Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think it's great news that the fact that GLOVIS SPLENDOR is heading to Koper is out now - it has saved a lot of disappointment in 3 weeks time!
Koper may not be her only destination although to be blunt the chances of her coming to Southampton are now slim.
It does mean that we may have another vessel to look forward to and of course THEBEN is in the frame for that. I do wonder however whether she may be too big for the task and whether MORNING PEACE would be more suitable/cost effective for Tesla.
Time will tell......
but as the updated date of delivery happen exactly at the same time as France for exemple might mean that they are in the same ship, no? we will see destination and also it might be shipped by train then after toward England, a new delivery route

OK The numerous tracking apps and tracking websites operate on 2 levels. The first generally free level is when it supplies positional information supplied by shore- based enthusiasts. The AIS system is effectively line of sight and so as soon as a vessel goes over the horizon or out of range of a enthusiast's receiver the ship's position will no longer be updated.
The second level provides position information based on data received by satellite and is not free. Those same VHF signals transmitted by the AIS system can be received by satellites in low earth orbit. Dedicated nano-satellites are now harvesting this data and selling it on to the tracking companies amongst others. So if you have a subscription to the app or website for satellite data you will benefit accordingly with more or less global coverage with regular position updates but it will cost you about £100 a month.
There are cheaper methods if you are interested in just one ship which cost about £1 a day.
Really interesting. Thanks!

THEBEN's itinerary for what it's worth.

View attachment 802854

and the latest for MORNING PEACE
View attachment 802855
This is great - wanted to now see if any of this Data appears on my terminal. One of my colleagues tipped me off this week that we get live (premium?) data through the exchange feeds here. Technically, if I knew what the hell I was doing, i could set up alerts, news feeds, real time itinery feeds, live mapping, tracking, forecasting... But I have no idea what I'm doing.. I just about created a watch list of our three boats and plotting on a map 😆

BUT what I do know, for fun, and I wouldn't want to be part of the crew responsible for car quality... BUT after loading at Shanghai, THEBEN could make it to Southampton by 14th May if she blew at 150kts 🤭

1652259758176.png

Right, I'm going to go back to working, and crawl back under my rock.. and leave the analytics to the experts... I'll goof around on this more sensibly later.

I THEBEN it may well be then.

btw does anyone know how to pronounce this ship? Is it THE BEN, or is it THEB EN (phonetically: theeb-en)

Just curious!

Reactions: delta0
but as the updated date of delivery happen exactly at the same time as France for exemple might mean that they are in the same ship, no? we will see destination and also it might be shipped by train then after toward England, a new delivery route
Anything is possible this quarter!
However I think it unlikely that GLOVIS SPLENDOR will head to UK after a drop-off in Koper. Ashdod, Israel is more likely quite frankly.
I'm pretty sure a shipment to the UK will be inbound despite the GF closure it's just a question of how many cars will be onboard.
Whatever, the closure of the factory is going to leave a lot of disappointed customers.

All we can do is monitor the COVID situation in Shanghai and China and see how it develops.
My gut feel is that if the current Chinese government policy is maintained then we are looking at several months at least before the situation improves.
In the UK we are only too well aware of how infectious Omicron is but because of the high vaccination rate with effective vaccines and high levels of resistance from previous infections our population has largely been spared from the life-threatening effects of the disease. The Chinese vaccines are not as effective, the vaccination programme there was not targeted at the most vulnerable and there is a (mistaken?) belief by the government that somehow they can control the spread of the virus. They are fortunate that the current wave is not happening during their winter nevertheless I'm not sure how much longer the population can be contained as they are - the current rigid restrictions will soon grow tiresome.
Whatever way you look at it, the outlook is not good.

That's the "new world" to you, thank you very much! Haha!

We do like a noodle and a yum cha, i'll give you that.
Good on ya...but it won't be a "Happy Ending". To wit Europe's short sighted reliance on Russian energy.

PS I spent three of the best years of my life in Australia as a young man. A wonderful country great people but latterly, ripe for old world plucking; they don't get much older than China.

PPS😇 Yo! China! Thank you for building my Tesla😘

Now then......the (soft boiled) egg timer tells me its time to check my EDD.

• Funny
Reactions: Cappo11 and Snowy77
Good on ya...but it won't be a "Happy Ending". To wit Europe's short sighted reliance on Russian energy.

PS I spent three of the best years of my life in Australia as a young man. A wonderful country great people but latterly, ripe for old world plucking; they don't get much older than China.

PPS😇 Yo! China! Thank you for building my Tesla😘

Now then......the (soft boiled) egg timer tells me its time to check my EDD.
Well i never! With any luck that whole coal thing will be over soon... If not, we all burn or drown or burn AND drown to death so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Wattsisname
Hi Mr. M. Patiently waiting for my M3P since December and the official EDD is June 9 to June 30 in Dubai - Jebel Ali.
Do you have any idea of when the cars might be shipped here and if they come directly and dedicated to Dubai, or they stop somewhere before or after.
Thank you in advance.

Could it be possible that they load both LHD and RHD cars onto the same ship? @Mr Miserable has that been done in the past? I assume so if previous ships have been known to dock in the UK before departing to our dear brothers and sisters in Europe but would be good to get confirmation.
After Southampton the ship will be going to zeebrugge so she will have both left and right hand drive cars

Reactions: QuanTim and Snowy77
Hi Mr. M. Patiently waiting for my M3P since December and the official EDD is June 9 to June 30 in Dubai - Jebel Ali.
Do you have any idea of when the cars might be shipped here and if they come directly and dedicated to Dubai, or they stop somewhere before or after.
Thank you in advance.
We usually see one shipment per quarter. If you can tell me your expected delivery date I may be able to identify a possible ship. The trouble is that there is almost a weekly service to Jebel Ali from Shanghai and so identifying the exact ship can be tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.