Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for reference, this is what it looks like in my case, a reset DAS almost always fixes the problem temporarily.

tesla service indicated on the phone that they expect this to be a hardware issue, will know more after their diagnosis and probably will need to return the car

Attachments

• photo_2024-01-12_12-19-52.jpg
    photo_2024-01-12_12-19-52.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 57
  • photo_2024-01-12_12-19-53.jpg
    photo_2024-01-12_12-19-53.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 42
For the record, when my passenger-side repeater camera went blank, I had some sort of error message in service mode regarding the stream being unavailable. Car reboot didn't help. Only DAS reset brought it back (how I located this feature, having exhausted most other things). Having the return option will put pressure on them to attempt a fix prior. In the US I have to wait more than 2 weeks usually for a SC appointment to sometimes having to redo this when nothing is addressed. I am on my 3rd SC appointment for unrelated stuff.

Picked up my MYLR on 12/27 from my second service center visit. They got the latest software installed after disconnecting both batteries for a hard reset. Drove out with the care working fine but after about 3 hours of driving to various places I had the exact same experience as the above poster. After turning the car off for about 45 minutes and starting up again all was working. Drove it more yesterday without problem so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Not a very comforting feeling though. I'll keep ya'll posted with what happens in the next few days.
Just to update everyone, there possibly is hope!? Except for the one glitch described above with the backup camera out for a 60 mile leg of driving, the car has been working without issue for almost 2.5 weeks. It has downloaded and installed two updates without a problem and each morning the car has been functioning as it should. So far no hardware has been replaced. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue. I'll let ya know how it goes down stream again. Hope all you guys find a resolution too.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
OP here. Tesla cancelled by scheduled service appointment for this thursday, after I spent the last week logging occurrences of the issues via text and photo/video. Short story, it happens pretty much every day. They cancelled my service appointment it with a similar diagnosis as original. To paraphrase: "There is no hardware fault, the issue must be fixed with software, and there is no eta for the fix". I responded that the result is unacceptable, the lack of backup camera is a safety issue and required by law and that if tesla can't fix the vehicle, then they can replace it as not every 2023 Model LR is affected by this defect. They now say they are escalating my case but provided no eta for contact or next steps. While I like the car and driving it, this defect is significant to me and is starting to damage the experience and my faith in the product and company.

OP here. Tesla cancelled by scheduled service appointment for this thursday, after I spent the last week logging occurrences of the issues via text and photo/video. Short story, it happens pretty much every day. They cancelled my service appointment it with a similar diagnosis as original. To paraphrase: "There is no hardware fault, the issue must be fixed with software, and there is no eta for the fix". I responded that the result is unacceptable, the lack of backup camera is a safety issue and required by law and that if tesla can't fix the vehicle, then they can replace it as not every 2023 Model LR is affected by this defect. They now say they are escalating my case but provided no eta for contact or next steps. While I like the car and driving it, this defect is significant to me and is starting to damage the experience and my faith in the product and company.
you can try the lemon law route, that should put pressure on them. I agree it’s not acceptable, but sometimes forcing the other side to do something is acceptable when reasonable recourse has been exhausted. Sending a certified letter to Tesla and submitting your evidence to the regulatory bodies in Colorado that handle this shouldn’t be that hard. You probably didn’t need a lawyer.

You are way past due for a buy back, refund or lemon law return. My one month old M3 is currently at the Service Center and I'm looking at the progress of it & not liking it at all. GPS/cameras issue & paint blemishes are being fixed, but rattling inside cabin & exterior panel gaps are already marked as resolved with the lame slap in the face "within spec".

Last edited:
OP here. Not sure why, but lately the symptoms have been more frequent and last longer. At this point, the issues generally happen every day, twice per day. When i leave for work in the morning, the cameras, gps, etc are offline and after about 5 minutes of driving then fix themselves. When I leave work, same. However, for this past week its been worse. I have gone through full commutes with no cameras, gps, etc. It is still randomly fixing itself while driving, but its now more broken than not.

Update;
After requesting to push 2023.44.30.8 to my 2019 SR+ by messaging Tesla in the app, emailing Tesla Service and phoning Tesla I received a notice this morning that 30.8 was available to download. I started the download from a nearby hotspot I created to have a strong signal unlike the first failed attempt. The download paused after 10 minutes at 50% and remained there for about 20 minutes. Both the app and the car showed the download was 100% after 45 minutes but did not indicate it was ready to install. Then after another 45 minutes the car showed 60% and the app showed 90% but then within a minute or two they were both showing 100% again. The car sat at 100% for about 3 hours. I then I received a notice that the update was ready to install. The install took about 30 minutes and completed with out any issues unlike my previous 2 attempts 2 weeks ago that both failed. I did a short drive and the reverse cameras came up practically instantly and all the visualizations are working properly. I did not perform any boots after the download or install.

My service request from Tesla a week ago had stated that they had been unable to correct the issue remotely and I would need to go to the service center for a computer replacement at a cost to me of $2500. Hopefully this is a solid fix for me!

• Informative
Reactions: ultramyp and Dayreg