Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crackle has been on DAB for at least 18 months. It's dependent on the station (lower bitrates, ie non-BBC seem worse) and can be provoked by scrolling the volume up and down while music is playing.

Never heard it in nearly 4 years yet within a few seconds of finishing this update, I get the crackle. Didn't have to go looking for it. 99% of the time, car is on DAB (or FM)

Sorry, but I started a thread earlier about 2023.12.9. Forgot this thread, so should have posted here. Can Mod delete please.
Copied from other.
M3 has updated this morning to 2023.12.9 from 2023.12.5 missing out 2023.12.8.
I was thinking the regenerative braking choice available worldwide model S 3 X Y would now be on the car but it is not and only now I have noticed the caveat (specific cars)
What specific cars would they be then?

Sorry, but I started a thread earlier about 2023.12.9. Forgot this thread, so should have posted here. Can Mod delete please.
Copied from other.
I was thinking the regenerative braking choice available worldwide model S 3 X Y would now be on the car but it is not and only now I have noticed the caveat (specific cars)
Have you tried a 2 button reset?

Copied from other.
I believe the specific in question might be Mainland China only, following the recent news flow of recall (close to 1.1M).
That would be to comply with the regulator there that now requires that the amount of regen must be customisable by the end user.
Let's see if somewhere down the road Tesla figures there's no harm in offering this worldwide but I suspect the .8 update was just made as a quick fix for those issues there.

• Informative
Reactions: DM250141
So the windscreen wiper thing is a software update? I did a 100 mile trip in beautiful sunny weather this morning. After about 10 miles my wipers came on. Opened the wiper scree saw the wipers were set to auto so I tried to switch to OFF. Wouldnt stick there. Repeated the operation several times and looked for a layby. Turned the power off and on, still had wipers. Did a full reset still had wipers. Changed direction towards a Tesla Service sttion. Wipers stopped. So resumed my journey. Found the wipers started again when I engaged autopilot. Continued on the journey switching to Off innumerable times. It either ignored me or stopped and occasionally decided to stop itself.

What did strike me was if this can happen to wipers because they are not on a stalk, God help us if indicators also behaved in this way when removed from the stalk?
Really my car was undriveable this morning and dangerous! You cannot fanny about with the stupid screen whilst driving a car on a motorway!

It's bug splatter on your windshield season so I had to contend with my wipers going mad and dry wiping.

And before anyone pipes up saying I should have stopped and cleaned my windscreen;

1. What's the point? It won't last for very long and 2. you're mad if you think I'm going to stop on the hard shoulder to do that.

Ended up having to not use autopilot as a result.

Reactions: G4WFT