Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloading 2023.12.5 now. Release notes just show minor bug fixes (for legacy MX)
Me too. I’m hoping it sorts out my rear view camera which since 2023.12.1.1 has been useless during the day - the white balance is off and it looks massively over exposed. Still, at least the USS’s still work 😂.

The service centre have remotely looked at the car and are awaiting a part. I’ve been here before with other things that mysteriously need a part, until a software update arrives and sorts the problem.

Me too. I’m hoping it sorts out my rear view camera which since 2023.12.1.1 has been useless during the day - the white balance is off and it looks massively over exposed. Still, at least the USS’s still work 😂.

The service centre have remotely looked at the car and are awaiting a part. I’ve been here before with other things that mysteriously need a part, until a software update arrives and sorts the problem.
They must have been listening and not liked my observations - the update has disappeared!

They must have been listening and not liked my observations - the update has disappeared!

2023.12.5 successfully downloaded and installed on my legacy MX last night. Nothing exciting in the release notes for me but I haven’t taken it out for a drive yet to see if there are any real changes. I must admit the excitement I used to feel when a new update came in disappeared several years ago!!

2023.12.5 successfully downloaded and installed on my legacy MX last night. Nothing exciting in the release notes for me but I haven’t taken it out for a drive yet to see if there are any real changes. I must admit the excitement I used to feel when a new update came in disappeared several years ago!!
You and me both. It arrived again and I installed - no change to the rear camera so maybe it is hardware after all.

It’s mainly about people behind you being able to see your car. With lights off, DRLs are on, but tail lights aren’t, and with heavy cloud and lots of spray your car (especially if it’s MSM or black) can become difficult to pick out.

I too was surprised the headlights didn’t automatically turn on in heavy rain recently. Tesla need to improve this.
yep agreed - I have no idea why rear lights aren't on with DRL's unless its the tiny saving in range.

Not a range thing ... it's the way it tends to be done on ICE vehicles too. Given that it's hard to measure a difference with headlights on I can't think that a couple of marker lights at the back are any issue at all.
Agree, I think it wouldn't be more than a couple of points of a kWh max.

Most cars don't have rear DRLs bar a handful of makes. Only the odd BMW, Merc's I've seen them on and even then it depends on the model. Polestar's have a nice always on light bar at the rear which looks cool.