Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I’m a little confused, I thought we wanted to see VINs on the page as it would help with identifying where the ships are headed.

Is that not the case?

Our dates changed over night too and got the same Bluetooth notification, not checked for VIN but I expect there is one.
We do, which is why I quoted the delivery windows so far quoted. What we don’t need is 20 posts saying the same date windows and 40 posts from people saying ‘great news’. The general order to delivery thread is for sharing news about your order, this thread is for sharing new news and insight about shipping.

If you have a different date window from Tesla and now a vin, then please feel free to post here.

Morning all, looks like I'm one of many waking up to hopefully some good news this morning. I ordered an M3P in October (white, bkack seats and deliveryat Southampton), checked my app this morning which firstly did not show an EDD but instead an acceptance statement agreeing that the Tesla uses a vision only system. Upon checking the box, my delivery date has shortened to 10-24 June. I've checked through the source code and looks like I've had a VIN allocated.

Reactions: E_had
Morning all, looks like I'm one of many waking up to hopefully some good news this morning. I ordered an M3P in October (white, bkack seats and deliveryat Southampton), checked my app this morning which firstly did not show an EDD but instead an acceptance statement agreeing that the Tesla uses a vision only system. Upon checking the box, my delivery date has shortened to 10-24 June. I've checked through the source code and looks like I've had a VIN allocated.
Are you looking for 5YJ in the source code or some other combination?

So according to the shipping map that @Frizzy kindly put together, the VINs have started to be allocated for what I can only presume to be the Tesla's onboard GLOVIS SPLENDOR. She's currently just about to exit the Arabian Sea and enter the Gulf of Arden then Red Sea. So with the other suspected Tesla ships that are "in her wake" could we expect to see more VIN matching at the same location?

For the more experienced on this topic, is this typically quite early in the sail to be allocated VINs or about the same? (I always heard they're allocated at the Suez Canal but that could just be a false meme that needs correcting...)

So according to the shipping map that @Frizzy kindly put together, the VINs have started to be allocated for what I can only presume to be the Tesla's onboard GLOVIS SPLENDOR. She's currently just about to exit the Arabian Sea and enter the Gulf of Arden then Red Sea. So with the other suspected Tesla ships that are "in her wake" could we expect to see more VIN matching at the same location?

For the more experienced on this topic, is this typically quite early in the sail to be allocated VINs or about the same? (I always heard they're allocated at the Suez Canal but that could just be a false meme that needs correcting...)
Well thats interesting indeed. I thought GLOVIS SPLENDOR wasn't stopping at Southampton and was carrying mainland Europe cars.

That means there could be a lot more on THEBEN and RCC Europe, not to mention the ship about to be called into port in Shanghai.

Reactions: QuanTim
Well thats interesting indeed. I thought GLOVIS SPLENDOR wasn't stopping at Southampton and was carrying mainland Europe cars.

That means there could be a lot more on THEBEN and RCC Europe, not to mention the ship about to be called into port in Shanghai.
I reread Mr M's updates and he suspects that GLOVIS SPLENDOR will fully unload at Kopper but at a stretch could do a run to Southampton. It could be that there are RHD cars for UK on this ship after all?

Either way, if the VINs allocated to UK customers are on ships that departed after GS, then I think that's potentially a good sign... But, hard to know what to make of it with so little data so far.

FWIW, my MYLR Blue Black 20s Southampton pickup is still showing 21-30 June no VIN.

Wondering still if THEBEN will indeed call at the UK on her way past, any change on her schedule? Due to arrive Zeebrugge around the 17th, I have a modified June 15 EDD it does giver her time to offload and still be on time.. could it be that she'll call to Southampton I wonder. June 15th is too optimistic for RCC Europe.

Last edited:
Wondering still if THEBEN will indeed call at the UK on her way past, any change on her schedule? Due to arrive Zeebrugge around the 17th, I have a modified June 14 EDD it does giver her time to offload and still be on time.. could it be that she'll call to Southampton I wonder. June 14th is too optimistic for RCC Europe.

I was under the impression the VINs start getting allocated once around the Suez. GLOVIS SPLENDOR is around there, TheBen is way back.

For it to be on TheBen, Tesla would have changed their practice.

Reactions: Snowy77
Wondering still if THEBEN will indeed call at the UK on her way past, any change on her schedule? Due to arrive Zeebrugge around the 17th, I have a modified June 15 EDD it does giver her time to offload and still be on time.. could it be that she'll call to Southampton I wonder. June 15th is too optimistic for RCC Europe.
My date is now 10th June so who knows?

Reactions: Snowy77
I was under the impression the VINs start getting allocated once around the Suez. GLOVIS SPLENDOR is around there, TheBen is way back.

For it to be on TheBen, Tesla would have changed their practice.
But these are not normal times...
As much as I would like for it to happen, I can't really believe that they've put a bit of RHD cars on GLOVIS & THEBEN if RCC EUROPE is also confirmed to be a Tesla ship, multiple stops on all 3 ships would probably be more expensive and logistically more complicated than point to point? Or am I mistaken?

But these are not normal times...
As much as I would like for it to happen, I can't really believe that they've put a bit of RHD cars on GLOVIS & THEBEN if RCC EUROPE is also confirmed to be a Tesla ship, multiple stops on all 3 ships would probably be more expensive and logistically more complicated than point to point? Or am I mistaken?

Exactly, not normal times. Maybe they had mixed bags, and loaded as and when. Not great from a financing prospective, but just get them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.