Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I'm interested in this too. It is much needed as there are so many temporary limits on motorways these days!

One question I have around this is should the speed when using autopilot adjust when the speed limit changes? As my car recognises the new speed limit on normal roads but won't drop down the speed accordingly. For example if Im on autopilot doing 70mph in a 70 zone and then the speed limit changes to 50mph the car recognises it but the "Max" speed I have set still stays the same (e.g. 73 Mph). Is this expected or do I have a setting wrong somewhere as I would like it to slow down itself in those instances?
If you've set AP to start at the speed limit then it will follow it, if you have it set to current speed it will not.

If you've set AP to start at the speed limit then it will follow it, if you have it set to current speed it will not.
I've had AP set to start at the current speed limit since day 1, but I often use long press on the stalk to set it to the speed limit. When I first got the car it would often change speed at speed limit changes, but the last couple of months I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour at all, even when I've been trying.

It'll be interesting to see if Speed Assist AutoPilot Improvements means it will detect temporary limits on motorways. The release notes say it's for UK only and "This improves the accuracy of speed limit data on local roads and highways in select countries."

I did a long run on 16.3 today (~350 miles) and the car noticed a couple of temporary 50mph limits in roadworks (first set at the start, the second set at the first repeater), but did not recognise limits displayed on the older style matrix displays.

So hit and miss on that version but better than previous ones, I'll be interested to see how 2022.20 does.

I've had AP set to start at the current speed limit since day 1, but I often use long press on the stalk to set it to the speed limit. When I first got the car it would often change speed at speed limit changes, but the last couple of months I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour at all, even when I've been trying.
I tried the long press on the stalk to set the new speed limit and it does work! It was a bit too drastic, it broke too quickly from 70 down to 50, but it did work at least. Thanks for the tip.

I tried the long press on the stalk to set the new speed limit and it does work! It was a bit too drastic, it broke too quickly from 70 down to 50, but it did work at least. Thanks for the tip.
Yup, it's supposed to be equivalent to tapping the speed limit sign on the touch screen, but is more convenient (IMO). You can also use a long press to engage TACC at the speed limit. It is documented in the manual now, although maybe it wasn't originally.

BTW, I meant to write: I've had AP set to engage at the current speed since day 1, but I often use long press on the stalk to set it to the speed limit.

Anyway, for whatever reason, TACC/autosteer no longer updates the set speed for me on speed limit changes. I may try changing the settings back to have it engage at the speed limit, just as an experiment.

AP picked up a speed limit change on an overhead gantry today.. was impressed as those must be the hardest to do (well, displayed it, it never actually acts on it for me).

It also accelerated into a space for a lane change, which I've never seen it do before.. seems more confident - doing lane changes even if a car is approaching from behind (sometimes a little too confident.. a couple of times I wouldn't have gone ahead..)

I'm not convinced the attentiveness camera is doing anything, but maybe it just didn't work with my sunglasses.

AP picked up a speed limit change on an overhead gantry today.. was impressed as those must be the hardest to do (well, displayed it, it never actually acts on it for me).

It also accelerated into a space for a lane change, which I've never seen it do before.. seems more confident - doing lane changes even if a car is approaching from behind (sometimes a little too confident.. a couple of times I wouldn't have gone ahead..)

I'm not convinced the attentiveness camera is doing anything, but maybe it just didn't work with my sunglasses.
The internal camera wasn’t mentioned in my release notes but is mentioned in data sharing. doubt we’ll notice a difference

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt

Just noticed, cabin camera is S & X only

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
No cabin camera on my release notes so I guess that means I don’t have the IR blasters on my 2022 car…

FA58738A-2397-44A4-8FDC-24F1D5A6E478.jpeg

I thought the software to enable this on the M3 and MY had already been pushed out? Initially it was in the US but that was 6+ months ago but I recall there being further early this year for other countries.

Reactions: Adopado