Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like RCC EUROPE is preparing to depart to, as expected, Singapore very shortly. Lurking out to sea is PULAU TIOMAN which is giving all the indications that she will replace RCC EUROPE at Shanghai South. This ship is a regular into Shanghai (although not Shanghai South) and I wonder if she is going to be used for a shipment to Yohohama, Japan.
If she is going to Japan then I suspect they have done a run of RHD cars. As some dates on deliveries changed today (but not all) I suspect some cars didn’t make the cut off for the ship heading out to the UK and are instead going to Japan.

She won't go to Japan .... Singapore ... looks good I guess that she will sail to Europe :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-19 um 20.06.51.png

Reactions: E_had
Now we need to see a video of the RCC Europe loading to Tesla or not to Tesla, otherwise we may be following a non-tesla loaded ship. I await Mr Ms’ nightly missive with anticipation
Strange somehow without any pictures or videos considering the media coverage for the previous two ships in Q2. My EDD has changed to just July today. May be more ships to follow for July deliveries???
Even having the coverage we did for the 2 ships seemed a lot so I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a bit less for this one but let’s see what appears.

Reactions: Raj2022
Evening all! Thursday 19 May evening update.

Let's first of all monitor the progress of the known Tesla vessels heading to Europe:

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is approaching the southern tip of Sri Lanka and is maintaining 16kts. She is a little bit behind the timeline but there is plenty of opportunity to make up time in the calmer waters ahead. I'm expecting her to arrive in Koper on 01 Jun.

Glovis Splendor Leg 2.png

THEBEN continues to calmly make her way down the South China Sea towards her refuel rendezvous off Singapore on Sunday. She's due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 14 Jun.

Theben Leg 1.png

So 2 Tesla ships on their way to mainland Europe that we know about and yet we still haven't seen a VIN frenzy or any payment requests from Tesla. This is worth noting - GLOVIS SPLENDOR departed over a week ago. So don't get disheartened if in a weeks time we still have no definite indications that a ship is on the way to the UK.

RCC EUROPE has departed to Singapore. We know she is coming to UK or EU, or maybe both, but is she carrying Teslas? This is where video would have been good to see. The fact that there is no video (so far) does this indicate that she is not carrying Teslas? There are a lot of plus points from my point of view that would suggest that she is likely to be a Tesla ship. If she is we might expect her to arrive in Southampton around 17 June. I'm going to track her as if she is a known Tesla ship for the moment but let's just remember that she is not a definite.

PULAU TIOMAN looks like she is next into Shanghai South but I wouldn't expect her to go far and if she is moving Teslas, then Japan (my guess) or S Korea will be a likely destination.

Also heading to Shanghai South from S Korea at the moment is HORIZON LEADER. As was pointed out by @_SunShine this ship does have previous form and ticks a lot of boxes for me as being a likely Tesla ship. She will arrive tomorrow and since PULAU TIOMAN is only now on the move to dock it may suggest that PULAU TIOMAN won't be staying long. There is still time for HORIZON LEADER to deliver to UK/EU by quarter end.

If production has ramped up the way the shipping would suggest then that may be good news for those in Australia with MORNING CLARA due to arrive early next week.

I should also mention that POLARIS LEADER is no longer on my watch list - she's off to Saudi. That leaves DUGONG ACE and VENUS LEADER still on there. They will likely drop off tomorrow once their next destination is known. One of them could be heading to Dubai - we shall see...

The THEBAN competition has had a good response with 44 genuine entries so far with surprisingly few of you choosing the same minor square! I apparently entered three times - my, how I laughed, as I deleted them. For those who have yet to enter - take a look by clicking here. It's free to enter and the less said about the fantastic prizes the better. There is no speedboat to win in this competition and neither is there a foot spa or a chocolate fondue set. No tat to be won here!

Before I go, a word on satellite imagery. I tried to use satellite imagery when I was tracking Pier 80 shipments to EU and found it difficult to reconcile the imagery with known ship movements - basically the date they said an image was taken was actually untrue because I knew precisely when a ship arrived or departed. This wasn't a one-off and so I abandoned any further efforts. In the photo shown earlier today on the thread the date is shown to be 18 May 21. That doesn't correspond to my records and I can't identify the ship either - Tesla were not using that pier in May 21 - TRITON ACE in Aug 21 was the first Tesla export shipment from there. The ship is large and so unlikely to be a domestic shipment.

Oh and one other thing...

It looks like the severe COVID restrictions in Shanghai are slowly being lifted with the gradual reopening of public transport. The problem, as we are only too well aware of in the UK, is that this will inevitably lead to a further wave of infections in the population and pressure to shutdown again. The Shanghai clampdown managed to ensure only about 500 people died apparently and that the hospitals were not overcome. To think the pandemic is over in Shanghai would be a mistake in my opinion and further shutdowns should not be ruled out.

Last edited:
...and anuvver fing...

A local correspondent emailed me to say that MORNING PEACE will dock at Haitong on Sunday.
This is confirmation of what we thought - her itinerary has been changed from Shanghai South to the main terminal in Haitong.
Unfortuneately my correspondent is still under house arrest - his words - and the easing of restrictions is not going to happen very quickly and certainly not as quickly as everyone would wish.

...and anuvver fing...

A local correspondent emailed me to say that MORNING PEACE will dock at Haitong on Sunday.
This is confirmation of what we thought - her itinerary has been changed from Shanghai South to the main terminal in Haitong.
Perhaps to allow loading of Tesla’s on Horizon Leader and Morning Peace at the same time to allow both ships to make it to Southampton and onward delivery to UK customers before the Q2 deadline? Naive wishful thinking 🤔 as I’m not convinced by RCC Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.