Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thought it might be a great time to report on RCC EUROPE as she's causing quite the storm!

Cleanly entered the Strait of Malacca

1653657299203.png

Making progress of just over 16 kts.

1653657356374.png

Make it here safely you beaut!

You say RCC Europe.. but if I remember correctly Theben was supposed to go to UK then Belgium? Why not Theben?
Just quoting 'the authority' Mr Miserable:

THEBEN is bound for Zeebrugge where she is due to arrive on 14 Jun.
She has rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and is now in slightly less choppy waters than she has endured over the last few days. It’s only a temporary respite though. She has plenty of time in hand to make it to Suez for 04 Jun.

She's not scheduled to Southampton unfortunately.

Reactions: E_had
Just quoting 'the authority' Mr Miserable:

THEBEN is bound for Zeebrugge where she is due to arrive on 14 Jun.
She has rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and is now in slightly less choppy waters than she has endured over the last few days. It’s only a temporary respite though. She has plenty of time in hand to make it to Suez for 04 Jun.

She's not scheduled to Southampton unfortunately.
Mr M
Do you think it is possible or likely that China may continue export over into July Europe deliveries as it looks unlikely that China will be fully open to get internal deliveries.throw everything into 'kitchen sink' cash flow issues and have a bad q2 .they are not actually short of cash any more
Interested in any accountants opinion as well as the oracle Mr M

Mr M
Do you think it is possible or likely that China may continue export over into July Europe deliveries as it looks unlikely that China will be fully open to get internal deliveries.throw everything into 'kitchen sink' cash flow issues and have a bad q2 .they are not actually short of cash any more
Interested in any accountants opinion as well as the oracle Mr M
Not the intended recipient to your question but I guess it's important to keep in mind that the harsh lockdown is and was limited to Shanghai, the rest of mainland China remains more or less open. And their are now (VERY) slowly easing... So I guess there is still very much an interior market demand. Happy to hear counterpoints on that.

So I just clicked @Frizzy link to check out our new favourite ship and my mind was completely blown when I zoomed in on the map. I had NO idea that there were so many ships, that close to each other at the same time. WOW! :eek:

So basically, I'm now gonna also fret about ships bumping into each other and my new Tesla drifting to the bottom of the ocean!! o_O

View attachment 808960

PS I do realise it's still fairly zoomed out but even still ... :)
I used to live in Singapore. The views of ships from the coast is pretty awesome - also especially at dusk when the lights come on (on the ships). I have celebrated NYE near the coast - and most ships will fire off a flare at midnight!!

Evening all ! Friday 27 May 2022 evening update.

Check the map here to see where all the ships are.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Destination is Koper, Slovenia 01 Jun.
She is currently in the Red Sea and will arrive off Suez tomorrow night.

THEBEN Destination is Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is presently crossing the Arabian Sea and is on schedule to arrive off Suez on 04 Jun
Don't forget to enter the competition! Click HERE to enter - it's free.

RCC EUROPE Destination is Southampton ETA ~16 Jun
She is making excellent time as she ploughs through the Straits of Malacca at over 18 kts. She has decided that she can make up some time and has revised her ETA for Suez to 07 Jun. Accordingly I have brought forward my ETA for her arrival in Southampton to 16 Jun. This fits in nicely to the report of her planned arrival also being 16 Jun. I think this will be the only UK shipment this quarter.

THEMIS LEADER Destination is Singapore (29 May) and Dubai (~11 Jun) Not yet a confirmed Tesla ship but looking like a prime suspect for the shipments to SIN and DXB.

HORIZON LEADER Her destination is most likely to be EU (Koper ~18 Jun or Zeebrugge ~ 25 Jun).
She has decided to run the gauntlet of the Taiwan Straits as she heads for a refuel off Singapore next Wednesday 01 Jun. The straits are unusually calm at the moment and so it is the logical choice of route. The South China Sea looks fine for the remainder of this leg of her voyage too.

We are running out of time for any future EU bound vessels and I can't identify any likely suspects.
CARRERA headed off to Japan and ARC COMMITTMENT is not the strongest of candidates.
Our last hope may be TOKYO CAR - she will probably arrive alongside Haitong at high tide around midday local tomorrow but again she's not a strong candidate although her sister ships have been chartered by Tesla in the past. We shall see......

Evening all ! Friday 27 May 2022 evening update.

Check the map here to see where all the ships are.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Destination is Koper, Slovenia 01 Jun.
She is currently in the Red Sea and will arrive off Suez tomorrow night.

THEBEN Destination is Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is presently crossing the Arabian Sea and is on schedule to arrive off Suez on 04 Jun
Don't forget to enter the competition! Click HERE to enter - it's free.

RCC EUROPE Destination is Southampton ETA ~16 Jun
She is making excellent time as she ploughs through the Straits of Malacca at over 18 kts. She has decided that she can make up some time and has revised her ETA for Suez to 07 Jun. Accordingly I have brought forward my ETA for her arrival in Southampton to 16 Jun. This fits in nicely to the report of her planned arrival also being 16 Jun. I think this will be the only UK shipment this quarter.

THEMIS LEADER Destination is Singapore (29 May) and Dubai (~11 Jun) Not yet a confirmed Tesla ship but looking like a prime suspect for the shipments to SIN and DXB.

HORIZON LEADER Her destination is most likely to be EU (Koper ~18 Jun or Zeebrugge ~ 25 Jun).
She has decided to run the gauntlet of the Taiwan Straits as she heads for a refuel off Singapore next Wednesday 01 Jun. The straits are unusually calm at the moment and so it is the logical choice of route. The South China Sea looks fine for the remainder of this leg of her voyage too.

We are running out of time for any future EU bound vessels and I can't identify any likely suspects.
CARRERA headed off to Japan and ARC COMMITTMENT is not the strongest of candidates.
Our last hope may be TOKYO CAR - she will probably arrive alongside Haitong at high tide around midday local tomorrow but again she's not a strong candidate although her sister ships have been chartered by Tesla in the past. We shall see......

Evening Mr M.

Thoughts on some EU customers reportedly getting deliveries early July? Do you suspect the madness of the last month or so have forced Tesla to keep shipping over to EU/UK early in the quarter?

Evening Mr M.

Thoughts on some EU customers reportedly getting deliveries early July? Do you suspect the madness of the last month or so have forced Tesla to keep shipping over to EU/UK early in the quarter?
I was told from our transport team at work who I’m getting my car from that this is the case. Because of the backlog they are going to try and deliver in July and August despite originally claiming these were months they never deliver. I guess they need to do something like this to catch up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I was told from our transport team at work who I’m getting my car from that this is the case. Because of the backlog they are going to try and deliver in July and August despite originally claiming these were months they never deliver. I guess they need to do something like this to catch up. 🤷🏽‍♂️
As someone who seemingly missed out on June delivery by around 2 weeks, I fully endorse this approach.

Just got delivery date 11-25 June and VIN.
Sweden.

Mr M, how is this even possible? With 11 of June the car has to be on Glovis, right? And trucked all the way to the north of Sweden from Koper? Would like to have a boat to follow in your updates! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.