Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1.1 is now rolling out globally.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a bug that many are experiencing -- see this thread:

Thanks for the redirect,

glad to know it's just visual bug mostly. Not concerned as long as it's still properly connected to the servers.

Barcode sticker on front of car when it was delivered. My car was born on June 2.
You can also contact Tesla and they can tell you the date.
Sorry, I'm slow today. Was there some sticker on the car at delivery, i.e. a sticker that gets removed? Am I understanding correct? Because if that's the case it was already removed by the time we got the car. Or is it a sticker under the "hood" or something (not that I recall seeing one there). The Tesla guy said at delivery that the car was born on the 5th, but it was also May, so I wasn't sure if he was saying 5th month or 5th of May. Maybe if I'm bored, I'll reach out to Tesla to find out - not a big deal either way.

Sorry, I'm slow today. Was there some sticker on the car at delivery, i.e. a sticker that gets removed? Am I understanding correct? Because if that's the case it was already removed by the time we got the car. Or is it a sticker under the "hood" or something (not that I recall seeing one there). The Tesla guy said at delivery that the car was born on the 5th, but it was also May, so I wasn't sure if he was saying 5th month or 5th of May. Maybe if I'm bored, I'll reach out to Tesla to find out - not a big deal either way.
When the cars are delivered, there is a QR code sticker on the driver side of the windshield. On the sticker it gives the date the car was manufactured. This sticker is removed prior to delivery.

I updated to this version last night. I am located in Texas.
Also in Texas. Got MYLR 05/13. First update was to 16.1.1 last night. Haven't tried to drive it since. 3,800 miles so far with phantom braking 5 to 10 times per mile. Hasn't made it undrivable, just unpleasant. Autopilot and cruise control pretty much unusable. Hope 16.1.1 helps that. Running A/C seems to increase energy usage at about a 30 mph rate, e.g., 100 mile 2 hour trip with A/C uses 160 miles of range then recharge - is that typical?

There’s discussion in the Y forum about someone losing the ability to toggle on/off the rear vent in the ‘rear’ climate tab. Can anyone confirm whether they still have the ability to control the rear vent with 2022.16.x? Asking for an 8 lb dog who isn’t heavy enough to activate the backseat weight sensor.

I just received the 2022.16.1.2 update on my 2012 Signature with MCU2 upgrade installed.
The center stack (MCU) screen has the Release Notes "stuck" displayed, and it just shows the last update - no scrolling up or down to see prior updates.
I cannot get it to close. There is no "X" in the window.
I can toggle between all the options screens, and access those options within, but when I close them, the Release Notes is still there.
I did a re-boot.
I put the car in reverse (rear camera came on) and drive, but that did not "toggle" the screen off either.
When I look at the S/W screen, it states that it is up to date...as of March 17, 2022, and will not open the Release Notes. Obviously a few updates have happen since March.

Any ideas?
I will be opening a ticket and we will see how long that takes to get acknowledged and resolved.

OK - Resolved.
The dual scroll-wheel re-boot did not work.
But, the 4-finger (both scroll-wheels, and the buttons above them), plus brake pedal did work! [I had forgotten about the 4-finger method!]

Last edited:
The vehicles surrounding your vehicle in the "Full Self Driving Preview" are completely different after updating to 2022.16.1.1, they're now much more detailed, and they even show a little dot on vehicles with a large antenna or a LiDar camera (like a Waymo)

Anyone notice this version, including 2022.16.1.2 the EV routing calculation has been not as accurate when it comes to % when reaching the SC and destination? Not sure if it is a coincidence with me changing tires from Michelin Primacy MX to Continental DWS06 Plus or the update, both occurred at the same date, but the range calc seems a bit off.

Anyone notice this version, including 2022.16.1.2 the EV routing calculation has been not as accurate when it comes to % when reaching the SC and destination? Not sure if it is a coincidence with me changing tires from Michelin Primacy MX to Continental DWS06 Plus or the update, both occurred at the same date, but the range calc seems a bit off.
We just took our first road trip in our Model 3 SR+ and definitely noticed how inaccurate the the range indicator was. For example we dropped from 197 to 59 miles on the range yet we realistically drove about 85 miles. This is averaging 75MPH on the interstate in Texas. I knew beforehand it would be inaccurate though. Still on 2022.12.3.2.