Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No bracket for HomeLink was installed. There are spare threaded holes to mount the bracket, however.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I imagine removing the homelink module from the bracket is pretty easy. It looks like there are tab(s) keeping it in place. But removing that bracket, not so easy.

I've also seen installs were people just zip tied the module in place because they didn't have the bracket or didn't want the hassle to trying to install it.

So, they are going to install the radar for the cars which don't have it. For example, I purchased my car in Nov 2022, I don't have the radar, so, they are going to instal that radar on my car. ????

for
No. You need to buy a new Tesla with HW4 to get your radar. Radar is reincarnated in the form of HW4. There's no pathway to retrofit older cars to HW4.

What if cars without USS already have this new hardware? I mean, why would Tesla remove those sensors just for a couple months and then add a radar back on newer models. This would kill the value of all cars built within this short time frame. Surely there is a secret ingredient we are not aware of, but will soon be unveiled.
I doubt Tesla even cares about those cars, especially when they're growing 50%+ year over year and a portion of those were discounted. Radar-less cars make up an even bigger portion of the fleet, (nearly 2 years) but now HD radar is available, so why not go back if it makes FSD development easier?

I own one of those and realize that it may never drive like HW4 or a later version, but that's been true all along after looking back at AP1 threads. Not a big deal, I'm happy with free autopilot as-is.

I agree, it would be pretty cool if they've been installing radar since the first of the year and are just waiting to announce it. Then I'll have to upgrade at some point! 😂

Reactions: Valtor
I doubt Tesla even cares about those cars, especially when they're growing 50%+ year over year and a portion of those were discounted. Radar-less cars make up an even bigger portion of the fleet, (nearly 2 years) but now HD radar is available, so why not go back if it makes FSD development easier?

I own one of those and realize that it may never drive like HW4 or a later version, but that's been true all along after looking back at AP1 threads. Not a big deal, I'm happy with free autopilot as-is.

I agree, it would be pretty cool if they've been installing radar since the first of the year and are just waiting to announce it. Then I'll have to upgrade at some point! 😂
The HD radar is tied to HW4. If you don't have HW4, you don't get the HD Radar. I don't see Tesla creating a hybrid system for this short run where there are HW3 cars with the HD radar. And retrofitting the older radar to USS-less cars is meaningless, as Tesla has already abandoned it even in cars that still have the older radar unit in them.

No. You need to buy a new Tesla with HW4 to get your radar. Radar is reincarnated in the form of HW4. There's no pathway to retrofit older cars to HW4.

o. You need to buy a new Tesla with HW4 to get your radar. Radar is reincarnated in the form of HW4. There's no pathway to retrofit older cars to HW4.

Same here.
Delivery schedules for 27th.. I'm just hoping that I got really lucky. Even if I don't have radar. I'll still be happy to finally own a model 3
you will not have radar nor sensors

So my car, 2019, with radar will be restored when they come out with the new radar? I hate that I cannot see distances in the front anymore!
Distances displayed have never had anything to do with radar. They come from the ultrasonic sensors, and they haven't been disabled.

If you aren't seeing distances, then something is likely broken, and you need to open a service request to have Tesla fix it.

Distances displayed have never had anything to do with radar. They come from the ultrasonic sensors, and they haven't been disabled.

If you aren't seeing distances, then something is likely broken, and you need to open a service request to have Tesla fix it.
Ok, I thought the radar being disabled had something to do with it. I have distances when I back in but when I pull in, it is a tight fit, I almost hit my toolbox each time cause there is no distance showing.

I will be making an appointment to fix a few other things as well.

Any news on restoring the Summons, Auto Park and Park assist?
I saw that with FSD v 11.3 park assist is back but it’s not out yet and.no actual confirmation.
I have a 2023 M3 and I love the updates but really want those 4 features to show up!
the support page still says “coming soon”

Any news on restoring the Summons, Auto Park and Park assist?
I saw that with FSD v 11.3 park assist is back but it’s not out yet and.no actual confirmation.
I have a 2023 M3 and I love the updates but really want those 4 features to show up!
the support page still says “coming soon”
Note the park assist being back is talking about for cars with USS. FSD Beta previously made it so park assist didn't activate in most situations (for cars with USS). V11 Supposedly fixed that.

Source? I have only read about the rumor the software to get HW4 working was planned for March, not that USS features would be restored.
Some people say the features aren’t coming. I just don’t believe that.
They make you sign off when you get the car that they are coming soon. The support page for Tesla vision still says coming soon. If they weren’t coming or ran into issues that made these features impossible to do with vision, they wouldn’t keep the “coming soon” thing Ongoing. I’m sure it will be coming and I just hope it’s sooner than later.