Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my quote through from LV for our two Teslas - one was up 31%, the other 50% (go figure!). I'm in the Martin Lewis '26-20 day' range, so a quick MoneySuperMarket search or two later and I'm now with Admiral, with both cars insured for less than the price of one with LV...

Complete madness how things can be so varied.

Another tip when searching for insurance renewal - look at the Topcashback comparison. They may or may not offer a competitive quote, but if they do and you take out the policy through the link provided, you'll get (currently) £40 cashback.

Reactions: Roger20
Another tip when searching for insurance renewal - look at the Topcashback comparison. They may or may not offer a competitive quote, but if they do and you take out the policy through the link provided, you'll get (currently) £40 cashback.
I used Confused via Topcashback which gave my best (Hastings) quote with about £35 cashback on top. A friend also got his cheapest Tesla insurance via Topcashback.

Reactions: Whyone
Still not seeing any of these claims of 40% increases at all, certainly not in my quotes.

I can probably omit the multi-car quote option, but the next one is within £7 of what I was quoted in November 2023 - UK Aug 23 Insurance Recommendations albeit with Churchill not Admiral.

My policy was £654 with Admiral in May 2023 for their standard (not the essential basic cover as wanted extras) so within area of quotes below at £645.

1706958445964.png

He lives in the middle of nowhere.
No one around to to run into or run into it and no one there to steal it :)
Yup ... that's pretty much it! (Retired so no business use required, and I'm happy to run with a big voluntary excess... Mileage expectation was 12000 but I didn't need it so recently reduced to 10000 which kept it under £400 ... though mainly I reckon it's indeed just due to living in a low crime and accident region... )

• Informative
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
Pretty much 50% increase, no change in circumstances.

Can't find a cheaper quote on comparison sites (except black box policy), same policy is actually £100 more expensive as a new customer. Rung them up and they wouldn't drop a penny off renewal price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204_164619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204_164619_Chrome.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 20
I'm surprised some of them didn't make it.. the one a 3:00 isn't even halfway up the wheels for example.. I've gone through stuff that deep before (it used to flood fairly regularly on my route to work).

OTOH there are others that have clearly mistaken their cars for boats.

Last year I paid £540. This year, cheapest price I could get was £1000

Other halfs 14 plate toyota verso has gone up from £240 to £400 as well.

That was AFTER doing the insurance dance of every bloody comparison site known to man, including manually trying multi car quotes.

Funny how admiral (who i went with) are insuring me for £1000 but on a multi car quote they wanted £1300. Scammers!

Reactions: KennethS and Js1977

That was AFTER doing the insurance dance of every bloody comparison site known to man, including manually trying multi car quotes.

Funny how admiral (who i went with) are insuring me for £1000 but on a multi car quote they wanted £1300. Scammers!

I did point some facts out on here. ABI doesn't fall very short of modern day racketeering imho even though the system never really made sense of how quotes are done and I dont think anyone that has been insuring their cars for some years can argue otherwise imho.

With car insurance being as compulsory for many as the essentials you need to buy from supermarkets, this is not inline and never has been with any inflation.

Rant over :)

I’ve had the same experience with multicar quote coming in higher than insuring separately. When I asked how that can be the CS person had no explanation….

Reactions: Js1977