Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only play a couple of games on the Nintendo Switch and don’t have Steam, but I guess those of you who want to play Steam games in your car but don’t have the proper hardware should just get a Steam Deck?

I agree with this too, but....

Its just one of those things where people will say "they have it so I want it", or "he promised us" or some such stuff.

I figured out one way to open the new "cards," namely, play some music, then tap the little note icon that appears to the left of the other launch icons. That brings up a card for the tune, and you can swipe left to see the tire pressures and odometer cards.

Is there a more straightforward way to bring up the latter two cards?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 7.08.21 AM.jpg

Would be nice to see the update. The Blue Bunny just got 2022.44.2 a few days ago. Went through like something through a goose.
On the other hand, The Good Ship Venus has been stuck on the download at 26% for 7 days per the app. But the car has no knowledge of it. Lots of data issues, hopefully to be sorted on 20 Dec. by the Dallas Service Center. They've pushed me back thrice, claiming they are buried and want to work on "others' safety issues" first.
I have no use for more games or Apple Music or the rest of that stuff, but it would be nice to be able to connect to the car in less than 15 minutes.

The storms got me yesterday. I lost a venerable Live Oak tree, part of which got The Blue Bunny. So I will be seeing the Tesla Body Shop after 1 Jan.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OxBrew
I have a thread in the model 3 subforum right now where Teslascope is saying model 3/Y wont ever get steam because they dont have a ryzen processor with a discrete CPU.

I agree with @buddhafree that we need to wait, but it I tend to think that Model 3 / Y will not get it, since even some model S/X with ryzen processors are not getting it right now (and there is a thread in the model S subforum right now complaining that its only 2022 Feb+ model S / X

There's no Ryzen platform with a discrete GPU - Tesla started using RDNA2 based APUs in 2021, which is just fancy branding for a CPU with (fairly powerful in the case of RDNA2 architecture) integrated graphics.

The primary difference between 3/Y and S/X Ryzen vehicles is the amount of RAM - 8GB in 3/Y, 16GB in S/X. Steam could theoretically come to Ryzen 3/Y models, but performance would be significantly worse than in the S/X because APUs use a single pool of RAM - there's no dedicated video memory. They likely elected not to roll this out to 3/Y for this reason.

I have a Feb 2022 MSLR. How to tell if your S has 16GB DDR RAM needed for Steam ... go to software tab in your car and click Additional Vehicle Information. My car supports it. I downloaded Steam and created an account. This is for gamers and disables the car (of course) when active. I'm not a gamer so this isn't for me. I'll uninstall.
Screenshot_20221214_080436_Gallery.jpg
20221214_075821.jpg

Yes, a subscription is required after a 30 day trial. Tesla In-Vehicle Garage Control with myQ | myQ
What a shame to require $45 a year simply to send a command from Tesla. I use MyQ with Homeassistant combined with Teslamate. Automatic garage opening when I come home. I mounted a small NFC tag in the car that I tap with my phone to tell Homeassistant to close the door. No subscription required.

I have a Feb 2022 MSLR. How to tell if your S has 16GB DDR RAM needed for Steam ... go to software tab in your car and click Additional Vehicle Information. My car supports it. I downloaded Steam and created an account. This is for gamers and disables the car (of course) when active. I'm not a gamer so this isn't for me. I'll uninstall.View attachment 884933View attachment 884934
2022 MXP built Jan 22 running FSD BETA. I know we dont get the holiday update but wondering if i have the capability for steam since I don't show the "Infotainment RAM". Everything else shows the same as pic above. I also don't have the swiveling screen.

2022 MXP built Jan 22 running FSD BETA. I know we dont get the holiday update but wondering if i have the capability for steam since I don't show the "Infotainment RAM". Everything else shows the same as pic above. I also don't have the swiveling screen.
I don't know about MXP. I did read somewhere that 16GB RAM was put in 2022+ MS. Unless your a gamer or have kids you won't miss it. Also, the Gamez aren't free, I saw one game for $40.