Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost my mind on the phone with a Tesla rep yesterday. I had been texting them all day without any response. I’m trying to buy an expensive car and they’re treating it like I’m buying a $50 pair of headphones. I have all sorts of questions, and they’re not responding.

This one guy called me and I was admittedly agitated. He told me to “calm down.“ I freaked out on him. I don’t need them to tell me to calm down. And I wasn’t that mad to begin with just agitated that nobody is responding to me when I’m trying to buy a damn car from them!

What a terrible sales experience this has been over the last few days. And now Tesla is lowballing me on the trade-in by a couple thousand dollars, which I’m also furious about. Really negative taste in my mouth right now.

I like the car, hate everything else. They CS is a joke. They blamed me warranty damage and refused to cover it. Well, they covered it because I proved it was their fault 😂

I take a different view. Customer service folks are human like the rest of us and don't have anything to do with how systems work, any delivery delays or if it's cloudy outside. So getting mad at them just gets you nowhere and makes them feel mad at you for not having better control of yourself.
These guys are the ones who might be able to help you, so "tearing them a new one" just makes them significantly less likely to try help you and much more likely to do the bare minimum to get rid you. Its also usually logged in your customer profile as being abusive.
In the modern world, entitled, abusive customers are not tolerated.
Salesperson giving me an imperative command is asking to have their ass chewed out.

Here we go!
What a gimmick.

So inventory cars are actually more expensive than before.

This is for people who doesn't know about inventory. It's crazy how many people have no clue about inventory discounts.

Reactions: Skavatar
Trying to fight off BYD. BYD sold more EV's globally in the last quarter.

The BYD is backed by the CCP and the CCP propaganda is strong in China. And has received Billions from the CCP. The even have robo taxis, autopilot taxis, and ev buses in operation.

Meanwhile, Americans are not completely sold on the idea of more EVs when our own power grid is at risk of power outages, and various other factors. Tesla is the main charging infrastructure in the US. Its been 3 years since the bill passed and hardly any chargers built from the $7.5Billion allocated.

It’s very interesting to watch the games that Tesla plays by manipulating prices while also trying to instill fear that prices will be going back up.
IMG_0389.png

I am in the market for a Y or X. I definitely think the X prices can be cut more. Y probably has some room, but not as much. Will probably wait until end of the year because EV sales are not going to explode in the months to come.

Reactions: acpd
Keenly eyeing the potential Juniper release. Interesting that there isn’t a single MYP in the inventory (02.10.2024) but lots of MYLRs.

-

That is good. I took delivery of the model Y last Sunday in Charlotte, NC. 5100 off and 7500 tax credit taken off at POS. Lovin it for the most part. Some irritating things have come into play notably no data on the USB C Ports in the Center console. These are dumb ports for charging only when you have wireless charger right there! Only data port is in the glove box hooked up to the Dash Cam for clips and you have to use an adapter to use any extra usb for music etc. Just irritating.
I caught this on youtube earlier this week. Might be a solution:

-

Keenly eyeing the potential Juniper release. Interesting that there isn’t a single MYP in the inventory (02.10.2024) but lots of MYLRs.

-

I caught this on youtube earlier this week. Might be a solution:

-
Old info. Does not work on HW4. Bunch of sites are selling that USB module which does not work as there is no place to hook it up on the MCU. Tesla has shut it down. Everything you see in youTube is only relevant to the HW3 in MY and M3.

It’s very interesting to watch the games that Tesla plays by manipulating prices while also trying to instill fear that prices will be going back up.
View attachment 1017304

I am in the market for a Y or X. I definitely think the X prices can be cut more. Y probably has some room, but not as much. Will probably wait until end of the year because EV sales are not going to explode in the months to come.
You’re right. It is interesting an experiment and only Tesla can do so…with its direct sales data and w/out dealership as middlemen.

I’m curious how you think Tesla EV sales will fare this year relative to last…in the US.