Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this thread with interest for a few weeks, but only just signed up.

Second time Tesla owner, currently with a 2019 M3P (so have been through this before), ordered a MYLR on 18/3 (still not 100% sure I've made the right decision, but hoping I have).

Very interesting getting back into tracking shipping movements again, and looking forward to seeing if RCC America proves fruitful.

My question is about EDD's, as some people seem to have a specific date range (like me), some are saying they just have a month e.g. August. Is there any rhyme or reason to this, and is it reasonable to assume Tesla wont keep updating them now until they know the production situation with Giga Shanghai, and can provide some accuracy?

I started with May 08-Jun 05, went down to May 09-May 23, and now back up to May 13-Jun 09 since 1st April.

I'm realistically not expecting anything until June/July now the way things are looking (unless they have some cars already built and ready to ship), which gives me two potential issues. 1) My trade-in value will expire. What are peoples experiences with Tesla revising trade-ins? 2) My current Tesla PCP ends in August so if it looks like delays could go that far, I will need to start thinking about paying off the balloon.
That's a good point...if it goes much longer and delivery is delayed past your finance expiry (with Tesla) where does that leave you? I will be on the situ in September, can't say I have a spare £20k kicking around to pay off balloon payment, hence the refinance to a new car

That's a good point...if it goes much longer and delivery is delayed past your finance expiry (with Tesla) where does that leave you? I will be on the situ in September, can't say I have a spare £20k kicking around to pay off balloon payment, hence the refinance to a new car
You would be best to sell the car as I would imagine you'd have equity

And then with temporary funds by a cheaper runner (that's what I'm currently doing I bought a car for £1500 after selling mine)

I'm really hoping these don't delay too hard, I can't take 6 months of this old scrapper I'm in lol

• Funny
Reactions: RPA335
@Mr Miserable

Long shot, but IF Tesla for whatever reason decide to use Giga Berlin for some Y's

I read somewhere that Mercedes ship from Zeebrugge

Could potentially spy some ships there? Guess it's difficult to get an idea for what would be on them tho with so many German manufacturers

I would also like to add, that every other continent has different delivery dates for white Model Y's

Except for Europe, the entirety of Europe still has that est. May 2022, UK included

It's very well documented that Giga Berlin is producing White Model Y's

Could it be possible that in fact all white Model Y's could actually be coming from there rather than Shanghai? It might only be this model and colour combo doing this

Just a theory based on what I can see across the Tesla website.

Where as M3, Europe is showing all the same Est dates. Which is different to the white Model Y.

There’s 3s coming in May as well so it’s looking likely there are shipments from Shanghai still. At least the Berlin LHD cars will be freeing up capacity for Shanghai to meet demand.
I can't find any config across any of Tesla's European sites, UK included that have M3 for May still, where as white MYs are

Probably nothing in it but just something to consider and toy about with whilst we wait

I can't find any config across any of Tesla's European sites, UK included that have M3 for May still, where as white MYs are

Probably nothing in it but just something to consider and toy about with whilst we wait
Not for order but that have already been ordered. I expect most capacity is still aimed at Ys at the moment. I wouldn’t even be surprised if they have built a lot of them already. A photo I took at Brent Cross showed loads of surplus Ys sat in the carpark.

There is a Grand Quest coming into Shanghai from South Korea tmrw morning. I can’t seem to find any schedule online. Where is it heading after? Could this be a Tesla Ship! Mr M and others What do you think?
GRAND QUEST is heading to the UAE.
Listen folks, I am monitoring Shanghai as I have done since the very first shipment - I know what I'm looking for and when I see it I will announce it here.
Before Shanghai I was monitoring shipments from Fremont, which in retrospect was a piece of cake. This is not my first rodeo.

If you are bored, please have read through the pages on this thread to see how Q1 went. There is a 2021 thread and 2020 and 2019 too. I think the tally is 154 ships tracked since TRIUMPH ACE brought my Model 3 over from Fremont.

Last edited:
GRAND QUEST is heading to the UAE.
Listen folks, I am monitoring Shanghai as I have done since the very first shipment - I know what I'm looking for and when I see it I will announce it here.
Before Shanghai I was monitoring shipments from Fremont, which in retrospect was a piece of cake. This is not my first rodeo.

If you are bored, please have read through the pages on this thread to see how Q1 went. There is a 2021 thread and 2020 and 2019 too. I think the tally is 154 ships tracked since TRIUMPH ACE brought my Model 3 over from Fremont.

I’m bored. I ended up down a rabbit hole reading your 12v battery failure post.

Funny and frustrating in equal measure. Informative and useful too. Ta!

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've ordered a Model3 white/black with sports alloys through my company salary sacrifice scheme. They haven't provided many details such as VIN etc. What they have told is that my car is in transit to the dealer, expected early May. Do you have any idea which ship this might be on? I'm worried the car might have been caught up in the Shanghai lockdown and so may be delayed. Any insight at all would be great!

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've ordered a Model3 white/black with sports alloys through my company salary sacrifice scheme. They haven't provided many details such as VIN etc. What they have told is that my car is in transit to the dealer, expected early May. Do you have any idea which ship this might be on? I'm worried the car might have been caught up in the Shanghai lockdown and so may be delayed. Any insight at all would be great!
As far as we know there is no ship on the way now

Status
Not open for further replies.