Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long between docking and cars being available for collection (from Glasgow for example)?

Couple of weeks?
Mine was on PAGNA which docked last Thursday and I picked it up today 6 days later in Glasgow. It I suppose it’ll all depend on transporter availability and how many cars are getting delivered.

5 cars were getting picked up this morning at 10am and they looked like they had quite a few more to do going by the parking lot.

Reactions: Milhooz
Thats good to know as that ship is loading as we speak, I think my car might be on it for a 3rd week September delivery !
I placed my order for a LR model 3 about 4/5 weeks ago and was told by Tesla that likely delivery time is Sept. However, I know there's not much to go by on being told from Tesla and I still haven't received my VIN yet so will try chasing for that. Question is, is Sept a likely delivery for me?

Reactions: moodel_tree
GRAND RUBY, currently loading in Shanghai has posted a rather ambitious ETA for Suez of 5 Sep.
That means she could arrive in Southampton on 14 Sep if that were her destination.
We'll see how long she spends loading....
Good Morning @Mr Miserable, here are "my 2 cents" ...

Grand Ruby and Elektra were named as Tesla ships by the German service. I still have two ships in mind after the Grand Ruby,
the Glovis Splendor (on Franco M.'s list and has been in the waiting area in front of SHG since a few days).
The last ship could be the Tannhauser, leaves SHG on 24.08 --> Zeebrugge 23.09.

Greetings from the TFF Forum, Germany

I placed my order for a LR model 3 about 4/5 weeks ago and was told by Tesla that likely delivery time is Sept. However, I know there's not much to go by on being told from Tesla and I still haven't received my VIN yet so will try chasing for that. Question is, is Sept a likely delivery for me?
Tesla may build great cars but when it comes to communication they more at Trabant level! I can’t get a straight answer out of the Leeds location. To be honest they don’t seem very interested but that maybe because delivery from there isn’t an option. The latest response was ”there’s no news and if it goes beyond your part exchange deadline then we’ll have to revalue it.” That’s super helpful!!!

Reactions: moodel_tree
It
Tesla may build great cars but when it comes to communication they more at Trabant level! I can’t get a straight answer out of the Leeds location. To be honest they don’t seem very interested but that maybe because delivery from there isn’t an option. The latest response was ”there’s no news and if it goes beyond your part exchange deadline then we’ll have to revalue it.” That’s super helpful!!!
Its called “The Tesla Way” it’s very much take it or leave it. Communication from them is very much not part of the Tesla experience😡
Although I think the response regarding your p/x is what you would get from any other car company.

Reactions: Milhooz
It

Its called “The Tesla Way” it’s very much take it or leave it. Communication from them is very much not part of the Tesla experience😡
Although I think the response regarding your p/x is what you would get from any other car company.
I should have grabbed an inventory car at the end of July. There were a few to my spec. That would probably have arrived early September. Not sure why I've no match still - 6 weeks after ordering.

I should have grabbed an inventory car at the end of July. There were a few to my spec. That would probably have arrived early September. Not sure why I've no match still - 6 weeks after ordering.
In the same boat as you, have nothing assigned to me yet even though I put an order in for a Black LR on the same day as you. Everytime I ask them over the phone or on the online chat they just come back with "we're still assigning cars but you're still good for a September delivery".

Can I refer you to the very first post on this thread and the first paragraph?

In the same boat as you, have nothing assigned to me yet even though I put an order in for a Black LR on the same day as you. Everytime I ask them over the phone or on the online chat they just come back with "we're still assigning cars but you're still good for a September delivery".
Same here, orderded 5 weeks ago, M3LR, Black, Aero wheels. Just spoke to someone on chat and they said it is going to be end of September and that we will be allocated a VIN when the vehicle has been loaded for shipping. She said the VIN should be allocated about 3 weeks before our collection date.

Good Morning @Mr Miserable, here are "my 2 cents" ...

Grand Ruby and Elektra were named as Tesla ships by the German service. I still have two ships in mind after the Grand Ruby,
the Glovis Splendor (on Franco M.'s list and has been in the waiting area in front of SHG since a few days).
The last ship could be the Tannhauser, leaves SHG on 24.08 --> Zeebrugge 23.09.

Greetings from the TFF Forum, Germany
I am pretty sure GRAND RUBY is a Tesla ship.

I can't yet decide whether ELEKTRA has replaced GLOVIS SPLENDOR.
GLOVIS SPLENDOR has been languishing off the coast of Shanghai for a couple of weeks now. She was originally scheduled for a Middle East run from Bremerhaven commencing on 16 Sep but that changed to a run to South Africa commencing 15 Sep from Teesport. I have just checked and she is still showing for this schedule and so it appears we may expect her to do a very fast run to Europe imminently. I suspect she will be the final ship of Q3. She needs to be loading by the end of the week though and will need to transit at max speed with no delays.

I don't think TANNHAUSER is a likely candidate as she is now showing as departing on 24 Aug (it was originally 16th) and arriving in Zeebrugge on 24 Sep. She is a big ship and the chances of delivering all those cars by quarter end are even beyond Tesla's logistical capabilities. If she was a Tesla ship I'm pretty sure Tesla would pay for a much faster transit.

HOEGH OSAKA is likewise not on my list.

Last edited:
Reactions: nova56
OK so made some progress by calling the Tesla call centre after a disturbing online chat! But the sort of progress where the ship leaves Shanghai and turns north!

So there are "100% certain of delivery during September" and "actually should be mid September". This fills me with confidence, of course 🤔.

Was told the last ship for September delivery was due to leave today or tomorrow. I guess that makes sense given the transit times. Not sure whether that is factual information or just a guess from previous quarters shipping.

Then the bad news. I'm told that you can't trade in against business contract hire and they don't know why I was told it was possible. Although the guy then said he'd had the same conversation with someone a few minutes before. I'm guessing some SAs weren't listening during training. This now leaves me having to get rid of my car myself. Not a big deal - Motorway have offered a few pounds more than Tesla but need to accept offer by 27 August. Value is only going to drop if I wait till September with new registrations. So looks like I'll be without a car for an unspecified time.

Status
Not open for further replies.