / LHD, VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx, for delivery in London, is "on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June". Can anyone help with a suggestion as to which ship it's likely to be on?
BoatyMcBoatFace (according to the "experts" at Tesla )😂

Not at the moment...
With an arrival date of 10 June it probably hasn't left Shanghai yet.

• Funny
Reactions: MGrove
GLOVIS COSMOS continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic on her great circle course at around 17kts.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 9 May and is confirmed on the updated Zeebrugge Port Schedule.

GL COSMOS Atlantic Prog.png

LAKE FUXIAN is enjoying an uneventful voyage down the Pacific coast of Mexico.
She is presently about 200 NM northwest of Acapulco and maintaining an average speed of over 17 kts.
She is on schedule to arrive at the Pacific entrance of the Panama Canal on Saturday night (local)
The Zeebrugge port schedule has been updated and shows her arriving on 19 May. This was probably her originally planned ETA before the delays at Pier 80.
My ETA for her arrival in Zeebrugge remains around 21 May.

The LAKE FUXIAN competition is open - CLICK HERE to enter!

Lake Fuxion Pacific.png

GLOVIS CHORUS remains alongside Pier 80.
She is due to depart in the early hours of tomorrow morning (local)
I still don’t know her destination however the length of time it is taking to load would suggest Europe.
Additionally we have the post from @kvdl above which confirms this.
On that basis I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 27 May

GLORIOUS LEADER This ship is carrying Model 3’s to the UK from China and docked in Southampton’s Western Docks early this morning.

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to EU from Shanghai .
She is currently in the Mediterranean south east of Sicily of Crete making around 16kts.
The weather for her Mediterranean crossing looks fine.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 12 May

RCC Africa Med.png

GLOVIS SUN arrived off Singapore earlier today.
She will spend then next 8 or so hours refuelling.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

PRIME ACE is no longer on the watch list.

OCEANUS LEADER is now on the watch list. She left Shanghai yesterday enroute to Singapore.

LAKE GENEVA is finally making her approach into Shanghai and is on my watch list again. She is tipped to head to Zeebrugge

GLOVIS SIRIUS I am keeping my eye on this ship at the moment - Her AIS says she is heading to Zhengshou, China which I find hard to believe.

Mr Miserable, our SA also said earlier this week that our LR LHD would arrive on the 28th of May in Zeebrugge (she did not specify which ship though).

Seems that Glovis Chorus is a strong candidate! Eagerly await now her departure and confirmation of destination.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Mr Miserable, it makes the waiting even more exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.