Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was quite impressed the times I used it today. Makes me a tiny bit jealous that I don’t have it on mine, or at least have the option…
Feels like this is more of what Tesla wanted when they removed the USS and is maybe the first showing of what the Occupancy Network can do outside of the USA. Should of had it ready before they removed the sensors but does give some confidence they have a plan that works also with their cost cutting drive.

Imagine how easy it would be if we could just have car play 😅
In a lot of cars I'd miss it but not so much in Tesla. It has Apple Music and pretty good Sat Nav also. I can see why they don't do it because the integration of the nav with the cars systems is really important and is lost if you use Car Play / Android Auto.

Other brands need this to plug in for their not all that great in-built systems but I don't feel Tesla does need that.

In a lot of cars I'd miss it but not so much in Tesla. It has Apple Music and pretty good Sat Nav also. I can see why they don't do it because the integration of the nav with the cars systems is really important and is lost if you use Car Play / Android Auto.

Other brands also have their own sat nav and also CarPlay. Also my entire music library and whole tomtom maps are already on my phone and they are a very good in areas where there is a poor cellular service.

Also, There allot of is music I have that is greyed out and won't play within the tesla apple music app as its still part of iTunes match but I have no issue playing them in apple CarPlay or indeed the apple music web player. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like that high fidelity parking ultrasound view isn’t as good as some people think it is

FSD Beta v11.x

Dear oh dear 🤦‍♂️
HFPA has removed the distance guesstimates, most likely because Tesla finally realise that they are wildly inaccurate. Better for them to have visually impressive images where there is less liability for the vagueness & damage can be attributed to driver interpretation rather than misleading measurements,

Looks like that high fidelity parking ultrasound view isn’t as good as some people think it is

FSD Beta v11.x

Dear oh dear 🤦‍♂️
It looks like it’s getting it spot on from the pictures. Rear wheel close to the kerb based on the repeater cameras and that’s what the visual is showing, quite how the driver managed to get his front tyre against the kerb we’ll never know. People **** up reversing manoeuvres all the time, even with 360 cameras.

Reactions: M1tch
It looks like it’s getting it spot on from the pictures. Rear wheel close to the kerb based on the repeater cameras and that’s what the visual is showing, quite how the driver managed to get his front tyre against the kerb we’ll never know. People **** up reversing manoeuvres all the time, even with 360 cameras.
Having now got it, you really wouldn’t use it for getting close to a kerb I wouldn’t anyway

Not sure if I missed it, but I didn’t see anyone calling out that HFPA seems more like a marketing stunt by Tesla to attempt to show that Vision can replace LiDAR — but so far it seems clearly inferior, at least from what I’m reading here (I have a Plaid with USS, so no way for me to see for myself).

Just done my drive to work and speed cameras are certainly showing up for me, although the banner saying there was one ahead popped up for the first one then just stayed there permanently even after i had passed it and all subsequent ones. Can't say that's particularly useful...

Just done my drive to work and speed cameras are certainly showing up for me, although the banner saying there was one ahead popped up for the first one then just stayed there permanently even after i had passed it and all subsequent ones. Can't say that's particularly useful...
Yep same now - warned be by small visual of a speed camera but totally useless in its current form as I need to watch the road and not the screen

Reactions: Pagemakers
Other brands also have their own sat nav and also CarPlay. Also my entire music library and whole tomtom maps are already on my phone and they are a very good in areas where there is a poor cellular service.

Also, There allot of is music I have that is greyed out and won't play within the tesla apple music app as its still part of iTunes match but I have no issue playing them in apple CarPlay or indeed the apple music web player. 🤷‍♂️
I’m not saying it might not be a bonus in some ways, just personally I don’t really miss it in the Tesla.

However if you were using TomTom on your iPhone then the car won’t preheat the battery for charging, won’t even know that you need to charge. Probably it’s reporting efficiency of people constantly on certain routes and sections of road back to Tesla and who knows what else. These are reasons that it’s better to stick with the native Nav and why I think Tesla doesn’t offer CarPlay / Android Auto because it would lower the experience along with the data they can collect.

Not sure if I missed it, but I didn’t see anyone calling out that HFPA seems more like a marketing stunt by Tesla to attempt to show that Vision can replace LiDAR — but so far it seems clearly inferior, at least from what I’m reading here (I have a Plaid with USS, so no way for me to see for myself).
You don’t have Lidar and USS wouldn’t pick up kerbs when trying to parallel park I’d think either.

The vision system isn’t perfect and they absolutely should have got it more to the point it is now before they removed the USS but it seems like given time they can get it to a reasonable level.