Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a couple of these, and stuck one to the top of my home charger plug. Works great :)

1684513895094.png

Reactions: H43lio
The Teslacharger wand (button) should still be able to open the charging port door when you press it regardless, maybe an issue with the RF receiver of the car then. But agreed, as you can simply press with your fingers on the charging port door when the car is unlocked to open it, it's a minor inconvenience.
Yep, my button on the Tesla charger handle hasn’t seemed to work for ages. I just tap the plug against the charging port door (lightly!) and it pops open.

I think it is so that you know whether AP or YOU are in control. I've had situations where I thought that AP was on, when it wasn't (even when it bonged to tell me - I just didn't register that fact)
This is why I enabled rainbow road when on autopilot. The blue lines for auto steer were not clear enough visually and I am pretty sure I have managed to turn off the bong... I turned off the chime for cruise control... or at the very least I no longer notice the AP one if it is still happening!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
This does look like a safety issue I have had a couple of times when the dry wipe + bugs and water lead to temporarily blindness for a 100 m or so. It might help if we had water for that first wipe possibly more than a thimble full of water. @G4WFT
G7LYL
Tesla rang me today regarding the wiper bug. This is the fix, the one and only fix!
Everytime you start a journey put the wipers onto STOP mode! Never try to put the car into Autopilot or it will put the wipers into action.
It is caused by using the Tesla Vision system but cannot be cured by cleaning cameras or windscreen. Tesla hopes it might be fixed in the next 3 software upgrades but are promising nothing? Sounds like another Elon promise.
Didnt think I should be too inconvenienced on my upcoming EU road trip next month.

Reactions: Pandinium
Auto-wipers are now mandatory when using Autopilot. If the wipers are dry wiping, it’s generally because there’s dirt in front of the camera. Try washing the windscreen, this has always sorted it for me.
Not quite true. They default to auto when you engage AP, but you can change them to any manual setting, I think. You just can't change them to "off".

When driving in torrential rain I often prefer to manually set them to max speed after engaging autosteer, rather than trusting the auto setting not to get confused by spray.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Presumably this only mimics pressing the charge port door to open it and still doesn’t allow you to remove the charge cable by simply pressing the button? Imho, it’s unlocking the cable easily is the useful feature.

Correct, just for plugging in. The "press to open" feature does not always work for me, but its not a big enough issue to take it to the service centre

I installed this last night. It seems they've been messing with the indicators, as now they no longer cancel when moving the stalk in the same direction as you're already indicating. Just as I had gotten used to using this technique as well.
Maybe they're getting us preconditioned to not using them for when they take the indicator stalk away..? :)

Probably just the redesigned screen that caught my attention, in that case. The previous screen didn’t show the %, just had markers.

In relation to the 80%, don’t know. Many people say to only charge to 80%. I know Tesla will automatically set the limit to 80% at busy SuCs, though that’s more to do with throttling so you don’t hog chargers unnecessarily. TeslaMate goes into the yellow at above 80%, so they discourage going over 80%.
80% has a long history from the earliest Leafs which had a setting for an 80% charge limit.. so it became gospel that it was 'best' to stop there, even after Nissan removed the limit, and some form of it seems to have survived into modern day on the Tesla..

The Tesla app has always said 90% for daily, and i've never had any problems at that setting.

• Informative
Reactions: Cardo
I installed this last night. It seems they've been messing with the indicators, as now they no longer cancel when moving the stalk in the same direction as you're already indicating. Just as I had gotten used to using this technique as well.
I didn’t notice this, and pretty sure I’ve got this update. I’ll double check..

Have you got the auto cancelling indicator mode on?

is anybody else forward collision not working ? I’m so used to it bleeping whenever a car breaks in front of me, noticed yesterday that it isn’t doing it at all anymore… regardless of how close (double checked the setting and it’s still turned on)

is anybody else forward collision not working ? I’m so used to it bleeping whenever a car breaks in front of me, noticed yesterday that it isn’t doing it at all anymore… regardless of how close (double checked the setting and it’s still turned on)

Mine is working more than I need it to - e.g. if approaching a right hand bend and there is a car parked on the bend, the warning goes off before I follow the bend of the road away from the collision course with the parked car.