Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wasn't there some legal issue in the US over them not being sensitive enough and the auto up had to be disabled till they could resolve it? is it something to do with that?

Maybe slight confusion here - im not referring to auto close when locking the car.

Rather about single click roll up or down while driving / in car - or whatever one can call that feature.
Light press/hold - rolls window down as long as the button is pressed
Hard press/release - window rolls down all the way

Maybe slight confusion here - im not referring to auto close when locking the car.

Rather about single click roll up or down while driving / in car - or whatever one can call that feature.
Light press/hold - rolls window down as long as the button is pressed
Hard press/release - window rolls down all the way
You might need to recalibrate the windows. (There are instructions in the manual.)

I think you can also do something via the service menu.

• Informative
Reactions: Konicom04
If you are in the USA (guessing you are by the date format and the Volt, Called the Ampera in EU) they have been disabled for now apparently. This is aa UK section so we would not have the issue
An NHTSA requirement in the US, as Tesla and some other manufacturers' automatic operation of windows and sunroofs exceeded a safety mandate. They had to "recall" cars to make sure they now met the safe operational threshold; in Tesla's case, they have switched it off while they work out how not to chop people's fingers off. It is apparently to be restored in future updates.

• Informative
Reactions: Konicom04
If your location is a Zip code then it might be related to this thread:

I don't think that change made its way over to UK&I so perhaps you'll get more traction on one of the worldwide or US forums.

If your location is a Zip code then it might be related to this thread:

I don't think that change made its way over to UK&I so perhaps you'll get more traction on one of the worldwide or US forums.

yeah - again - the above appears to be related to window movement while car is idle ( i.e. - closing from the app, or auto close when locking)
Incidentally - i honestly don't believe those features ever worked in my M3P.

The discussion seems to be from January. I've gone through numerous software updates since then and the windows were always fine.
Last one killed it