Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And before anyone pipes up saying I should have stopped and cleaned my windscreen;

1. What's the point? It won't last for very long and 2. you're mad if you think I'm going to stop on the hard shoulder to do that.

Should have gone on a smart motorway. Then you could have stopped and got out to clean the windscreen in any lane …

So the windscreen wiper thing is a software update? I did a 100 mile trip in beautiful sunny weather this morning. After about 10 miles my wipers came on. Opened the wiper scree saw the wipers were set to auto so I tried to switch to OFF. Wouldnt stick there. Repeated the operation several times and looked for a layby. Turned the power off and on, still had wipers. Did a full reset still had wipers. Changed direction towards a Tesla Service sttion. Wipers stopped. So resumed my journey. Found the wipers started again when I engaged autopilot. Continued on the journey switching to Off innumerable times. It either ignored me or stopped and occasionally decided to stop itself.

What did strike me was if this can happen to wipers because they are not on a stalk, God help us if indicators also behaved in this way when removed from the stalk?
Really my car was undriveable this morning and dangerous! You cannot fanny about with the stupid screen whilst driving a car on a motorway!
Auto-wipers are now mandatory when using Autopilot. If the wipers are dry wiping, it’s generally because there’s dirt in front of the camera. Try washing the windscreen, this has always sorted it for me.

Reactions: pault1981
Auto-wipers are now mandatory when using Autopilot. If the wipers are dry wiping, it’s generally because there’s dirt in front of the camera. Try washing the windscreen, this has always sorted it for me.
On a long journey in summer with lots of insects around you’d probably have to pull over a dozen times to keep the windscreen sufficiently clean. Not ideal on a motorway.

Besides, that hasn’t always worked for me. I find low sun is likely to cause dry wiping, even if the windscreen is spotlessly clean.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
On a long journey in summer with lots of insects around you’d probably have to pull over a dozen times to keep the windscreen sufficiently clean. Not ideal on a motorway.

Besides, that hasn’t always worked for me. I find low sun is likely to cause dry wiping, even if the windscreen is spotlessly clean.
Agree, direct sunlight sets mine off, along with dusk.

I’ve recently updated to 2023.12.5 and have only just noticed an interesting change in the charging screen. I’m pretty certain previously the “daily” section was 50-80% with 80-100% being “trip.” However, on my 2021 3LR it now shows daily up to 90% with only the last 90-100% being trip. Looks like Tesla is getting more confident in the longevity of their packs?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
I’ve recently updated to 2023.12.5 and have only just noticed an interesting change in the charging screen. I’m pretty certain previously the “daily” section was 50-80% with 80-100% being “trip.” However, on my 2021 3LR it now shows daily up to 90% with only the last 90-100% being trip. Looks like Tesla is getting more confident in the longevity of their packs?

It has definitely always been daily up to 90% ... no change in that regard. The thing that has changed is having the defined percentages on the car screen graphic (previously only on the app graphic).

It's bug splatter on your windshield season so I had to contend with my wipers going mad and dry wiping.

And before anyone pipes up saying I should have stopped and cleaned my windscreen;

1. What's the point? It won't last for very long and 2. you're mad if you think I'm going to stop on the hard shoulder to do that.

Ended up having to not use autopilot as a result.
This does look like a safety issue I have had a couple of times when the dry wipe + bugs and water lead to temporarily blindness for a 100 m or so. It might help if we had water for that first wipe possibly more than a thimble full of water. @G4WFT
G7LYL

It has definitely always been daily up to 90% ... no change in that regard. The thing that has changed is having the defined percentages on the car screen graphic (previously only on the app graphic).
Probably just the redesigned screen that caught my attention, in that case. The previous screen didn’t show the %, just had markers.

In relation to the 80%, don’t know. Many people say to only charge to 80%. I know Tesla will automatically set the limit to 80% at busy SuCs, though that’s more to do with throttling so you don’t hog chargers unnecessarily. TeslaMate goes into the yellow at above 80%, so they discourage going over 80%.

Probably just the redesigned screen that caught my attention, in that case. The previous screen didn’t show the %, just had markers.

In relation to the 80%, don’t know. Many people say to only charge to 80%. I know Tesla will automatically set the limit to 80% at busy SuCs, though that’s more to do with throttling so you don’t hog chargers unnecessarily. TeslaMate goes into the yellow at above 80%, so they discourage going over 80%.
I think Elon said it in a tweet one time so now taken as gospel :)

• Funny
Reactions: Cardo
I've never been able to open charge port on my MY (with Tesla charger wand) ... works on all the other Tesla models we have had here - I do have a MY visitor, but I don't remember trying the wand on his car either ...

Never thought to do anything about it, but I've had the MY for over a year, so its not a new thing (for me)

I've never been able to open charge port on my MY (with Tesla charger wand) ... works on all the other Tesla models we have had here - I do have a MY visitor, but I don't remember trying the wand on his car either ...

Never thought to do anything about it, but I've had the MY for over a year, so its not a new thing (for me)
It works fine on mine. I believe you have to be within range of the key fob or phone key though (or car unlocked).
Does it work when you’re using superchargers? Otherwise might be a fault with your car.

I believe you have to be within range of the key fob or phone key though (or car unlocked).

Actually I I'm talking tosh, sorry ...

With car unlocked the Wand Button will unlock the charger (if car is plugged in). I normally just open&close the back door (car then unlocks from phone in my pocket), and then press Wand Button and remove charger wand.

What it won't do is to open the charger door (car unlocked) which the wand button does do on the MS and (pretty sure) the M3 we had previously.. But I can press the charger door to get it to open (on any of them) so deffo a 1st world problem.

Actually I I'm talking tosh, sorry ...

With car unlocked the Wand Button will unlock the charger (if car is plugged in). I normally just open&close the back door (car then unlocks from phone in my pocket), and then press Wand Button and remove charger wand.

What it won't do is to open the charger door (car unlocked) which the wand button does do on the MS and (pretty sure) the M3 we had previously.. But I can press the charger door to get it to open (on any of them) so deffo a 1st world problem.
The Teslacharger wand (button) should still be able to open the charging port door when you press it regardless, maybe an issue with the RF receiver of the car then. But agreed, as you can simply press with your fingers on the charging port door when the car is unlocked to open it, it's a minor inconvenience.

Reactions: WannabeOwner