Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admiral multicar & home insurance renewal came through yesterday. Last year: £1400, this year: £2200.

30 mins on the phone with them and they were able to bring it down to £1500.

It looks like after a few years of automatic renewals been cheap, it's gone back to the days of checking other insurers etc etc.

Directline is still cheapest for our Tesla but for the Lexus 10 minutes online and we've got a quote nearly 50% cheaper than the renewal quote. Its also cheaper than last year!!

So no complaints about insurance costs from us :).

53541238555_0b7920f79e_c_d.jpg

53554198558_ea732967bf_c_d.jpg

I've done a quote with compare supermarket. I have recently ordered so don't have a reg yet. I did a few quotes over last month as was considering second hand but chose to buy new. I've only had my licence 7/8 months, (just left it late to do my lessons and pass my test). My first quote came out at 3,500. Now it's coming through at 6-12k which i think is ridiculous. I did have to make a claim as I was using a Motability car (and they claim any damage needs a claim aren't I stupid, I only damaged it on a curb)!!!!

What's the best idea here in anyone's opinion, I'm 31 by the way.

I've done a quote with compare supermarket. I have recently ordered so don't have a reg yet. I did a few quotes over last month as was considering second hand but chose to buy new. I've only had my licence 7/8 months, (just left it late to do my lessons and pass my test). My first quote came out at 3,500. Now it's coming through at 6-12k which i think is ridiculous. I did have to make a claim as I was using a Motability car (and they claim any damage needs a claim aren't I stupid, I only damaged it on a curb)!!!!

A driver with a licence less than a year old and with a claim already? You’re going to get absolutely stuffed trying to insure something like a Tesla. As others have mentioned, you’re far better off getting a cheap run around, build up your experience and no-claims history.

Originally the quotes came out at 3-3500. Then all of a sudden started shooting up to 6-12k which doesn't make sense.
I think insurance companies have been playing this game for decades. I remember when I bought my first big motorbike I did some quotes early on to make sure they were affordable, then when I went to actually get insurance once I’d bought the bike costs had approximately doubled. Insurance companies are not your friend.

You’re probably going to be screwed no matter what you do, just because of the lack of experience and the claim.

Tesla’s are minimum group 48 cars, with LR being 50 - the highest there is.

Reactions: Matthewleigh