Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, Sunday 15 May Evening Update

Well I don't think there is any doubt that THEBEN is carrying Teslas!
Her itinerary is also in no doubt - she's heading to Zeebrugge and is scheduled to arrive there on 14 Jun . She'll take a refuel off Singapore on the way but no Southampton. That was on her original itinerary but it changed. Speaking of old itineraries, I thought I had made it clear that THEBEN took over the itinerary from GRAND PAVO. So don't place your hopes in GRAND PAVO - that ship has already sailed - literally. She is already enroute to Singapore and so will not be calling in to Shanghai. As far for the question as to whether THEBEN is carrying any RHD cars - the answer has to be perhaps, for Ireland, but not for the UK. If there were cars for the UK she would call at Southampton - much cheaper than offloading in Zeebrugge and crossloading on to another ship. Tesla have done that in the past, it was expensive and so they invested some big money in Southampton. Southampton was deleted from her itinerary for a reason - accept it. By the way, I can't help but be impressed with the speed of loading of THEBEN - 4000 cars during a 36 hr port stay is probably some sort of record for Shanghai South.

MORNING PEACE is at anchor off Shanghai. I know she's not my favourite but since THEBEN I'm prepared to be swayed by the obvious itinerary. She's not due to dock until next Saturday and so there is time for that itinerary to be tweaked to more of my liking. At the moment she's due to arrive in Southampton on 21 June.

RCC EUROPE is still of interest despite the fact that she has changed her destination again. She is now heading to CN NHP. I can't find that UN location code. Ships heading to Shanghai South in the past have used some unusual codes as well as a standard Shanghai one. I'm hoping she may be heading to Shanghai South and we won't have long to wait. We know she is coming to Europe thanks to some quite excellent research by @Darreno earlier today.

The big question is how many cars will be coming to the UK? I've seen some fanciful figures being bandied around - the lockdown in Shanghai has not gone away and it's as strict as ever - just look what the reporter was wearing! The closed-loop scheme didn't work. It didn't work for Sony either. Until the Chinese government change their policy towards COVID, I can't see many cars being produced by the Shanghai GF for some time.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is enjoying calm seas and generally overcast skies resulting in temperatures of around 30C. She is currently making about 17.5 kts and is bang-on schedule to make Suez on 27 May. I estimate she should arrive in Koper around 02 Jun.

View attachment 804682

In regards to RCC EUROPE and CN NHP. Im not sure if this helps but pointing dots together, CN NHP seems it could be the same port as where the Teslas are collected (Same as TheBen).

Below is a ship currently at or going to the CN NHP and its at the same port as The Ben, just a long the dock a bit (Please see below). The ETA has past, meaning it could be at its destination but not updated online as arrived. Could CN NHP mean a certain loading section at that port rather than the whole port itself.

Again, this could be way out. Might just be a coincidence.

1652701996434.png

Last edited:
I had tagged her as a ship of interest since I couldn't find her itinerary and her departure to Suez after spending 36hrs loading would have guaranteed she was a suspect. However in view of the miserable production figures I very much doubt she is of any interest.
@Mr Miserable have you now fully rulled out SWALLOW ACE? (Forgive me if this has been confirmed but couldn't see any further mention of her)

@Mr Miserable have you now fully rulled out SWALLOW ACE? (Forgive me if this has been confirmed but couldn't see any further mention of her)
The media reports yesterday suggested THEBEN was the 2nd ship this quarter which would suggest Swallow Ace is not carrying Teslas. We seem to have been fortunate (in some ways) this quarter in that every shipment has been heavily covered by the local media.

Reactions: Snowy77 and Frizzy
The media reports yesterday suggested THEBEN was the 2nd ship this quarter which would suggest Swallow Ace is not carrying Teslas. We seem to have been fortunate (in some ways) this quarter in that every shipment has been heavily covered by the local media.

OK, noted thanks.

Reactions: delta0
Evening all, Sunday 15 May Evening Update

Well I don't think there is any doubt that THEBEN is carrying Teslas!
Her itinerary is also in no doubt - she's heading to Zeebrugge and is scheduled to arrive there on 14 Jun . She'll take a refuel off Singapore on the way but no Southampton. That was on her original itinerary but it changed. Speaking of old itineraries, I thought I had made it clear that THEBEN took over the itinerary from GRAND PAVO. So don't place your hopes in GRAND PAVO - that ship has already sailed - literally. She is already enroute to Singapore and so will not be calling in to Shanghai. As far for the question as to whether THEBEN is carrying any RHD cars - the answer has to be perhaps, for Ireland, but not for the UK. If there were cars for the UK she would call at Southampton - much cheaper than offloading in Zeebrugge and crossloading on to another ship. Tesla have done that in the past, it was expensive and so they invested some big money in Southampton. Southampton was deleted from her itinerary for a reason - accept it. By the way, I can't help but be impressed with the speed of loading of THEBEN - 4000 cars during a 36 hr port stay is probably some sort of record for Shanghai South.

MORNING PEACE is at anchor off Shanghai. I know she's not my favourite but since THEBEN I'm prepared to be swayed by the obvious itinerary. She's not due to dock until next Saturday and so there is time for that itinerary to be tweaked to more of my liking. At the moment she's due to arrive in Southampton on 21 June.

RCC EUROPE is still of interest despite the fact that she has changed her destination again. She is now heading to CN NHP. I can't find that UN location code. Ships heading to Shanghai South in the past have used some unusual codes as well as a standard Shanghai one. I'm hoping she may be heading to Shanghai South and we won't have long to wait. We know she is coming to Europe thanks to some quite excellent research by @Darreno earlier today.

The big question is how many cars will be coming to the UK? I've seen some fanciful figures being bandied around - the lockdown in Shanghai has not gone away and it's as strict as ever - just look what the reporter was wearing! The closed-loop scheme didn't work. It didn't work for Sony either. Until the Chinese government change their policy towards COVID, I can't see many cars being produced by the Shanghai GF for some time.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is enjoying calm seas and generally overcast skies resulting in temperatures of around 30C. She is currently making about 17.5 kts and is bang-on schedule to make Suez on 27 May. I estimate she should arrive in Koper around 02 Jun.

View attachment 804682
Hi again.
Would you that you have ever seen a ship unload RHD Model Y in Zeebrugge for further transfer, that did not call in Southampton?
Another question: how do you know that Theben took over Grand Pavo's itinerary?
It's just that if you look at Wallenius Wilhelmsens schedules something odd occurs:
Putting in: 16th Shanghai departure - going to Zeebrugge = Grand Pavo - zero port calls before Zeebrugge
Putting in: 16th Shanghai departure - going to Southampton = Grand Pavo.
My point being: I am not sure we can put much trust in WW's schedules, as Theben is chartered by Hyundai Glovis and would be following the itinerary they set for the ship.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Its doesnt mean that. That could be the yoyage after Koper. Nevertheless, just passing observations to MrM.
OK so curious, I on my maritime analysis thingymabob from the London Stock Exchange.. I plugged SPLENDOR in, from her current location in Malaysia, to Suez, to Koper to Bremerhaven, then to Southampton... I was seeing if any of the dates make sense.... and THEY DO. This doesn't take in to account stop at Suez, doesn't take into account stop at Koper etc etc etc, but if it sailed to port and left, she would make Southampton on 12 JUNE. The Stena GLOVIS schedule says Bremerhaven on 12th JUNE, which says to me including stops, that this schedule fits with indeed a stop first to Koper, eventually Southampton on 16th.... It's a mightly long shot.

But has any boat ever done that before?

If so, the dream is still alive?

1652716317711.png

1652716297892.png

Hi again.
Would you that you have ever seen a ship unload RHD Model Y in Zeebrugge for further transfer, that did not call in Southampton?
Another question: how do you know that Theben took over Grand Pavo's itinerary?
It's just that if you look at Wallenius Wilhelmsens schedules something odd occurs:
Putting in: 16th Shanghai departure - going to Zeebrugge = Grand Pavo - zero port calls before Zeebrugge
Putting in: 16th Shanghai departure - going to Southampton = Grand Pavo.
My point being: I am not sure we can put much trust in WW's schedules, as Theben is chartered by Hyundai Glovis and would be following the itinerary they set for the ship.
I think this is an interesting question and wondered myself, why would they ship RHD to Zebrugge without calling at Southampton? I'm no expert but this just doesn't make sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.