Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the July deliveries, all I can say is that at the moment there are only 4 ships on the way and nothing is on the horizon
If the last ship, HORIZON LEADER, is heading to Zeebrugge she should arrive around 24 June which is quite late and may mean that shipping connections and distances etc will cause some deliveries to miss the end of quarter deadline and so slip into July.
The idea that Tesla would stiff their Chinese customers and also score an own goal on their balance sheet by having 4500+ unsold cars in transit over a quarter-end seems a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The July deliveries can be explained by HORIZON LEADER arriving too late in the quarter.
Sorry if stated before but what is the likelihood of the HORIZON LEADER having UK cars onboard?

Evening all Saturday 28 May 2022

First of all I hope everybody has had a look at @Frizzy and sons latest masterpiece. It really does set the new standard.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Destination is Koper, Slovenia 01 Jun.
She has just arrived off Suez and will wait at anchor until she forms up with the northbound convoy early tomorrow morning.

THEBEN Destination is Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is presently about half way across the Arabian Sea and remains on schedule to arrive off Suez on 04 Jun
Don't forget to enter the competition! Click HERE to enter - it's free. 96 entries so far..

RCC EUROPE Destination is Southampton ETA ~16 Jun
She continues to keep her speed up in order to make Suez on 07 Jun. She is just about to enter the Bay of Bengal.
I think this will be the only UK shipment this quarter.

THEMIS LEADER Destination is Singapore (tomorrow) and Dubai (~11 Jun) Still not yet a confirmed Tesla ship but looking like a prime suspect for the shipments to SIN and DXB.

HORIZON LEADER Her destination is most likely to be EU (Koper ~17 Jun or Zeebrugge ~ 23 Jun).
I don't think there will be any cars for the UK onboard. Her first stop is for a refuel off Singapore next Wednesday 01 Jun

We are running out of time for any future EU bound vessels and I can't identify any likely suspects.
TOKYO CAR departed to Sri Lanka and so ARC COMMITTMENT is the remaining hope and she will probably depart on the next high water in about 6 hours time.

We mustn’t lose perspective on where we are at. GF workers are are in closed loop, not seeing their families, constant COVID testing, working long shifts. Russia and Ukraine/EU are at war, affecting, together with China lockdown, global supply chains and the whole premise of how our economy works. Let alone Elon trying to buy Twitter 🙈. Understanding and patience, please. My Nana said ‘what’s for you won’t go past you’.

Yup it looks to me like the COVID Gigafactory shutdown period coincided with the period allocated for UK builds quite heavily. I think Mr M said that there was something published that indicated they’d just written off that lost time and kept cadence, which would give us much smaller UK volumes this Q.

I’m positive that if they’d had the vehicles to ship this Q they’d have shipped them, and that the regular cadence for the GF will be established - COVID pending - again in Q3, so Aug/Sep for those awaiting cars.

Evening all Saturday 28 May 2022

First of all I hope everybody has had a look at @Frizzy and sons latest masterpiece. It really does set the new standard.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Destination is Koper, Slovenia 01 Jun.
She has just arrived off Suez and will wait at anchor until she forms up with the northbound convoy early tomorrow morning.

THEBEN Destination is Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is presently about half way across the Arabian Sea and remains on schedule to arrive off Suez on 04 Jun
Don't forget to enter the competition! Click HERE to enter - it's free. 96 entries so far..

RCC EUROPE Destination is Southampton ETA ~16 Jun
She continues to keep her speed up in order to make Suez on 07 Jun. She is just about to enter the Bay of Bengal.
I think this will be the only UK shipment this quarter.

THEMIS LEADER Destination is Singapore (tomorrow) and Dubai (~11 Jun) Still not yet a confirmed Tesla ship but looking like a prime suspect for the shipments to SIN and DXB.

HORIZON LEADER Her destination is most likely to be EU (Koper ~17 Jun or Zeebrugge ~ 23 Jun).
I don't think there will be any cars for the UK onboard. Her first stop is for a refuel off Singapore next Wednesday 01 Jun

We are running out of time for any future EU bound vessels and I can't identify any likely suspects.
TOKYO CAR departed to Sri Lanka and so ARC COMMITTMENT is the remaining hope and she will probably depart on the next high water in about 6 hours time.
Thank you so much for these updates.

Could you possibly clarify “future”? I am expecting my MYLR in Antwerp for July.

I think it worth remembering that Q2 was always going to be a 'bad' quarter for shipments to UK and EU anyway and so the COVID shutdown just compounded it. The idea that Tesla will try and clear a backlog just doesn't gel. Tesla always have a backlog, it's just larger than normal at the moment. If Tesla can deliver every car they make in June why should they go to the expense of exporting and have unsold cars on their balance sheet at the end of the quarter? (The cars that will be sitting on a ship at quarter-end) No matter what the heart says the business managers will make the decision and that decision will have been to stick to their existing production plans and business model as much as possible. Remember Tesla sell twice as many cars in China than they export to UK/EU, therefore the Chinese market is twice as important.
Q3 will be a mega quarter. The word is 17 ships to EU/UK. Let's hope that Shanghai successfully emerge from lockdown next month and can ramp up to the blistering levels of production that the Q3 forecasts are predicting. For the UK and EU that will mean deliveries in August and September.

RCC EUROPE has amended her ETA for Suez back to 08 Jun. It means that in all probability that her ETA for Southampton will now slip to 17 Jun. She may try and sprint the last leg but for the moment I think 17 Jun is more likely.
If RCC EUROPE is the only shipment expected for the UK this quarter, when should all those luckily enough to be allocated a vehicle receive confirmation by?

I think we can be quite sure that Theben VINs were already assigned and if you can't see one in your order already, then I'm afraid Q2 delivery is not very likely. I've also had "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin": false for quite some time now and did not get a VIN in the last few days, so I'm not sure if it means anything valuable.
I would not be so sure about Theban having allocated all their VINS ....little evidence of this from the chat on the forums. Understandably Theban seems not to be linked to UK but participants on the forum from countries serviced from Zeebrugge are not reporting a huge level of notifications from Tesla that would be expected for a ship carrying4/5000 units.

Reactions: kingkongy
I think it worth remembering that Q2 was always going to be a 'bad' quarter for shipments to UK and EU anyway and so the COVID shutdown just compounded it. The idea that Tesla will try and clear a backlog just doesn't gel. Tesla always have a backlog, it's just larger than normal at the moment...
Just a sanity check on all of this, I live in Georgetown TX, USA, about a 35 minute drive from the "Austin" Gigafactory. I see a parking lot full of Model Y cars waiting to be shipped for delivery every time I drive past. I ordered a Model Y last November 8 (2021) and the EDD was September 2022. Because of COVID and related changes, it is now sitting at December 2022. Note that if any of you in the UK/Ireland order a MY right now, it will be made, shipped and delivered to you long before ours is started. Despite all the complaining, you folks in UK/Europe are a privileged lot. :)

I watch this thread because of financial interest (along with many others). We are interested in shipping movements of large numbers of cars from all sources (Fremont, Austin, Berlin, Shanghai) basically to guage how my TSLA stock is going to perform. This thread gives quality information on Shanghai cars. Besides UK/Ireland, we're also interested in cars going to Israel, Taiwan, Aus/NZ, Hong Kong etc.

Mr M is very valuable to all of you; same with us foreign forum watchers... although we can do without all the stuff about what colour did you order, which wheels and how do I find my VIN. Anyhow, @Mr Miserable has many fans beyond UK/Ireland.

So if the Horizon was being loaded on the 25th and they are now producing a reported 2.6k cars per day, that’s roughly 13k vehicles produced since.. That’s at least 3 ships worth… they can’t all be for Chinese market so where are they all
Going?

So if the Horizon was being loaded on the 25th and they are now producing a reported 2.6k cars per day, that’s roughly 13k vehicles produced since.. That’s at least 3 ships worth… they can’t all be for Chinese market so where are they all
Going?
Japan, Middle East etc. there are other ships that have taken Teslas to other countries. They are making cars for the next quarter now if they aren’t being sold into the domestic/local markets before the quarter end.

The thing is. They have been shipping to the domestic market over the last few months according to chinese forums.
Japan, Middle East etc. there are other ships that have taken Teslas to other countries. They are making cars for the next quarter now if they aren’t being sold into the domestic/local markets before the quarter end.
Had ordered M3 LR in 2nd week of Jan with EDD May' 22 in Dubai and still no news. They just matched cars for Jan 1st week. Think there are Aussie orders pending from Nov-Dec 21 as well. So, should see some of the ships headed to these places including Japan & local as well before they start with the next quarter orders.

Have heard that Mar-April orders went through the sky when petrol prices went up and this is where we are going to see a lot of delays despite ramping up the production. For any current orders, the EDD is between Jan to Mar except for the Performance models which is not just from the 3 week shutdown/ supply chain issues. Drastically up from our 4-5 months to 7-10 months.

Interesting year ahead for Tesla and loads of ships o_O

Last edited:
Going?
You must have missed the point I made in my earlier post where I mentioned that Tesla sell double the amount of cars they export to EU/UK to the Chinese market. In fact in Q3 it will be closer to treble.
One of the criticisms of the Shanghai GF from the Chinese government is the high percentage of production that is exported -it was never meant to be so high. The expansion of the Shanghai GF is not so they can export more cars but to satisfy the huge demand from the Chinese market alone. If Berlin had come online on time, like about 6 months earlier the amount of export production to EU from Shanghai would be much reduced by now however Berlin is late and the ramp up there has not been overly spectacular either (any colour you like, as long as it's black or white) and so Tesla are having to keep exporting from Shanghai although they would much prefer not to.

They are not making cars for next quarter! There are no unsold cars in China. Tesla are not struggling to sell cars anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.